Path of exile's spammy combat really resembles diablo 2. Wrecks Diablo 3.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Path of exile's spammy combat really resembles diablo 2. Wrecks Diablo 3.

User Info: FluttershyPony

FluttershyPony
3 years ago#1
D2/path of exile

Focus on 2-3 niche skills that you power up.
Optimize yourself to have enough regen(mana leech or reduction or regen) to sustain it.
Spam them endlessly, be satisfied at your high performance.

Diablo 3

hurf durf im outa hatred. I'll cast my weakass hatred arrow that hits only 1 target now.
hurf durf im outa spirit. I'll have to use punchy thunder for 30 seconds before i can combo.
hurf durf im outa mana. I'll have to spit poison darts for 20 seconds until I can cast again
I can't play a barbarian without whirlwind, cause I'll spam bash for an hour before I can cast rage-abilities.
I can't play a wizard without going tornado/critical mass/APOC. Because I'll have to cast my arcane missile for an hour before I can use meteor again.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
3 years ago#2
Very insightful. You are a genius.
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
3 years ago#3
The hate is strong in this one.
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

User Info: gfacchini

gfacchini
3 years ago#4
Mad_Cow46 posted...

LOL

I liked this because I read it in my mind as Will Ferell doing Inside the Actor's Studio

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
3 years ago#5
gfacchini posted...
Mad_Cow46 posted...

LOL

I liked this because I read it in my mind as Will Ferell doing Inside the Actor's Studio

haha I like it!
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.

User Info: arucard199

arucard199
3 years ago#6
Diablo 3 wrecks Diablo 3....

Yes... It wrecked itself.
"OH YA! Look at ya! Talkin all dat good **** a second ago! Then you got KICKED IN YO CHEST!" -Col. Stinkmeaner

User Info: Akazora

Akazora
3 years ago#7
You'll want D3 resources back when you can only cast a spell twice with two support gems before having to mana pot for classes that start too far away from blood magic.

User Info: Sasquatch8080

Sasquatch8080
3 years ago#8
FluttershyPony posted...
D2/path of exile

Focus on 2-3 niche skills that you power up.
Optimize yourself to have enough regen(mana leech or reduction or regen) to sustain it.
Spam them endlessly, be satisfied at your high performance.

Diablo 3

hurf durf im outa hatred. I'll cast my weakass hatred arrow that hits only 1 target now.
hurf durf im outa spirit. I'll have to use punchy thunder for 30 seconds before i can combo.
hurf durf im outa mana. I'll have to spit poison darts for 20 seconds until I can cast again
I can't play a barbarian without whirlwind, cause I'll spam bash for an hour before I can cast rage-abilities.
I can't play a wizard without going tornado/critical mass/APOC. Because I'll have to cast my arcane missile for an hour before I can use meteor again.

I am seeing a lot of the word "Spam" in both cases, but you really sound like a noob that hasn't touched D3 since release and just read patch notes in the meantime?
Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sasquatch80-1868/
"And the rain will kill us all if we throw ourselves against the wall."

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 years ago#9
Except that PoE skills are less unique than D2's and have the complexity of Diabo 1 skills.
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009

User Info: Succubus191

Succubus191
3 years ago#10
Also, no cooldowns.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Path of exile's spammy combat really resembles diablo 2. Wrecks Diablo 3.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived