Why no fire witch builds?

#1MoblobPosted 4/10/2013 5:22:11 AM
All I'm seeing is mostly ice builds. I haven't picked any special one element, I'm just getting crits and mana and spell damage. I like the ice spells but I really like fire storm.
#2Moblob(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 5:27:49 AM
And will a witch build work without picking a specific element?
#3VooDismPosted 4/10/2013 6:57:21 AM
Anything and everything works if you are smart about it.

Don't mind the sheeple.
#4QCF_HPPosted 4/10/2013 7:54:49 AM
Fire damage is pretty underwhelming, especially when comparing the ignite status effect to freezing or shock stacking.

Not to say it's impossible to make a decent fire caster build, it just doesn't really have as much potential.
---
PSN ~ Soiarfall
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JahIthBer-1171/hero/1026961
#5VooDismPosted 4/10/2013 8:14:08 AM
QCF_HP posted...
Fire damage is pretty underwhelming, especially when comparing the ignite status effect to freezing or shock stacking.

Not to say it's impossible to make a decent fire caster build, it just doesn't really have as much potential.

What do you mean doesn't have potental?

Friend of mine uses a pure fire/caster build and melts everything in seconds even on high lvl maps.

Looked like alot of fun.
#6Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 4/10/2013 9:28:42 AM
Its general consensus that at endgame, Fire damage is a little weaker than Ice and Lightning mainly because Fire can't stack and Burning effect is a little weak compared to Chaos DoT damage.

With that being said, there are still a bunch of Fire builds. There's one that uses Righteous Fire + Maxed Fire Res + certain Shield, etc.

Also, there's a new Fire totem skill coming out later this week that creates a fire between you and the totem which is amazing for my Witch in the making.

She's going to be a Double Curse Dual Totem CI Summoner. Originally had planned that one totem would be Incinerate + LMP + X and the other totem to be Firestorm + Faster Cast + Conc Effect. However, my new plan is to have two of those new Fire totems coming out while my minions beat the s*** out of enemies/taking aggro.
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#7scph9002sterPosted 4/10/2013 3:23:54 PM(edited)
I'd say having a elemental proliferation in your fireball link would make it more then viable.

The sickest build I've seen was a lowlife duo totem build stacking MORE dmg multipliers from keystones and righteous fire and specced for duo totem.

He used 1 4linked arc totem to dps a little but mostly to shock stack and spread shock stacks with ele prolif, his second totem was a fire ball with ele prolif and when that fireball crits on a shockstacked mob it crits for 120% more dmg and is spread to surrounding mobs that also are shock stacked which increases burn dmg by another 120% more dmg.

So you basically get 120% more burn dmg that is multiplicated with another 120% dmg when it spreads....
---
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd
#8Moblob(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:59:01 PM
Well i'm currently concentrating on crits, crit multiplier, spell damage, and mana. At what point do i have to pick a element to specialize?
#9Moblob(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 11:24:55 PM
I did the practice tree and can map a bunch of crit chance % and crit multiplier. Is there a point where the added crits don't help or just no one has tried all crits and no elemental specialty
#10NairbMalkPosted 4/13/2013 12:31:15 AM
Im trying to make a Necro (lots of summons and curses...think D2 necro)...is that possible?

I was looking at the skill tree and only saw 1 little bubble for summons and everything was for an element so i dont know if i can make one?
---
Game Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/Nairb_Malk