All this reticule over a new hair do?

#21CompetitiveEdgePosted 9/16/2010 2:27:00 PM
*whine* "Grow up", "Get over yourself" "fanboyism and rage" *whine*
Not a very persuasive argument on behalf of the "anti-fanboy" side. You're as resolved to defending the new Dante as I am to ridicule him, and your comments are equally dismissive and insulting. It's a subjective topic which has no right or wrong side, but most fans of the series will be outraged by, what is in their eyes(and mine), a significant change for the worse, and you have no chance of convincing them otherwise.
So, I'll take your own line and say to you, "get over yourself".
#22EmpressXuPosted 9/16/2010 2:40:44 PM
I find it sad that people take Dante's new look in a negative way. It's not the end of the world, for crying out loud!
#23CompetitiveEdgePosted 9/16/2010 2:47:49 PM
BUT...BUT IT'S THE END OF THE DMC WORLD, AND THAT'S MORE IMPORTANT!!

lol, but seriously...even if they still changed him, if his new look wasn't absolutely atrocious, there wouldn't be nearly as much disgust.
I just can't understand why they changed him at all though...I don't recall anyone having a problem with the real Dante.
#24EmpressXuPosted 9/16/2010 2:53:50 PM
What about Nero?
#25Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 2:55:26 PM
@Hvv, Dante is always talking, even to fodder demons. Go play DMC3 again, whenever Dante faces a new enemy he almost always has something funny to say about them.

Maybe you should go play DMC3 again. Hell, go play all of them. When fodder shows up, Dante doesn't say anything.

This Dante also apparently is able to be restrained and arrested as well, which is very out of character for Dante. The smoking thing irks me to no end, and I myself am a smoker. Nothing from the trailer shown gives any hints to a guy with a fun loving, laid back personality. It shows a beaten up punk kid who looks like he has anger issues.

I will give you that he does come off a bit irked, but we do not know the context of the story(or that scene) at all. So we can't say, "ARGHHH, THIS IS ALL WRONG!!"

Oh, and i have no faith in NT until they show that they are somewhat competent, which has not been done yet. Hoping for the best only works when what they show you looks good. That is not the case with this game.

Well expecing the worst isn't exactly the way to go about it either.

Not a very persuasive argument on behalf of the "anti-fanboy" side. You're as resolved to defending the new Dante as I am to ridicule him, and your comments are equally dismissive and insulting. It's a subjective topic which has no right or wrong side, but most fans of the series will be outraged by, what is in their eyes(and mine), a significant change for the worse, and you have no chance of convincing them otherwise.

Your comments are just childish, baseless, and stupid, though. The only change we can accurately comment on is Dante's appearance, and people are taking their distaste with the change and applying it to the whole damn trailer.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#26Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 2:57:20 PM
Maybe you should go play DMC3 again. Hell, go play all of them. When fodder shows up, Dante doesn't often say anything.
---
#27CompetitiveEdgePosted 9/16/2010 3:02:26 PM

From: Hvv0l24n9Not a very persuasive argument on behalf of the "anti-fanboy" side. You're as resolved to defending the new Dante as I am to ridicule him, and your comments are equally dismissive and insulting. It's a subjective topic which has no right or wrong side, but most fans of the series will be outraged by, what is in their eyes(and mine), a significant change for the worse, and you have no chance of convincing them otherwise.

Your comments are just childish, baseless, and stupid, though. The only change we can accurately comment on is Dante's appearance, and people are taking their distaste with the change and applying it to the whole damn trailer.

So...I tell you where you went wrong, and you continue to do it? You and this game sure have a lot in common...no wonder you like the new Dante.
#28Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2010 3:10:03 PM
So...I tell you where you went wrong, and you continue to do it? You and this game sure have a lot in common...no wonder you like the new Dante.

Kinda like how I tell you where you went wrong and you chose to ignore it? Yeah, I can see why you're being such a baby about this.
---
#29AFreebyPosted 9/16/2010 3:14:06 PM
Office scene in DMC3. Dante is impaled by several scythes, and casually walks over to his juke nox while being surrounded by enemies. He hits the button on the juke box several times with nothing happening. He smiths and pounds the thing starting it up. He proceeds to say "Let's rock!" and kicks ass. That whole scene describes the laid back, care free personality of Dante. That is what made him a badass. You are right that we don't know the context of the scenes in the trailer, but unless the person questioning Dante in the trailer turned out to be Mundus (which would make no sense) there is no acceptable reason for Dante to be pissed off or angry. It doesn't fit with the character we know and love. It is just as bad as making Dante a silent badass in DMC2, which was just as out of character, but at least he looked like Dante. It seems so far that there is nothing recognizable about this character.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
#30CompetitiveEdgePosted 9/16/2010 3:20:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]