Contact ninja theory and make them know how you feel

#1thoughtspeakPosted 9/15/2010 2:55:16 PM

I like you all, hate what has been done to Dante. I found the email address for ninja theory and sent them this email

Ok. Where do I start? I have no idea what the HELL you were smoking when you decided to create that THING and call it Dante. But rather than rehash the obvious vitriol you must already 
Be hearing and reading, I'd like to give you my take on the whole situation.

Characterisation aside, I can see this to be a pretty awful addition to one of the best, if the best action series of the past 2 generations. From the trailer alone, I can tell that none of your staff has even played a devil may cry game at length never mind did any research into the series. 

First of all, Dante is not alex mercer. He should not have the weapons and abilties from prototype. I don't care if that is your take on the sparda, it's wrong and quite frankly awful. It's not a good idea to give him that strength boost either.

The guns he welds (your bastard version) are slow and crap. This series prides itself at the fast, frantic pace of combat. Nothing I saw in your trailer suggests this is going to continue. Once again you are trying to take away from the core ethos of the character. 

This is not saw. There is no viable reason you can present why Dante would find himself in the middle of jigsaws puzzles.

I also see that you are going to ignore one of the tenets of DMC - namely jump cancelling. This is another things that kept the hardcore coming back for more in the original games and your about to throw it out in the trash just because you want to be more "western".

This is what you are throwing away

Id like to point out at this point that nobody has ever considered to make a combo video for  heavenly sword much less organised a full blown skill tournament. I suggest you look up "true style tournament" 1-4 on YouTube 

Dante is not British, **** you. That's coming from a born and bread UK citizen. I don't care if your a Cambridge based studio. Take that transporting-esque union Jack of the poor mans coat.

Has even occurred to you that round about the same time this game is realised, cap com are going to release Marvel vs capcom 3, with Dante at this point being one of the more popular characters? Can you imagine the legions of new fans he is going to get, who want to see what his own games are about only to be met with your sub-par version? Where you simply not aware or do you think fans will be too stupid to notice? 

Finally, I would like to point something out to you. Teenagers are not dumb and they know when something is being aggressively marketed towards them. I don't care how many times you watch twilight or Justin bieber videos, you will not be able market it this game in a way that people who are into that crap, like this game. They will be as ambivalent to this  as they are to every other example of marketing hackery thrown at them. All you have done is alienate the hardcore fans who made the previous iteration of this series sell 2 million plus copies.

I could continue, but I think I have got my point across. Although there is simply nothing I can do  to stop you from putting out this failed abortion of a game, I can guarantee it is going to be a failure in it's current state. Quite frankly, I'd prefer it if you canceled it in it's entirety  and let Dante die a graceful death if capcom are not willing to do the franchise justice, but at the very least, I'd strongly suggest you go back to the drawing board. I doubt you will but there is no way this rubbish will be seeing my hard-earned cash. Maybe when your pockets have been affected, you will be more interested in listening to the community you so happily have alienated and discarded.

I've tried to be polite as I can and I hope this email gets read by the relevant people, but I'm not expecting anything to come of it. It is my total love for the series (before today I have never gotten angry over a simple video game) that prompted me to write this letter and I hope it can be received in good faith, no matter how damning the criticism.

The email address is info@ninjatheory.com

If enough of us express our disgust, maybe Something can be done about it

#2thoughtspeak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2010 2:57:10 PM

I also put some true style YouTube videos in the email, but I took it out the post because it was going on weird

#3C0rupted_MindzPosted 9/15/2010 3:00:08 PM
Well said.
---
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the great men who have died in war. Rather we should thank God that such men ever lived.
#4C0rupted_MindzPosted 9/15/2010 3:04:20 PM
I sent them an email so hopefully it gets out.
---
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the great men who have died in war. Rather we should thank God that such men ever lived.
#5Tekkaman_SabrePosted 9/15/2010 3:05:48 PM
Wow....clearly your abusive email will make them rethink, and completely change the game. Emails like that scream 'uber fan boy' of the type that send death threats to Michael Bay for changing the transformations and looks of some of the transformers in the new Transformer movies.

For the record, I've played all the DMC games fully and was just discussing yesterday how amazing the first Nelo Angelo fight was in the first game...but abusive emails like that, well wow. Way to go in feeding the people who think games make people angry and potentially overly aggresive.
---
"Will you be eating that cake?...say what you want, but I will be taking the cake." ~ PSN: Deathfire
#6thoughtspeak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2010 3:08:42 PM
For some reason I cant see anyones repiles...what's going on?
#7ennzojessePosted 9/15/2010 3:10:56 PM
i agree most of the time, the message will come across much better if youre respectful and well mannered... HOWEVER.. if 20,000+ complain about this by any means, its a power house that cant be ignored
#8thoughtspeak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2010 3:12:21 PM
Trust me rude boy, that is me being polite. I don't give a stuff about video games normally, I have much better things to do with my time.

But DMC is the reason i'm playing games now after giving up on them for years. I do expect anything but at least a decent explanation why they thought it was such a good idea to **** up such a brilliant franchise to appease some emo f@g twilight lovers.
#9BerserkNinjaPosted 9/15/2010 3:14:16 PM
Awesome email man, but yeah they will probably just delete it when they get it.
#10Tekkaman_SabrePosted 9/15/2010 3:18:24 PM
Remind me what does DMC have to do with vampires, werewolves with heaps of cheesy romance again...?

The email comes across as childish and rather pathetic to be honest, it is not reasonable and is not you 'trying' to be polite. How about, wait until you know more info about the game before kicking off?

---
"Will you be eating that cake?...say what you want, but I will be taking the cake." ~ PSN: Deathfire