Linked gem question

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Linked gem question
2 years ago#1
Hope this is straight forward:

I have a bow with two linked dexterity sockets. I have an ice shot and split shot gem. I guess I was sort of expecting to have a split ice shot skill, but that didn't happen.

How do linked gems work?
2 years ago#2
Split shot is a skill as is ice shot.

You can't support a skill with another skill.

Support ice shot with fork or lesser multiple projectiles or both.
---
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.
2 years ago#3
Those are both active gems. Linked gems are used to have Active modified by Support Gem abilities like: Faster Attack Speed, Life on Hit, Stun, etc.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
2 years ago#4
Oh, I see. I've never seen a support gem drop/quest reward so I didn't even know they existed.

clvl14
2 years ago#5
There's text beneath each support gem saying "This is a support gem", or something like that.

But otherwise, yes, you're right. If you have a G-G-G link, for example, and you use Lightning Arrow + LMP + Mana Leech, you're going to have a Lightning Arrow that splits further while leeching mana back on hit.
---
GameFAQs, where opinions get moderated as "Flaming" just because some moderator felt hurt by it.
2 years ago#6
You will be rewarded you frst support gem as soon as you enter Merveil's cave from the Cove area.

Use the waypoint back to town and talk to the girl.
---
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Linked gem question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived