Impressions of this game from an Old skool veteran

#41Mad_Cow46Posted 8/9/2013 11:52:15 PM
Al Gore can never be president. I don't want to drive a Prius.
---
http://cutepics.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cute_white_mink.jpg
I spell stuff wrong on porpoise. REASSURANCE
#42MarikhenPosted 8/10/2013 12:08:53 AM
But the 2013 Prius C actually gets something like 58 MPG highway and closer to 65 MPG city. How could you not want to drive one? Unless it was powder blue of course.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#43MegidolaonPosted 8/12/2013 5:12:24 AM
ShimmerMan posted...
Don't confuse yourself into thinking Diablo was all hack n Slash. Diablo 1 required many zoning techniques in the earlier game, such as jamming groups of monsters in-between doors so that you could tackle each enemy individually instead being hoarded. In this game I just spam one button and that's all, literally just running around spamming Q and I pwn.

That doesn't even make sense.
Starting with the 2nd area enemies could open doors in Diablo 1. Hell didn't even have doors.

This game at least has small rooms / narrow passages like D1 which allow you to divide and conquer, unlike D2.
---
Setebos, Setebos, and Setebos! 'Thinketh, He dwelleth i' the cold o' the moon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
#44Mad_Cow46Posted 8/12/2013 7:54:28 AM(edited)
Marikhen posted...
But the 2013 Prius C actually gets something like 58 MPG highway and closer to 65 MPG city. How could you not want to drive one? Unless it was powder blue of course.

Diesel Jettas and BMWS can get some bad ass gas mileage too though.
---
http://cutepics.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cute_white_mink.jpg
I spell stuff wrong on porpoise. REASSURANCE
#45MarikhenPosted 8/12/2013 12:18:27 PM
Megidolaon posted...
ShimmerMan posted...
Don't confuse yourself into thinking Diablo was all hack n Slash. Diablo 1 required many zoning techniques in the earlier game, such as jamming groups of monsters in-between doors so that you could tackle each enemy individually instead being hoarded. In this game I just spam one button and that's all, literally just running around spamming Q and I pwn.

That doesn't even make sense.
Starting with the 2nd area enemies could open doors in Diablo 1. Hell didn't even have doors.

This game at least has small rooms / narrow passages like D1 which allow you to divide and conquer, unlike D2.

I thought he was referring more to you parking in the doorway, but even that had flaws because if you parked on one side next to a door they could still shift diagonally past you to surround you. If you parked in the doorway itself you'd still face 3:1 melee odds.

Mad_Cow46 posted...
Marikhen posted...

Diesel Jettas and BMWS can get some bad ass gas mileage too though.

Yeah, but diesel costs more at the moment, at least in my area, and as a result your diesel engines would have to get something like 60 MPG or better under their worst conditions and 78 MPG or better under their best in order to compete with the 2013 Prius C. :-D
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.