Personal Opinions on a SummonWitch secondary

#1TheMouseMasterPosted 3/14/2013 5:52:16 AM
Ok, so the "obvious" portion of my points as a summoning-witch would be the various nodes that increase minion life, damage, and # of summons.

However, that leaves me standing behind them doing... what?

For everyone who plays a summoning witch, what do you prefer to do with yourself and your skill points once all of the summon nodes have been hit (which is somewhere in the 60-point region).

Dual totem and Curses?

Wand spec?

"moonlight" in one of the 3 elements for extra damage (and if so, which one?)

Spec towards an "Auramancer" to maximize my Summons?

Or... something else?
---
TheMouseMaster, you are my hero. That post wins you a whole 17 1/2 internets.
--- Flakhawk
#2MirageVXPosted 3/14/2013 9:41:41 AM(edited)
I went with Arc w/ chain + Conductivity, get plenty of crit chance nodes and some crit multiplier ones, with that and the minion nodes, I can do something in the event that all my summons die, or just progress faster in general since I crit and apply shock a lot.
For auras I went wrath, purity and anger. Purity is mainly for myself, wrath and anger for my minions, and obvious clarity.
(Conductivity is awesome in the sense that my arc deals more dmg and my minions deals more as well since they're affected by my wrath aura, anger is just extra, you can also add lightning penetration, that way every mob in game have generally 0 lightning res)

Edit: Don't depend too much on your minions, from my experience, my main source of damage is from Minion Instability, but with my auras and conductivity, they can deal a decent amount of dmg if they get a hit or two off.
Get skeletons on a spell totem, they'll be your meat shield, swarm tactic or for distraction
---
I5 2500K | GIGABYTE Z68MA | 8GB PATRIOT | 1TB WD C.BLACK | EVGA GTX570HD | HAF 932 | OCZ PSU 700W | LG 22" @ 1920X1080 | WIN7 64BIT
#3QCF_HPPosted 3/14/2013 12:52:11 PM
I use lmp fireball with faster casting, just to keep me from getting bored though. It doesn't do much damage.
---
PSN ~ Soiarfall
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JahIthBer-1171/hero/1026961
#4Edavy89Posted 3/14/2013 12:54:29 PM
I was thinking of going dual totem myself on my witch, but with totems all working around strength it seems like a pretty large number of wasted points boosting up my strength to use the totems.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#5Last_matterPosted 3/14/2013 12:55:47 PM
At first I planned to use skele totem, mass aura and curse but after some testing manually casting skele with arc totem seems to be the most efficient for my build and it makes the gameplay more active.
---
That was a fail, an epic fail.. - Guy Cecil
#6Edavy89Posted 3/14/2013 1:25:09 PM
have you just been pumping up your strength a bit on your witch to use the totems? or are you doing the build with a templar?
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#7ProczPosted 3/14/2013 9:50:55 PM
Edavy89 posted...
have you just been pumping up your strength a bit on your witch to use the totems? or are you doing the build with a templar?

Spell totem is a str/int support...it only requires 69 str at max level. You can get that easily, considering you already pick up some strength on the way to the dual totem keystone.
---
Go to work, get married, have kids, pay taxes, pay bills, watch TV, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law, and repeat after me...I am 'free.'
#8TheMouseMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 11:17:56 AM
Sounds like not a lot of people (or at least, not a lot of GFaqs users) user either Wand or an "Auramancer" approach then ;p.

Though with the "major" shock node so close to Minion Instability, I can see where Lightning sources are such a popular choice.
---
TheMouseMaster, you are my hero. That post wins you a whole 17 1/2 internets.
--- Flakhawk
#9Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 3/15/2013 3:05:09 PM
I've heard Dual Totems as a support for summons is great.
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#10what_is_my_namePosted 3/15/2013 5:13:31 PM
I actually main wand and secondary summon on my witch.

Running 7 auras doing 6k dps while having 10 things tank for you is great.
---
Playing Path of Exile.