Goblin Mech boss help

#1ssjfozzPosted 5/10/2012 4:23:30 PM
I'm still somewhat new to this game.. I'm using a lv20 Apprentice, playing on Normal and i'm in the Throne Room, got through all the waves of enemies quite easily using advice from this guide.

http://www.xblafans.com/dungeon-defenders-throne-room-level-8-guide-28817.html

But when the Mech came he just wiped out my towers and chased me down, allowing hordes of enemies to get my crystals. I barely damaged him. He pushed through and destroyed 3 magic blockade, 3 fireball towers and 1 Deadly Striker tower (all upgraded once except the blockades). Also had an upgraded lightning tower on a wall next to this area too.

All of my other class characters are lv5 or lower, only been using the Apprentice this whole time. I know I could lower the difficulty but that doesn't sound fun. I really also want to just use my Apprentice since it simplifies things and i'm not very familiar with how to use the other classes.
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg
#2TUSMEnterprisesPosted 5/10/2012 4:40:24 PM
You have to keep him busy. If you stay near him, constantly attacking, he'll target you instead of your towers. If you have a god enough built, you should be able to leave your tower setups alone and focus solely on the boss. Try and get behind him, as that's his weak spot, the hatch on his back.
---
The engine belongs in the back.
Official Dodge Viper of the GT5 Boards.
#3xenmindPosted 5/10/2012 5:11:51 PM
I'll help you tc. I need to beat that level in pure strat for my trophy. Feel free to add me. I'm online right now but watching saving private Ryan. Tanks are about to roll into the bombed out town so it's almost over
---
PSN: ZenMind, Gaming since 85.
#4nbjjagoPosted 5/10/2012 7:21:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Metal_JawsPosted 5/11/2012 12:59:14 AM
Dont hide nehind your towers. Once you aggro the boss, he will go to where you go if he can reach it. Run circles around him and keep firing. If you are not doing enough damage, you are not a strong enough DPS charcater. Equip a leveld up elem weapon or build a char sololy for DPS and give him all your est DPS gear and pets. And if all else fails, play old levels (even on higher difficulties) to level up your guys and get your stats up.

Make a squire and build towers with him, and support those towers with monk auras. Makes a world of difference. I love the apprentice, but he is very weak comparred to the other classes.
---
Reality is a Prison - Sucker Punch
#6ssjfozz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 9:45:18 AM
I'll have to try taking him on 1 on 1. Completely forgot that Bosses don't come after your crystal, they focus on you. So hopefully staying away from my defenses should keep them alive and blasting the hordes that come at them. Can probably get some long range help from my Striker Towers too, i know they did tons of damage against the flying boss in the lab.
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg