All this reticule over a new hair do?

#11PileofconversePosted 9/16/2010 1:20:25 PM

I didn't know so many people bought Devil May Cry to look at Dante :roll:

Jk :D

#12HawkGamer2008Posted 9/16/2010 1:24:22 PM
The new dante design is too scawny, too emo, too pretty boy. This version has to act so he can be badass, the o;d dante just had to smerk and you knew.
We already got a origin story in DMC3..this crap will UNFORTUNATLY bomb bad
---
Pokemon Platinum Name/Friend Code: Kenneth/5156 7408 5363
#13AFreebyPosted 9/16/2010 1:27:32 PM
Many of us bought the series because of a combination of reasons. Gameplay and difficulty was always the most important reason, but the character of Dante was always one of my favorites in all of gaming. He was like Bruce Campbell with god mode activated. We don't have much to go off of with the new trailer, but from the looks of it this Dante will probably not have that cool cheeseball personality of the original, and the fact the NT is making the game doesn't inspire confidence in the gameplay either. Look on the bright side all you like, but I see nothing but storm clouds up ahead.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
#14Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 1:30:31 PM
Oh god.

Not very perceptive I guess...He doesn't look or act anything like real Dante(young or old).

The only thing different about him is his hair color. From the little bit we saw of his personality, he is most certainly still "Dante."

New deformed face, different eye color, different attire(really just the homeless version of Dante's previous clothes with a random British flag strapped to his grimy arm), different personality, and a new unwarranted vice, among other things, and that's only the trailer.

How the hell is his face deformed? It isn't. And honestly, Dante's face hasn't been consistant throughout the series anyway. This would be no different if he had white hair, blue eyes, and a red trenchcoat. And he doesn't look homeless. What homeless person dresses like that? He just looks like he's been in a hell of a lot of scuffles for one day. And the British flag isn't strapped to his arm, it's part of the coat's design. He can't wear another country's flag or something? Again, how the hell can you really say his personality is different? You're just crying for no damn reason. Grow up and get over it.

It's not just the hair, it's everything. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't have a new British accent to match his horrible new look.

Exactly, you hate his look. That's all it is with you nay-sayers.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#15Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 1:35:00 PM
We don't have much to go off of with the new trailer, but from the looks of it this Dante will probably not have that cool cheeseball personality of the original, and the fact the NT is making the game doesn't inspire confidence in the gameplay either.

Funny thing about that is...the original Dante was not a cheeseball. He had a wisecrack here or there, but he was a lot more serious in DMC1 than in DMC3-4.

Also, I'll say it again:

Just because Ninja Theory can't build a combat system of their own that's as deep and complex as DMC's, doesn't mean that they can't successfully build off of a combat system that's already well established.
---
#16CompetitiveEdgePosted 9/16/2010 1:36:00 PM
Look and personality. What else is there to critique?
Can you honestly say that this new Dante acts exactly the same as the old one? He doesn't, it's clear, even from just one trailer.
#17AFreebyPosted 9/16/2010 1:39:50 PM
@Hvv, you do realise the other big reason we are all pissed is because Ninja Theory is making the game? They have not made a AAA title ever, and the combat in Heavenly Sword was a GoW rip off. That doesn't bode well for this new DMC. On top of that, the design to Dante is important. DMC1, 2, 3, and 4 may have all had slightly different Dante's, but the main features that we recognize about the character were in place in all of them. The same can not be said of this thing that they have shown to us.
---
#18Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 2:03:56 PM
Look and personality. What else is there to critique?
Can you honestly say that this new Dante acts exactly the same as the old one? He doesn't, it's clear, even from just one trailer.

Thing is, you don't see enough of his personality to critique. What we do see is indeed Dante. He's up against fodder. When has Dante EVER wasted his breath on fodder? No, it's not clear that he doesn't act the same way. Once again, get over yourself.

@Hvv, you do realise the other big reason we are all pissed is because Ninja Theory is making the game? They have not made a AAA title ever, and the combat in Heavenly Sword was a GoW rip off. That doesn't bode well for this new DMC. On top of that, the design to Dante is important. DMC1, 2, 3, and 4 may have all had slightly different Dante's, but the main features that we recognize about the character were in place in all of them. The same can not be said of this thing that they have shown to us.

Again, just because Ninja Theory's own original combat(which is NOT a GOW ripoff) is not up to par with DMC's doesn't mean they can't come in and build off of DMC's combat. You people are letting fanboyism and rage blind you.
---
#19GICobraBlackPosted 9/16/2010 2:06:25 PM

Sparda65 posted...
Well and he's scrawny to. But honestly if you gave him one of his old hair styles he'd look like a younger Dante. He smokes? So what many people do. So far He acts very similar to Dante. He had to finish smoking before he burned that demon's eyes out. The old Dante would have done something similar such as finishing a pizza before he snapped the things neck.

But because he doesn't have his trademark white hair people are dismissing this game all BECAUSE of Dante's new design.

Am I happy with the new design? Not really I prefer old school Dante but I don't hate the new design either. And to dismiss this game without giving it a shot is just childish and foolish.
---
http://www.myspace.com/xtreme65

I find it stupid too. People need to grow up.

#20AFreebyPosted 9/16/2010 2:26:41 PM
Hvv, Dante is always talking, even to fodder demons. Go play DMC3 again, whenever Dante faces a new enemy he almost always has something funny to say about them. This Dante also apparently is able to be restrained and arrested as well, which is very out of character for Dante. The smoking thing irks me to no end, and I myself am a smoker. Nothing from the trailer shown gives any hints to a guy with a fun loving, laid back personality. It shows a beaten up punk kid who looks like he has anger issues. That is not the character that the fans of the series have come to love. Is it to early to tell where things will go? Yeah, but that does not mean that we have to be positive about the crap they have fed us thus far.

Oh, and i have no faith in NT until they show that they are somewhat competent, which has not been done yet. Hoping for the best only works when what they show you looks good. That is not the case with this game.
---