Do minion passive skills work with [ Animate Guardian ] ?

#1silent_viperPosted 12/20/2013 12:34:10 AM
If I would go for Animate Guardian skill, will it gets benefits from minion passive skills ? (zombies is too ugly for me to use)

Also, do the guardians have life duration like summon skeleton? or stay with me until they die like zombies.
I love to summon only 1-2 minions and don't want them to have time limit, so I think Animate Guardian suit me most (I never use Raise Spectre though).

Just another question: Can I Raise a Guardian and a Totem at the same time? I'm dreaming to use a melee weapon with these two helpers.
---
animal crossing 5086-1849-1200, pm when u add me~
#2wolfy42Posted 12/20/2013 12:49:19 AM
Yes, animate guardian gets all the same bonuses from passives (other then zombie specific ones like +1 zombie summoned, or eq specific ones to zombies).

They have fixed life and last forever, until killed. They added in a way to heal them I believe, by sacing another item (think it's supposed to heal like 20% of their max life or something).

Thing is, it's usually not worth speccing for just 1 animate guardian, at least it wasn't ever when I played. You can actually use magical items to create it though, and with vitality, flasks that also heal minions etc...you can keep your animated guardian alive pretty well....but honestly....and I really really tried, I never found them to be worth the effort.

And yes, totems are seperate, you can have 1 totem base, and only totems count as.....totems lol.

1 animated guardian max.

Number of skellies/zombies and spectres depend on eq and nodes a ton.

Zombies can get quite decent later on though, especially if you get a few auras going to boost them a bunch as well.

I consider animate guardian....something to use if you are not going to spec in summons at all, and have some extra slots...but even then....It rarely if ever is going to be worth the time setting one up. At least that was my experience. In fact, animate weapon is actually slightly better in some ways since with duration it can last quite along time...and unlike other summons it can't be killed (least I never saw mine get killed). That means it's free damage in a way. Still....probably not worth specializing in though, but at least has a bit more potential usefulness then animage guardian probably.
---
No duckies, just drowning.
#3sfangwbPosted 12/20/2013 12:57:35 AM
Animated weapons can definitely be killed. They are pretty much free damage, though, still, and there's no limit to how many you can have.

I like to animate like 12 weapons then run around while whistling the music from Phantasia.
#4silent_viper(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 1:16:06 AM
wolfy42
Thanks for the detailed answer in both thread! I love your suggestion about long range/aoe melee.

sfangwb >>> animate weapons kinda suck for me, its duration is too short too much micro.
---
animal crossing 5086-1849-1200, pm when u add me~
#5sfangwbPosted 12/20/2013 1:19:15 AM
Yeah, it's not an amazingly practical skill as-is. Just kinda fun to screw around with though.
#6vlado_ePosted 12/20/2013 5:33:41 AM
I've got half a dozen of the bloody Animate Guardian gems. They drop like flies here. And it's so annoying since I'm sorting my gems in alphabetical order in the stash - each time I get another Animate Guardian I have to move every other gem.

/rant

But yeah - as was mentioned, they are considered minions. When in doubt to how a skill interracts with certain passives and/or uniques, just look at the keywords of the skill (just under its name). For Animate Guardian, these are "Minion" and "Spell", this anything that applies to any of these would apply to the skill - that is minion boosts, +X to minion gems, cast speed, etc. Though, I'm fairly sure "spell damage" boosts don't, as they are for spells which deal direct damage - this only lets you summon stuff.
---
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
#7Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 12/20/2013 8:12:16 AM
Usually its Zombies/Skeletons/Spectres for a regular Summoner.

Animate Weapons are just for added fluff. Animate Guardian can be good with Minion passives + Rare armors. Same thing with Animation Weapon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#8spfurm01Posted 12/20/2013 3:13:16 PM
Animated guardians should be able to cast skills that are linked in the armor they're created from, that would be super cool
---
Currently playing: Dragon's Crown (Vita)