How does Viper Strike and Blood rage work?

#1profDEADPOOLPosted 1/30/2013 6:23:06 AM
I assume I have to activate both of them for them to apply the chaos damage. Is that correct?

If so for Viper Strike is there some sort of indication when it is active. I am not noticing one.

Or are they a buff that is just always in affect and costs 8 mana per what?
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD
#2jewel of openPosted 1/30/2013 6:38:39 AM
viper strike leaves little orbs around the enemy stacks up to 4 of them and does damage over time as long as the orbs are up

blood rage does damage to YOU over time but grants you attack speed and life leech and this buff on you keeps refreshign every time you kill some one. also gives frenzy charges
---
See you on Phantasy Star Online 2
http://www.planetside2.com/
#3profDEADPOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:40:53 AM
ok that doesn't answer my question of if they have to be activated...
---
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD
#4jewel of openPosted 1/30/2013 6:48:18 AM(edited)
all skills need to be activated

viper strike is a melee attack that you press a button to activate to attack the enemy it only works with claw, dagger and sword.

blood rage is a buff that you have to press a button to activate to put the buff on your self.

i didnt think i needed to explain that a button had to be pressed to activate a skill
---
See you on Phantasy Star Online 2
http://www.planetside2.com/
#5profDEADPOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:32:45 AM
all skills need to be activated

viper strike is a melee attack that you press a button to activate to attack the enemy it only works with claw, dagger and sword.

blood rage is a buff that you have to press a button to activate to put the buff on your self.

i didnt think i needed to explain that a button had to be pressed to activate a skill

Well seeing as for Viper Strike there was nothing on my character to show it I thought it might be always on if equipped.

So does Viper Strike function like Dual Strike where it attacks wherever I clicked then or does it apply to my next attack?
---
#6SyxxPakk6Posted 1/30/2013 8:31:20 AM
You seem really confused about Viper Strike.. its not a buff its an attack Bind it to a button and keep using it to attack the enemy, use 4 times to get stacks use different attack, then use Viper again if still alive to keep 4 stacks on enemy.

Viper isn't a buff that gives you a passive effect its a skill that adds the effect to the target each time its used and stacks up to 4 times.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks
#7gfacchiniPosted 1/30/2013 8:51:50 AM
I like Viper Strike in the early going. I've got it set to R right now. Pretty useful. R weak enemies, run away, they die behind you. I'll use it on bosses and unique enemies to drain their life a little too.
#8profDEADPOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:05:19 PM
You seem really confused about Viper Strike.. its not a buff its an attack Bind it to a button and keep using it to attack the enemy, use 4 times to get stacks use different attack, then use Viper again if still alive to keep 4 stacks on enemy.

Viper isn't a buff that gives you a passive effect its a skill that adds the effect to the target each time its used and stacks up to 4 times.

Yea I was under the impression it was a buff lol.

Thanks for clearing that up.
---