Overall, best character for a tank type?

#1junk42201Posted 2/1/2013 5:29:13 AM
Which character best suits just smashing enemies to pieces and being able to take a lot of damage? I tried the duelist and he seems a bit weak. Also, would you recommend sword and board or a two hander?
#2RizzonaterPosted 2/1/2013 5:31:38 AM
That depends entirely on the nodes you take, but marauder starts the closest to life nodes. 2 hander + sweep + life on hit all the way
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#3ZaruenKosaiPosted 2/1/2013 5:33:22 AM
Duelist is in my opinion the best because they can get Iron reflexes and a bunch of armor + evasion nodes along with also beingaable to travel to marauder and get all the hp +armor nodes + hp regen as well....
#4junk42201(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:39:52 AM
What side of the passive tree are the marauder nodes? I think I just took Iron Reflexes on my Duelist.
#5RizzonaterPosted 2/1/2013 5:44:47 AM
The opposite side. Marauder is to the left and up a bit from Duelist. If you're going for a tank duelist you might as well get unwavering stance too
---
#6junk42201(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:49:35 AM
Alright, I will have to check out the marauder nodes. Thanks.
#7ZaruenKosaiPosted 2/1/2013 6:10:15 AM
Rizzonater posted...
The opposite side. Marauder is to the left and up a bit from Duelist. If you're going for a tank duelist you might as well get unwavering stance too

its actually a small distance from the duelist starting position.

not exactly opposite sides heh..

you can easily get iron reflexes and the all the marauder nodes you need on a tank duelist..
#8RizzonaterPosted 2/1/2013 6:16:52 AM
ZaruenKosai posted...
Rizzonater posted...

its actually a small distance from the duelist starting position.

not exactly opposite sides heh..

you can easily get iron reflexes and the all the marauder nodes you need on a tank duelist..

Yeah, I meant the opposite direction from iron reflexes haha. oops
---
#9easymodexzPosted 2/1/2013 11:02:04 AM
For a stupid tanky Duelist, you want:

1. 1h / Shield.
2. Shield block.
3. Armor% nodes.
4. Iron Reflex.
5. Unwavering Stance.
6. All %HP regen.
7. Stack some max HP%.
8. Get all the resist nodes (2x Diamond Skin, other resist nodes at the Marauder start).
9. Any notable armor+evade nodes (the 24% ones).
10. Get some mana/int to pick up the Grace aura or other auras (anger would be helpful too).
11. 1h damage mods, dur.

If I recall correctly, the Duelist area has 3.3% HP regen. Marauder has 1.9%. That's 5.2% total HP regen per second. You refill your entire HP pool in less than 20 seconds.

I mean, you don't even need a shield or block with that approach. You could go dual wield or use a 2h. DW would be more defensive (integrated 10% or 15% block or something).
#10Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 2/1/2013 12:58:56 PM
Its always funny when someone says "oh it depends on your build" when clearly some classes start with a huge advatantage from being very close to X , Y , and Z from the start.

IIRC, Marauder (or was it one of the other melee classes?) doesn't start anywhere near Bow passives. You'd have to spend at least 10 to 20 points just to get to one and by that point, you'd have wasted valuable points that could have been allocated to something viable
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193