ranger needs more options

#1Rydis-ShikoPosted 2/12/2013 7:05:47 AM
Duelist can go duel wield.. evasion block..2h or str or Dex build.. elemental or physical.. same with other melee classes..ci builds or so on.

Ranger is very limited.. got a bow with 2 options.. split arrow for physical or gmp/LMP with a elemental arrow build. Basically only 2 real options. You can go into shadow tree.. but then your just a gimp shadow. Maybe its just not enough skill variety or idk..but they lack the greater customization given to mages and melee
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#2thebestestbestPosted 2/12/2013 7:08:33 AM
You think melee has options?
#3EnjoyMePosted 2/12/2013 7:23:26 AM
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Duelist can go duel wield.. evasion block..2h or str or Dex build.. elemental or physical.. same with other melee classes..ci builds or so on.

Ranger is very limited.. got a bow with 2 options.. split arrow for physical or gmp/LMP with a elemental arrow build. Basically only 2 real options. You can go into shadow tree.. but then your just a gimp shadow. Maybe its just not enough skill variety or idk..but they lack the greater customization given to mages and melee

1. Duelist blows.
2. Everyone else that uses a bow has the same options as Ranger. You also forgot Frenzy, Poison Arrow (don't use LMP), and Rain of Arrows.
3. Ranger can do a CI build. Or Blood Magic. Or just a standard life + mana. You're right in that a Shadow could probably do CI better, but then why play anything other than a Templar/Marauder since they do everything well?
4. The only thing Ranger can't do that well is casting, and probably 2H. They do make the best physical bow users and their dual wield is competitive with Shadow.
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*
#4Rydis-Shiko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 7:35:55 AM
EnjoyMe posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

1. Duelist blows.
2. Everyone else that uses a bow has the same options as Ranger. You also forgot Frenzy, Poison Arrow (don't use LMP), and Rain of Arrows.
3. Ranger can do a CI build. Or Blood Magic. Or just a standard life + mana. You're right in that a Shadow could probably do CI better, but then why play anything other than a Templar/Marauder since they do everything well?
4. The only thing Ranger can't do that well is casting, and probably 2H. They do make the best physical bow users and their dual wield is competitive with Shadow.

I used duelist because was first in mind was all..change to Mara or Templar.
I didn't forget frenzy.. because everyone will use and then switch to their standard attacks afterwards.. just refreshing every 12 seconds.

Why wouldn't you use multiple projectiles on poison? Its basically the same build as lightning arrow. Multiple projectiles and increases aoe.

And your right.. I should say bow builds and not ranger. I'm just trying find new build to make in hc and they all just feel way to similar with same supports..mostly same passives..different bow types that don't coffee much compared to different melee types. Feels so limited
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
#5King MentholPosted 2/12/2013 7:43:25 AM(edited)
Use some imagination.

I have a 2 handed melee ranger with 10k armor, 80% all res, lightning strike/shock/stun build. All classes can be very versatile and have many options.

But if you want to go HC bow build and I would go with full DPS blood magic, Lightning arrow variant.
---
hmm...that minty fresh taste...
#6Rydis-Shiko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:06:24 AM
King Menthol posted...
Use some imagination.

I have a 2 handed melee ranger with 10k armor, 80% all res, lightning strike/shock/stun build. All classes can be very versatile and have many options.

But if you want to go HC bow build and I would go with full DPS blood magic, Lightning arrow variant.

You can..but other classes do that better. Why make it a ranger. Ranger has all the good bow skills near.. so naturally will choose that. As other guy said..class was bad choice as there are no actual classes..just different starting position.

So gripe I guess is limited ranged weapon builds
---
#7Nintendo guyPosted 2/12/2013 9:11:15 AM
You know, the game is a beta, and they've said they have a ton more gems planned. Give it some time.
#8Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 2/12/2013 9:36:59 AM
Seems like the innate bow-wielder always gets the shaft when it comes to survivability.
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#9Rydis-Shiko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:39:26 AM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Seems like the innate bow-wielder always gets the shaft when it comes to survivability.

Has nothing do with survivability.
---
#10Rydis-Shiko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:57:39 AM
I'm talking melee can do:

Duel wield high dps, duel wield block and evasion, sword shield tank man or 2h berserker man, duel mace perma stun or duel sword/axe high crit, righteous fire build or couple ci builds, elemental damage build or physical. Those are just a few..each one requiring very different builds, support gems , play styles. The different weapons actually matter. Like said..this is just very few.

Range build has very very few builds.. most requiring the same support gems you use in the others..the different bow types aren't drastically different or makea difference. YOur active skill gems change..but that's about it..and doesn't change play style much.

I just dislike lack of options for range weapons builds compared to melee..and would like to see more
---