POLL: best way to be survivable(life steal, evasion, armor, etc.)

#1thedarklordx3Posted 2/3/2013 2:47:13 PM
what is the best way to be survivable? - Results (114 votes)
evasion only
4.39% (5 votes)
life steal only
4.39% (5 votes)
armor only
3.51% (4 votes)
armor + life steal
42.11% (48 votes)
armor + evasion
4.39% (5 votes)
evasion + life steal
7.02% (8 votes)
all 3(as much as possible)
16.67% (19 votes)
all 3(balanced)
2.63% (3 votes)
other(post what)
14.91% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
for the purposes of this thread, assume we're talking about HC league, post(and vote) what you think is best to be survivable(I.E able to stay in the HC league) and why
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#2TimeOfTheDarkPosted 2/3/2013 2:54:55 PM
Lots of HP and HP regen tbh. You can close poll now.
#3profDEADPOOLPosted 2/3/2013 2:57:40 PM

---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, Young Avengers, and JLD
#4SilverosxPosted 2/3/2013 4:02:29 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...

This. My HP regen is 300ish and HP is 3.2k with 54% armor reduction. I take on groups of enemies with ease.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#5Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 2/3/2013 4:46:03 PM
HP regen is OP.

I got about 520 on my Templar and its makes the game a lot easier. Its like having a rejuvenation totem up 24/7. Combine that with actually having one out = you cant die
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#6thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:18:38 PM
I like how armor + life steal is winning but no one in the topic advocated for it
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#7eco masterPosted 2/4/2013 5:40:00 PM
I like how armor + life steal is winning but no one in the topic advocated for it

Allow me, then.

Evasion is a really neat statistic on paper, but what winds up happening if you build a high amount of evasion at the cost of armor, you wind up hardly getting hit, relatively speaking, but when you DO get hit, it's going to hurt a ton. No amount of health regen is going to help you. Armor simply mitigates damage, but it is largely preferred over evasion because instead of taking no damage sometimes, full damage others, you take approximately the same physical damage regularly. In short, you put your life completely in the RNG's hands if you spec full evasion late game, and that's not a risk people are comfortable taking. With armor, you have time to react to damage.

I do like using Evasion/Armor equipment. Dodging physical attacks on occasion is great, but relying exclusively on it is begging for trouble.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#8RyLeXPosted 2/5/2013 12:37:00 AM
high eshield with chaos innoculation and high crit chance + cold dmg for perma freeze
---
Knowing is half the battle, the other half is introducing some foot-to-ass
#9FluttershyPonyPosted 2/5/2013 12:45:50 AM
Evasion + hp is by far the most effective stat for surviving at higher levels(def more if you have 50% block) because it's always a static boost vs armour which is amazing vs weak hits but bad vs big hits

Boss mobs like the butcher/maps/kore can hit for up to 3k damage, to get 50% reduction for that you would need 37,000 armor rating (armour = evasion in terms of stat budget, granite potions are the exception)

37,000 evasion rating is most likely already or near the 95% dodge mark(course, you will never get 37k evasion, at most maybe 15-20k)

So assuming you have 4-5k hp(200% hp nodes, +100hp on every piece of gear endgame)

You'd get hit once for 3000 as an evasion character, then you get a guaranteed 19 attacks that would miss, you get 19 seconds to recover 3000hp.

As an armour character, you'd get hit by 1500 every single second, you need to regen that much hp or heroic leap/kite out or else you're a goner.

Life leech/etc is capped at 20% of your max hp per second, so after resistance/armor ignore, you would have to do 10,000 damage per second to life leech 1000hp per second.
#10I_I_I_IPosted 2/5/2013 1:53:26 AM
eco master posted...

Allow me, then.

Evasion is a really neat statistic on paper, but what winds up happening if you build a high amount of evasion at the cost of armor, you wind up hardly getting hit, relatively speaking, but when you DO get hit, it's going to hurt a ton. No amount of health regen is going to help you. Armor simply mitigates damage, but it is largely preferred over evasion because instead of taking no damage sometimes, full damage others, you take approximately the same physical damage regularly. In short, you put your life completely in the RNG's hands if you spec full evasion late game, and that's not a risk people are comfortable taking. With armor, you have time to react to damage.

I do like using Evasion/Armor equipment. Dodging physical attacks on occasion is great, but relying exclusively on it is begging for trouble.

Armor is very, very far from "approximately the same physical damage regularly."

Although it's still better than evasion because once every 115 hits you can die to an unlucky crit even with capped evasion/block. With an ideal armor setup and a fast flask finger you can still survive the crit that kills you. Except it depends on your skill and not on your luck.