Contact ninja theory and make them know how you feel

#51Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 10:26:46 AM
Really? The action in the trailer was very slow paced and lacking in the kind of flair DMC is known for. While throwing a truck over your head is fast paced, it's not what is expected of Devil May Cry.

Uh...the action and flair was absolutely there. The only thing that felt a bit off was the beginning when he was shooting, but it wasn't that bad. And getting into the melee was totally Devil May Cry. Also, are you saying that using the environment as a weapon isn't Devil May Cry?

The gothic architecture one expects from the series is nowhere to be found.

What? Okay, you're letting fanboyism and RAGE blind you now. The architecture was more gothic than DMC3 and 4.

The music is like nothing I've ever heard from a Devil May Cry game either.

And? It's not a bad thing. It's not like the music between the four games is exactly interchangeable anyway.

If the character didn't say he was Dante, and the DMC didn't appear, there would be no way to know that it was from the same series.

It screamed DMC to me. And my brother who I showed it to and intentionally paused before Dante even said his name.

---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#52UncleWeskerPosted 9/16/2010 10:32:10 AM

Also, are you saying that using the environment as a weapon isn't Devil May Cry?

No. I'm saying that the way he does it isn't.

DMC3: Dante shoots billiard balls, sending them flying around the room, causing utter chaos as they slam into the enemies.

DmC: He throws a truck at them. It crushes them.
---
Everyone loves Yahtzee until he reviews their game. ~ TheRunner PD
SSFC: 1033 3561 1644
#53UncleWeskerPosted 9/16/2010 10:32:56 AM

What? Okay, you're letting fanboyism and RAGE blind you now. The architecture was more gothic than DMC3 and 4.

I think you'd need to be crazy to think this.
---
Everyone loves Yahtzee until he reviews their game. ~ TheRunner PD
SSFC: 1033 3561 1644
#54thoughtspeak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2010 10:34:11 AM
LOL!! Weapons and abilities from Prototype!? Simply because his weapon seems to have changed it's shape a few times? And also replicated the whipfist from protoype, even with 3 pronged spike at the end, hense the reference. Because Dante's never had shapeshifting weapons, the sparda doesn't shapshift, it extends. before...oh...wait...and what strength boost? Him throwing a car at his enemies? No him perfectly emulating this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oos6GQcJhsg&feature=related

You think the old Dante couldn't have thrown a car? he didnt need too. LOL! Trish hurled a motorcycle at him!
which he shot away rather than grabbed or hit away. Did you even play DMC4, or did you completely miss him one-inch-punch one of those huge ass demon gates and reduce it to rubble!? with a weapon that equipped that was basically rocket powered

Yes, let's judge how the combat is gonna be by going off of a few seconds worth of cutscenes with his guns. They certainly weren't slow or crap. the trailer ran at 30 frames per second. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHV9O2QBIJg watch that again and tell me the action wasnt slow. They were still very much E&I. And even after that bit, the melee portions of the trailer were very fast and frantic .you even raging about this for?
yeah, like this huh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CjXww5Cdu8 sure........./sarcasm. You don't even know the story behind the game, or why he was in the situation he was in. Fail more. Nor do I care. Its simply not in context of the series, or even the damn trailer for that matter. .

How the hell can you "see that" without looking at any gameplay!? Were there ANY cutcenes in the past DMC games that displayed jump cancelling? Grow up. the above trailer suggests it. This one does not.

Wearing clothes with a foreign country's flag on it automatically means you're from there, right? No. Thats not what I said. Step up your reading comphrension.

Dude, most of that email was fanboy drivel. And? I would be embarrassed that I put that in the public if I were you.It makes you look sad. well we will just agree to differ
#55Stink_NastyPosted 9/16/2010 11:05:24 AM
Honestly your email as complete rubbish. It just saying "Hey! I'm a DMC fan, and because Dante doesn't look the same that must mean everything DMC also changed to!"

Sorry there is no way in knowing if the fighting pace is slow or not. It's a cinematic teaser trailer. You're a film maker aren't you? That trailer was clearly cinematic, depicting the character and possibly the struggles he went through. It was to pique our interest on the subject matter.

Fact: You can not tell about the gameply from the trailer, in no way does Dante jup cancel in any of his trailers from other games, or even cutscenes.

You saying the guns were shooting slower was dumb, one there was less enemies then he usually encounters. You can also tell that by the trailer he was handling them non chalantly (like the O. Dante) and tried to exude an air of " I dont give a ****".

The style is defnitely gothic, as you seem laying down at the end smoking and a HUGE EFFING CATHEDRAL/CASTLE thing in the background. Even more gothic were the enemies.

THE ONLYTHING you are complaining about is his desgin.

sorry

story> design
gameplay> design.

This game looks like it has an actual story, I like that about it. Do I like how the character looks? No, but it was a bold move and I'm sure he will be badass.

No, I dont want to play another DMC game with the old Dante in it just because you "fans" don't like how this one looks. His story ended (not much of a story anyway) leave it at that.
---
PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#56thoughtspeak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2010 11:23:47 AM
Stink_Nasty posted...
Honestly your email as complete rubbish. It just saying "Hey! I'm a DMC fan, and because Dante doesn't look the same that must mean everything DMC also changed to!"

Sorry there is no way in knowing if the fighting pace is slow or not. It's a cinematic teaser trailer. You're a film maker aren't you? That trailer was clearly cinematic, depicting the character and possibly the struggles he went through. It was to pique our interest on the subject matter.

Fact: You can not tell about the gameply from the trailer, in no way does Dante jup cancel in any of his trailers from other games, or even cutscenes.

You saying the guns were shooting slower was dumb, one there was less enemies then he usually encounters. You can also tell that by the trailer he was handling them non chalantly (like the O. Dante) and tried to exude an air of " I dont give a ****".

The style is defnitely gothic, as you seem laying down at the end smoking and a HUGE EFFING CATHEDRAL/CASTLE thing in the background. Even more gothic were the enemies.

THE ONLYTHING you are complaining about is his desgin.

sorry

story> design
gameplay> design.

This game looks like it has an actual story, I like that about it. Do I like how the character looks? No, but it was a bold move and I'm sure he will be badass.

No, I dont want to play another DMC game with the old Dante in it just because you "fans" don't like how this one looks. His story ended (not much of a story anyway) leave it at that.
---

What you call cinematic and what I call cinematic are two different things mate. MGS and FF have cinematic trailers. this did not.
Hell even the DMC4 trailer was more cinematic. I will concede it tried to be cinematic, in a torture horror type of way, but it failed at even that. Like i said before, jump cancelling is suggested. It is a weak point, and I cant deny that I have no idea if it will be in the final game, but id put up a healthy bet it isnt.

The eneimes didnt scream gothic to me (which to be honest is one thing i never really cared about) They reminded me more of the marrionettes from Ninja gaiden 2, which where some kind of robot/fiend hybrid.

Its all subjective in anycase. I wouldnt mind a developer like platinum taking liberties with Dante because they have a proven track record of making good games, even before bayonetta. But ninja theory hasnt proved themselves good enough to suggest they are up to the task and they have mad drastic, instead of a more gradual change. For me that doesnt bode well for the rest of the game because it shows they have a complete disregard for the foundations the game was built on.

I do think they will tell a more cosistant story but honestly, i know few games that have excellent gameplay AND story. As if can live without story, this doesnt make me feel optimistic about the game either.
#57Stink_NastyPosted 9/16/2010 11:29:09 AM
I believe they don't own all properties to the game though. The frachise belongs to campcom not NT. Being the developers they have to have some restrictions on how the game will perform. DMC is known for it's gameplay, and I'm sure capcom has stressed at least that aspect of it.

Whether the trailer was cinematic in a good way or bad way has nothing to do with it, it is cinematic at the end. It gives a more grunge/horror feel to it. It's a teaser though, so not much was supposed to be conveyed the point of the trailer was to pique interest and have everyone be like WTF. In that regard it has succeeded. Everyone is paying attention to this game now and wants more information to come out. Now that they have our attention, they will unveil a little more that will delve us deeper into the game.

Then is when we can make a proper analysis.
---
#58BCLightning13Posted 9/16/2010 11:49:15 AM
HAHA! oh man, that e-mail is so retarded... this is the reason why i think "gamers" get such a bad rap sometimes. haha.
---
PSN: Droq13
#59Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 11:58:14 AM
No. I'm saying that the way he does it isn't.

DMC3: Dante shoots billiard balls, sending them flying around the room, causing utter chaos as they slam into the enemies.

DmC: He throws a truck at them. It crushes them.

Also in DMC3, he crushes enemies with a pool table. Not really that exciting.

I think you'd need to be crazy to think this.

Did you not even look at the city at the start of the trailer? The dark, gritty feel of it...You seriously got no goth vibes at all from it?

And also replicated the whipfist from protoype, even with 3 pronged spike at the end, hense the reference.

That's pretty weak...

the sparda doesn't shapshift, it extends.

Uh...the Sparda most certainly shifts shapes from a sword, to a spear, to a scythe. Call it what you want, it changes shape. As does the Nevan and Pandora's Box.

No him perfectly emulating this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oos6GQcJhsg&feature=related

Again, demon gate, rubble, Dante.

he didnt need too. which he shot away rather than grabbed or hit away. with a weapon that equipped that was basically rocket powered

Dante doesn't need to do a lot of the crap he does. That's why he's Dante. So what he shot it away? Point is, if Trish could launch a motorcycle, Dante can hurl cars. Hell, Dante was fighting using a motorcycle as a melee weapon. Those gauntlets had nothing to do with Dante's strength. Stop reaching.

the trailer ran at 30 frames per second. yeah, like this huh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CjXww5Cdu8 sure........./sarcasm.

Okay...it wasn't gameplay either. That video is gameplay. You're comparing two different things. Fail.

Nor do I care. Its simply not in context of the series, or even the damn trailer for that matter.

Blind hate. Got it.

the above trailer suggests it. This one does not.

What is this I don't even

No. Thats not what I said. Step up your reading comphrension.

That's basically EXACTLY what you said.

I see why you didn't want to debate, you have no real points to back yourself up with. And you suck at copy/paste rebuttals.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#60PileofconversePosted 9/16/2010 12:00:14 PM

Wow this is all way too much..