the lag and desyncs really kill this game for me...

#1SteamedRicePosted 2/5/2013 2:51:40 PM
hasn't been a day since open beta where I can accurately attack enemies where they are at on screen most of the time. I keep getting issues such as charging monsters aren't where they are and the occasional rubberbanding or when I shield charge and the game has no idea where anything is until a few seconds later.

F1 shows a ping of around 60-100ms so it shouldn't be that bad. >_<

BUT when monsters are getting hit where they are on the screen it's pretty amazing. This is playing as a marauder with shield/1h with shield charge and ground slamming. I have 93% chance to hit but it feels like I miss 75% of the time.

Fetid pool is the WORST when you die and lose XP constantly because of those damn charging skeleton dogs and getting respawned by the boss there.
#25171522Posted 2/5/2013 2:55:53 PM
...Really? I get spikes of desync for a few minutes a couple of times a day, and that's it. The rest of the time, the difference is not noticeable.
---
Not.
#3I_I_I_IPosted 2/5/2013 3:04:50 PM
5171522 posted...
...Really? I get spikes of desync for a few minutes a couple of times a day, and that's it. The rest of the time, the difference is not noticeable.

Same

It happens on occasion, but the vast majority of the time the game runs just as I'd expect it to.
#4HydroCannabinolPosted 2/5/2013 3:12:16 PM
inb4beta
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#5dkgamerPosted 2/5/2013 4:03:23 PM
It does still have some problems during peak hours, but I have definitely seen an improvement since the open beta began. Just give them a little more time.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#6LanceFlugermanPosted 2/5/2013 4:57:24 PM
I knew that was coming after the first few days. Gameplay was smooth, no lag, then lil johnny starts spamming "oh these dcs are f n madness". Couple hours later yellow text says they're taking the servers down for a minute to fix lil johnnys stability. Now the game runs like blah.

Same thing happened with d3.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#7GensevenPosted 2/5/2013 5:24:52 PM
I play late night so can't comment on lag/desyncs. Overall the game has run smoother on my system than at open beta launch.

But I hope there're Beta testers reporting all the broken animations. Being unabe to target a monster because it happens to turn a specific direction or cast a certain ability really makes melee feel broken. You can still hit them while aoe-ing or shiftclicking, but it definately needs a fix before release.
#8ShinesmanOWPosted 2/5/2013 6:53:48 PM
Very useful command: /oos

It forces a resync with the server.
#9Nintendo guyPosted 2/5/2013 7:14:44 PM
It is pretty annoying. At some times of day it happens multiple times a minute.

It is a beta, though, and that's what a beta is for. I have no doubt it's high on their priority list and they're working as fast as they can.
#10DragethPosted 2/5/2013 7:24:17 PM
The desync issue can depend greatly on how you are playing. I don't have a link but one of the devs stated that abilities like flicker and whirling blades are causing a lot of desync issues. If you regularly use these rapid movement abilities you can easily experience a lot of desynch but if you just walk around most of the time you will be ok.
---
Honest is easy fiction's where genius lies.