Hybrid types should get their own colour of gem damn it.

#1PhantasmplusPosted 2/2/2013 1:55:02 AM
So I'm a Witch, going to go all frost spells and shatter everything, the works. Pure intelligence since, well caster. Look on the main site through spells for Intelligence. OOOO ARCTIC BREATH. I WANT TO SHOOT ICE SKULLS AT DUDES THAT'S SO METAL. I finally come across the spell I've wanted for so long and then I see that there is a god damn DEXTERITY REQUIREMENT.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/227/740/1325535604245.gif

That man represents my dream of being a great and powerful sorcerer/ess using solely intelligence and dominating the battlefield with a variety of spells. GUESS IT'S MONKEY TIME THOUGH. SPAM UP MY DEXTERITY. TO CAST MAGIC. SPELLS. I guess being half great and powerful wizard and half BREAKDANCING MONKEY is ok too.

/overreaction

But something like a little dot in the middle of the gem, the main predominant colour would represent the slot it fits into still and the dot in the middle would show which secondary stat is needed. Or maybe multi-attribute skill gems can be fit into both kinds of slots it represents? Would that be overpowered? I don't know, would open up some choices though I would imagine.
---
SUFFER MORTALS. As your pathetic magic BETRAAAAYS YOUUUUU
IGN: Glacierstorm
#2SyxxPakk6Posted 2/2/2013 2:03:53 AM
Ya it's lame. I really wanted to use fire trap on my DEX ranger. Oops nope INT requirement.

Atleast the requirements aren't insane. You can usually just find a amulet ring or belt etc with the stats you're lacking.

Also good example is spell totem requires str which if you wanna be a summon and totem user you'll need to buff some str. Not a major problem but ah well.

I hope later they have some epic uniques with some of the passive tree Passover built in like a now with iron grip or something. Obviously make them extremely rare but would be cool.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks
#3RavenoussdPosted 2/2/2013 2:08:33 AM
lol!

i know that feeling man
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#4Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 2/2/2013 9:10:48 AM
Just get a few Dex nodes and stop crying. It's open beta
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#5profDEADPOOLPosted 2/2/2013 9:59:47 AM
It would be nice if they had a small color somewhere to show that it requires a secondary stat. I dislike the idea of them making it so that they could go in both slots though.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, Young Avengers, and JLD
#6Phantasmplus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:32:03 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...

what

i

i can get...

DEX NODES?

THANK YOU. THANK YOU THIS SOLVES MY PROBLEM.
---
SUFFER MORTALS. As your pathetic magic BETRAAAAYS YOUUUUU
IGN: Glacierstorm
#7DignatoReRaisedPosted 2/2/2013 3:07:38 PM
phantasmplus posted...
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...

what

i

i can get...

DEX NODES?

THANK YOU. THANK YOU THIS SOLVES MY PROBLEM.

It would actually be easier to just wear some equipment that gives you a bit of dex.
---
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising
#8RizzonaterPosted 2/2/2013 3:21:45 PM
I feel like it's pretty easy to meet most of the requirements, but I wouldn't complain if every gem had a separate requirement for each stat and the requirements were simply lower for the stat they are most natural to like clarity could have a 30 int requirement or a 80 str/dex requirement at level 1
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater