Why do people keep saying the skill gem system reminds them of FF7?

#1KarmicDragon1Posted 2/1/2013 3:25:22 PM
It's literally almost nothing like it. Can you link various abilities together to create awesome effects such as First Attack + Knights of the Round? No. How about Final Attack + Phoenix or Life/Life2? No? Oh, damn. Well, can you at least gain AP for your skill gems to make them turn into stronger versions of the same spell (IE Ice 2/3, Regen/Cure3 etc)? No? Damn. Well, can you link certain spells with an Elemental materia to halve/nullify/leech various types of elemental damage? No? Oh, damn. Can you link various types of gems with a Status Effect type of skill gem that allows your character to have a 20% chance to instantly kill a monster, or a 50% chance to confuse any monster hit? No? Well, darn! When you "max out" a skill gem, do you get another? No? Oh, darn! What if when you max out every skill gem in the game, do you get a "master skill gem" that contains all the skills available in the game? No? Oh. Do your STATS change in various ways whenever you equip any skill gem? No? Oh darn.

How exactly is it ANYTHING like FFVII's materia system?
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#2sadjesturePosted 2/1/2013 3:32:28 PM
For people new to this board, click on KarmicDragon1's name and on the right, type in "Troll" to give him that tag so you can identify him whenever you see him here.

Have a nice day all!
#3KarmicDragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:34:25 PM
sadjesture posted...
For people new to this board, click on KarmicDragon1's name and on the right, type in "Troll" to give him that tag so you can identify him whenever you see him here.

Have a nice day all!

Have a nice day you too, sir.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#4Reverend_WilsonPosted 2/1/2013 3:51:57 PM
It gives skills and abilities plus support gems act like support materia?

I wouldn't call it the same, but I can see some of the same elements.
---
Q Boned
#5Ruppe21Posted 2/1/2013 9:01:46 PM
The gem system is not the same but very obviously inspired by the materia system.
just like the ff7 system---->

-you slot gems in armor and weapons to get abilities
-gems gain level up and and get better while fighting with them equipped
-you can link active gems with support gems
#6juzziebPosted 2/1/2013 9:09:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7ZaruenKosaiPosted 2/1/2013 9:13:38 PM
sadjesture posted...

Have a nice day all!

hey cool i didnt know you can give other users tags,,,,, time to tag all the idiots!

HAHA karmic, cant argue with me now... youre a 100% troll now.. it Even says so under your name whenever you post !

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
#8force_edgePosted 2/1/2013 9:20:36 PM
Actually the biggest Fantasy reference I got was the sphere grid. It's quite the copypasta.
---
GameFAQs, where opinions get moderated as "Flaming" just because some moderator felt hurt by it.
#9STG DeathbotPosted 2/1/2013 9:29:54 PM
I gotta look at the topic creator's name before clicking a thread...

For a minute I thought this wasn't a troll thread.
---
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
#10CatToyPosted 2/1/2013 10:25:19 PM
force_edge posted...
Actually the biggest Fantasy reference I got was the sphere grid. It's quite the copypasta.

Just pointing this out, but the sphere grid is almost completely linear.

While is certainly looks complex:
http://media.gameinternals.com/ffx-sphere-grid/mw-sphere-grid.png

It most definitely isn't:
http://media.gameinternals.com/ffx-sphere-grid/straightened-sphere-grid.png
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/338862/