Wait for some Gameplay before we completely write this off

#51LunarHeartPosted 9/16/2010 2:22:58 AM
No!

Here's the reality and what I believe:

Bad fanbase= OMG it's a DMC game and will have cool combat, so what if he isn't the original Dante, so what if he is fighting with a scythe, I will buy anything with gun & sword combat as long as it's a DMC game.

Good fanbase= The original creators vision is what Devil may Cry 1 brought, THAT is the original universe, characters and atmosphere of the series. DMC 2 failed but had excellent game play, but when everything else failed, we hate the game.
DMC 3 managed to take the original creators vision back to life with a prequel.
DMC 4 Dante has his edge and is wiser than before. He get's a legendary on-screen presence based on the past games created with the ORIGINAL CREATORS VISION.

DmC is just milking the name, and they think people want a snotty ugly Dante that looks like a mall-rat. And erasing his legendary status, who cares right? Nothing is serious anyways as long as the combat is intact... right? ... NOT for me. lol
#52Rebel_DantePosted 9/16/2010 2:25:14 AM
Couldn't agree more, LunarHeart. And when any real fans show any kind of complaint, it's "fanboyism". "OMG you care about the series and have grown attached to more than the cool effects, FANBOY!"
#53mmSNAKEPosted 9/16/2010 11:06:51 AM
If the combat is sharp, deep and challenging there is no reason not to play the game. If you tell yourself otherwise you worship DMC for something that is not and never been.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#54mmSNAKEPosted 9/16/2010 11:22:24 AM

Oh, well that's alright for you, then >.> Some of us like DMC for it's entirety, however - plot and all. Of course, you could be slightly less self-centered and not assume everyone plays games for the same reasons you do.

Let me get this straight you don't consider the gameplay in the DMC series the most important aspect. :S WTF is wrong with you then. Plot my ass. It's all cheesy and cheap. There is no layers to the plot, nothing major about the characters. Each character has his own thing and doesn't deviate from it. That's fine, because I skip the cut scenes after I've seen them couple times and enjoy the game.

I bought the game to play it, not to watch it. Main focus of DMC is to play it, get better and overcome a challenge it offers. Hearing Dante give couple one liners to main bad guy is NOT the focus of the game. If you people play the game for that then you are truly sad.

There are other games that plot drives them and it actually makes a difference. Games like MGS, Legacy of Kain and Bioshock. In those games plot controls the immersion and atmosphere. In DMC all you get is a room with enemies that you kill. It may change from other areas depending where main character is, but its essentially the same thing. Similar to bloody palace but with more level design. Who cares though because that is fun, the combat is deep and rewarding. You can play it for hundreds of hours and still not come even close to everything that is possible.

People that think this game sucks because of short couple minutes they saw are too blind by something DMC is not. My personal view is that I have little faith what will turn out from the game. I don't have much faith in Ninja Theory, however, I'm not gonna quit on the whole thing until I see some solid game footage.
---
#55Stink_NastyPosted 9/16/2010 11:36:17 AM
^ very well said and I agree with you wholeheartedly good sir.
---
PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#56Pileofconverse(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2010 12:04:50 PM

mmSNAKE posted...

Oh, well that's alright for you, then >.> Some of us like DMC for it's entirety, however - plot and all. Of course, you could be slightly less self-centered and not assume everyone plays games for the same reasons you do.

Let me get this straight you don't consider the gameplay in the DMC series the most important aspect. :S WTF is wrong with you then. Plot my ass. It's all cheesy and cheap. There is no layers to the plot, nothing major about the characters. Each character has his own thing and doesn't deviate from it. That's fine, because I skip the cut scenes after I've seen them couple times and enjoy the game.

I bought the game to play it, not to watch it. Main focus of DMC is to play it, get better and overcome a challenge it offers. Hearing Dante give couple one liners to main bad guy is NOT the focus of the game. If you people play the game for that then you are truly sad.

There are other games that plot drives them and it actually makes a difference. Games like MGS, Legacy of Kain and Bioshock. In those games plot controls the immersion and atmosphere. In DMC all you get is a room with enemies that you kill. It may change from other areas depending where main character is, but its essentially the same thing. Similar to bloody palace but with more level design. Who cares though because that is fun, the combat is deep and rewarding. You can play it for hundreds of hours and still not come even close to everything that is possible.

People that think this game sucks because of short couple minutes they saw are too blind by something DMC is not. My personal view is that I have little faith what will turn out from the game. I don't have much faith in Ninja Theory, however, I'm not gonna quit on the whole thing until I see some solid game footage.
---

This man says the truth

#57Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 12:24:07 PM
I too agree with Snake.

No!

Here's the reality and what I believe:

Bad fanbase= OMG it's a DMC game and will have cool combat, so what if he isn't the original Dante, so what if he is fighting with a scythe, I will buy anything with gun & sword combat as long as it's a DMC game.

Dante used a scythe in DMC3. One that shifted from a freakin' GUITAR. The Sparda also shifted into a scythe. Oh please...

Good fanbase= The original creators vision is what Devil may Cry 1 brought, THAT is the original universe, characters and atmosphere of the series. DMC 2 failed but had excellent game play, but when everything else failed, we hate the game.
DMC 3 managed to take the original creators vision back to life with a prequel.
DMC 4 Dante has his edge and is wiser than before. He get's a legendary on-screen presence based on the past games created with the ORIGINAL CREATORS VISION.

LOL! DMC3-4 doesn't have the same atmosphere of DMC1 at all. DMC2 had adequete gameplay. It looked like DMC until you got down to it. The game was hated for that reason. You don't know anything about what makes DMC, DMC.

DmC is just milking the name, and they think people want a snotty ugly Dante that looks like a mall-rat. And erasing his legendary status, who cares right? Nothing is serious anyways as long as the combat is intact... right? ... NOT for me. lol

It's not milking anything. Given your argument above, and this statement, you don't care about Devil May Cry, but only about Dante's appearance. You aren't suited to speak on what the fanbase wants.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#58nightstrike50Posted 9/16/2010 12:25:14 PM
I personally liked DMC's story BECAUSE it was cheesy and didn't take itself seriously, I liked how it had its tongue permanently fused to it's cheek, I loved Dante's over the top hamminess. But then again, I love campy stuff like Evil Dead and Killer Klowns From Outer Space. This looks like it's trying too hard to take itself seriously and seem edgy, I'll wait for Gameplay footage and maybe a demo before I write this off completely (The whip sword thing he had looks like it could be cool) but I'm not entirely optimistic (I only played the demo of Heavenly Sword and it didn't grab my attention at all that's pretty much all I have to say about Ninja Theory) I hope this turns out good, but I already know I probably won't like it as much as previous entries just because of the shift in tone. Plus I just don't see why they would feel they had to reboot the series in the first place, it just confuses me.

On another note, I haven't been on this site in almost a year and I'm only posting because I saw this trailer. So whether this turns out good or bad, Capcom and NT did a good job of getting people to talk about this game with only a two minute movie (Admittedly in a lot of cases for the opposite reason that they probably intended.)
---
You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun - Manny Calavera
http://rockyhatescanada.ytmnd.com/
#59Pileofconverse(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2010 12:47:14 PM

They definitely got everybody's attention with that trailer, thats for sure..