All this reticule over a new hair do?

#1Xtreme65Posted 9/16/2010 1:41:40 PM
Well and he's scrawny to. But honestly if you gave him one of his old hair styles he'd look like a younger Dante. He smokes? So what many people do. So far He acts very similar to Dante. He had to finish smoking before he burned that demon's eyes out. The old Dante would have done something similar such as finishing a pizza before he snapped the things neck.

But because he doesn't have his trademark white hair people are dismissing this game all BECAUSE of Dante's new design.

Am I happy with the new design? Not really I prefer old school Dante but I don't hate the new design either. And to dismiss this game without giving it a shot is just childish and foolish.
---
http://www.myspace.com/xtreme65
#2DRX777Posted 9/16/2010 1:42:32 PM
Ridicule. And he's nothing like Dante. If anything, he's more like Nero + Vergil's sadism.
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
#3249_US_dollarsPosted 9/16/2010 1:44:15 PM
Ridicule. And he's nothing like Dante. If anything, he's more like Nero + Vergil's sadism.

I didn't know psychics could read the minds of fictional characters, too.
---
DMC1>NGB - Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2LmTABz4Ao
#4UbberDevilPosted 9/16/2010 1:44:33 PM
Hair color is part of it but what I really don't like is that he has the body structure of Christian Bale from The Machinist.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#5BerserkNinjaPosted 9/16/2010 1:47:02 PM
The developer is Ninja Theory. And as far as I have seen, they have created 2 mediocre games. This doesn't give me confidence that they will make the game good. And the whole idea of rebooting the franchise is pointless.
#6PileofconversePosted 9/16/2010 1:48:55 PM

I'm hoping they finally give a DMC game with an epic story ALONG with some amazing gameplay. They have the chance to

#7Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2010 1:56:31 PM
I can understand being reluctant over NT doing it thats not what I'm talking about though. Because we've known for sometime that NT was developing the next DMC. But now we have actual footage with Dante haveing a new hairdo and NOW people are giving this game a pass.

As for the possible reboot which hasn't been 100 percent confirmed yet but even if it is a reboot, how can you blame them? Devil May Cry's story has received nothing but negative responses from critics. Is a reboot pointless? Yes but so is any story that DMC has ever put out so this is a minor detail.
---
http://www.myspace.com/xtreme65
#8PileofconversePosted 9/16/2010 2:03:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9CompetitiveEdgePosted 9/16/2010 2:03:37 PM

Well and he's scrawny to. But honestly if you gave him one of his old hair styles he'd look like a younger Dante. He smokes? So what many people do. So far He acts very similar to Dante. He had to finish smoking before he burned that demon's eyes out. The old Dante would have done something similar such as finishing a pizza before he snapped the things neck.

But because he doesn't have his trademark white hair people are dismissing this game all BECAUSE of Dante's new design.

Am I happy with the new design? Not really I prefer old school Dante but I don't hate the new design either. And to dismiss this game without giving it a shot is just childish and foolish.

Not very perceptive I guess...He doesn't look or act anything like real Dante(young or old).
New deformed face, different eye color, different attire(really just the homeless version of Dante's previous clothes with a random British flag strapped to his grimy arm), different personality, and a new unwarranted vice, among other things, and that's only the trailer.
It's not just the hair, it's everything. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't have a new British accent to match his horrible new look.
#10AFreebyPosted 9/16/2010 2:03:39 PM
I would take the old cheeseball style stories from the original games over this trash any day. The stories were half of the appeal of the old games. They reminded me of watching Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. The plots weren't really realistic and the dialouge was hammy but that it where the charm of the game came from. It added to the badass gameplay. This just looks like another lame attempt to make a series dark and edgy when neither of those things make a game series cool.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.