Quest: deal with the bandits. Reward:skill point OR minor stats

#1Chape87Posted 2/1/2013 1:53:15 AM
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Deal_with_the_Bandits

Just ran into this quest so i figured i'd post. good to know ahead of time for build creation. especially since the game entices you with the free permanent stat boost when you run into the bandit, but fails to mention you miss the chance to get a skill point (or at least from what i saw it didn't)

Also, anyone know if there is more quests like this?
---
"Vids or it didn't happen."
Gamertag: LCHLGO
#25171522Posted 2/1/2013 1:55:41 AM
As of right now, it's the only one with such a reward choice.
---
Not.
#360fpsPosted 2/1/2013 4:58:56 AM
Damn, I picked hp over that? Live and learn. My other classes will reap the skill point then.
---
Currently playing: Marvel Heroes(coming Spring 2013), Avengers Alliance, Path of Exile.
#4EntropianPosted 2/1/2013 6:49:03 AM
HP is prolly better choice than skill point. It adds the 40 HP to your base health so it receives all the %bonuses and what not. For example, i took the 40 hp on my mara and actually got ~100 hp from it.
---
The opposite of congress must be progress.
#5KhelThuzadPosted 2/1/2013 7:32:22 AM
Entropian posted...
HP is prolly better choice than skill point. It adds the 40 HP to your base health so it receives all the %bonuses and what not. For example, i took the 40 hp on my mara and actually got ~100 hp from it.

No really. The HP reward is better for melee and hardcore characters... At higher levels, the passive point is a boon especially for hybrid characters that have a huge tree to use.
---
carriers are synonymous with instantaneous-winination - parrot_of_adun
Doesnt work in inferno, the monsters kill you and farm you for gold instead - havok718
#6jewel of openPosted 2/1/2013 7:34:52 AM
ele resists obvious choice
---
See you on Phantasy Star Online 2
http://www.planetside2.com/
#75171522Posted 2/1/2013 7:47:59 AM
Resists cap, and you can get that with equipment.

HP doesn't cap.
---
Not.
#8Nintendo guyPosted 2/1/2013 7:49:35 AM
The health is the best choice if you have any amount of + x% life nodes.
#9dsvw56Posted 2/1/2013 7:51:34 AM
The HP is the only choice for anyone not doing a weird low HP or CI build. Nothing is going to add to your overall survivability more than base HP. No one needs mana because regen is so easy to get. If you're having mana troubles in this game you are doing something incredibly wrong. The resists are a waste because of how easy it is to cap on resists. Even on merciless you shouldn't have to try all too hard to hit the cap. If it gave Chaos resist, it'd be a different story, but it doesn't so it's useless.

So that leaves us with the choice between 40 Base HP and a passive point. Considering there is no node on the passive tree worth more than 30, the 40 HP has a value of 1.33 passive points at a minimum. Add in the fact that it saves you from having to REACH an HP node and it's value becomes all the more greater. You can probably gain 2-3 skill points in the end by taking the 40 HP and passing up up an HP node or two in the skill tree. Also, that 40HP makes all your +HP% nodes in the tree worth that much more. So, unless you're doing some weird build that doesn't rely on HP, the 40 HP from the bandit quests is the best option.
---
GT : SacredDriver
#10RizzonaterPosted 2/1/2013 7:55:24 AM
It's also worth noting that the bonuses are different for each difficulty, so the 40 hp is only available in Normal
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater