is this game worth playing?

#1ffxblak12Posted 8/20/2013 1:32:06 PM
or is it just a medicore dying game?
#2Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 8/20/2013 1:39:16 PM
Yes, its worth playing. As for medicore dying game, your best bet would be to ask this board

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#3KawufixPosted 8/20/2013 3:24:07 PM
this game will probably be around for awhile, though it'll probably never be that popular due to being a bit unfriendly to new/casual players (see the passive tree). i don't see it dying too soon, especially with the big content patch that's coming in october with the full release.

definitely worth playing though
---
or you can do a wall run and run on the wall whilst shooting your enemy into the dark and deep beyond.
#4XtraTPosted 8/21/2013 4:12:38 AM
Since this is just another d2 clone, it's bound to die. I mean just look at this forum, 70% of the active posts are made by the bot troll called Ryan
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5ARPG_MasterPosted 8/21/2013 9:17:29 AM
Mediocre?

I'm feeling generous today so, yes, let's say that this game is mediocre.

Dying?

It would've had to been truly alive at some point in order for it to be dying. What's the highest number of people that were playing this game at any given point? 40k?

It's free so check it out if you want TC but don't expect anything amazing from it. You get what you pay for.
#6rockman11_zPosted 8/21/2013 12:16:03 PM
XtraT posted...
Since this is just another d2 clone, it's bound to die. I mean just look at this forum, 70% of the active posts are made by the bot troll called Ryan

Haha, post of the day.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiance of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#7llaW_EnotsPosted 8/23/2013 5:34:51 AM
The official forum is flooded with posts. The only place that's dying is GameFAQs.
#8IchabodCraniumPosted 8/23/2013 12:50:29 PM
llaW_Enots posted...
The official forum is flooded with posts. The only place that's dying is GameFAQs.

LOL, true, unfortunately. Going by this site, almost any given game is dying.
---
MMOs: Games that take the world's most socially inept people and expect them to cooperate.
#9IchabodCraniumPosted 8/23/2013 12:57:08 PM
On topic, I don't know how many people play, but those that do are quite active. I see a fair number of open beta supporters in game and the official forums are busy. Small? Probably. Dying? No.

Worth playing? Depends on your taste. This game is a lot more like D2 than D3. I'd call it the spiritual successor. Graphics aren't as flashy (I actually prefer the gritty look) and gameplay not as fast, but the itemization is better and the character customization much, much deeper.
---
MMOs: Games that take the world's most socially inept people and expect them to cooperate.
#10ARPG_MasterPosted 8/23/2013 2:23:48 PM
IchabodCranium posted...
Graphics aren't as flashy (I actually prefer the s****y look) and gameplay not as fast, but the itemization is better and the character customization gives the illusion that it is much, much deeper.

FTFY