What level rares (yellow) gears, should you stop vendoring them at?

#1xtacbPosted 11/5/2013 1:29:54 PM
for example, you start getting yellow gear that is level 50 required, should you keep these and try to trade to players or upgrade? or just vendor them?

or should you stop vendoring yellows at level 60, or whatever?
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#2ShinesmanOWPosted 11/5/2013 2:05:54 PM
Good white is better than bad yellow, because alchemy orbs are cheaper than chaos orbs.

High level (>60) bad rares can be used in some vendor recipes to make orbs, but are generally not for rerolling unless they have some specific potential.
#3One_WingedFreakPosted 11/5/2013 2:06:56 PM
yellow at 60-74 but only to vendor them in full sets for chaos, pls dont be one of those guys who try to sell every decent yellow they find by spamming the trade chat
#4xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 2:28:39 PM
so keep all the white gear that have 6 slots or whatnot right?

also isnt it really rare to get yellow (rare) rings?

i have a crap ton of yellows of other stuff, weapons, boots, etc, but rarely do i find yellow rings/amulets (and i think you need these for the chaos orb recipe right)
---
#5Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 11/5/2013 3:39:32 PM
As you progress into endgame, there are various vendor recipes you should learn that will be very efficient for you in terms of itemsinks.

Example 1
---------------
Three crappy rare Two-Stone (any combination) rings in vendor = rare unidentified Prismatic Ring

Example 2
----------------
crappy rare Strength amulet (Amber Amulet)....or Lapis or Jade Amulet
+
crappy rare Intelligence amulet (Lapis Amulet)....or Amber or Jade Amulet (just need 2 different ones)
+
Transmutation Orb
=
rare unidentified two-stat amulet

Example 3
---------------
5 crappy same-base name rare items in vendor = 1 unidentified same-base name rare
(ex. 5 crappy rare Karui Choppers in vendor = 1 rare unidentified Karui Chopper)
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#6RaverbasherPosted 11/6/2013 10:20:24 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
As you progress into endgame, there are various vendor recipes you should learn that will be very efficient for you in terms of itemsinks.

Example 1
---------------
Three crappy rare Two-Stone (any combination) rings in vendor = rare unidentified Prismatic Ring

Example 2
----------------
crappy rare Strength amulet (Amber Amulet)....or Lapis or Jade Amulet
+
crappy rare Intelligence amulet (Lapis Amulet)....or Amber or Jade Amulet (just need 2 different ones)
+
Transmutation Orb
=
rare unidentified two-stat amulet

Example 3
---------------
5 crappy same-base name rare items in vendor = 1 unidentified same-base name rare
(ex. 5 crappy rare Karui Choppers in vendor = 1 rare unidentified Karui Chopper)

Thanks for that good to know.
---
Our greatest glory is not in never trolling, but in rising every time we troll - Confucius
#7xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 10:35:21 PM
so the trade in 5 rares of the same type for a new unidentified of that type

does that mean 5 1 handed swords of any name? or have to be 5 of the exact same name rare? cause that would be hard to find...

and is it even worth it? trade 5 rares worth of vendor materials for 1 rare that could be just as bad as one of those?
---
#8Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 11/6/2013 11:00:08 PM
No, all 5 have to be the same exact base name. Its not that hard to find, really.. Just keep farming. Even easier with jewelry since the name pool is so much smaller.

Yes, it's worth it. Heck even if you had 4 of the same rares, you could use a white item of the same name, spend 1 alch, see if the item is good or not, if its bad, complete the set of 5, put it in the vendor and you have a rare unID.... which is as if you used an alch. So you break even.

It is very possible to get a good item from these recipes. I've done it a few times before and even in Kripp's latest YouTube video demonstrating it, he gets a pretty good amulet while he's doing it live. It really doesn't hurt to use these recipes to your advantage. They're efficient and they're an itemsink. What else would you have gotten for those rares? 12 alt shards?

Keep in mind the rolls are based on the lowest itemlevel one out of the 5.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193