All this reticule over a new hair do?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. All this reticule over a new hair do?
5 years ago#31
Okay, maybe if I throw petty insults into my posts it might get your attention, you dimwitted clown. I did admit to it, and I further pointed out that you're equally wrong, yet you, the illiterate joke that you are, chose to ignore it, and continue to see only your own limited point of view. Idiot. There you go, I'm sinking to your level in an attempt to make you understand, though it's probably a wasted effort.

Sweet. So you call me a bunch of inspired names because I made an observation on how you're coming off? Did I call you anything? I don't believe I did. Good thing you deleted that, because you'd sure get modded. I on the other hand don't have to worry about that.

Also, I don't recall you admitting you were wrong as much as I recall you just taking an "agree to disagree" approach. I'm not wrong. Sorry if I sound full of myself. I can see why people are pissed, I was too at first, but to step back and think about it, the only thing to be truly mad about is the change in Dante's design and there's no real reason yet to damn this game.

You are right that we don't know the context of the scenes in the trailer, but unless the person questioning Dante in the trailer turned out to be Mundus (which would make no sense) there is no acceptable reason for Dante to be pissed off or angry. It doesn't fit with the character we know and love. It is just as bad as making Dante a silent badass in DMC2, which was just as out of character, but at least he looked like Dante. It seems so far that there is nothing recognizable about this character.

See, I can understand that, but I still say we should wait to find out details before we jump the gun and burn down Capcom. It doesn't necessarily have to be Mundus(I agree that scenerio you described would be a total WTF) to piss of Dante, either.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
5 years ago#32
Address the faults of other while ignoring your own...do you ever even read what you type?
Every post you've made consists of petty insults and baseless derogatory remarks, and foolishly, I succumbed to it.
You don't sound full of yourself; you are full of yourself, and unlike Dante's change of character, it's not even debatable.
5 years ago#33
I just don't know why they pick Dante for this crap. Would be less embarrassing if was some kind of spin-off starring Lady with some different style of combat, something less complex and with some decent platforming segments, she even has a grappling hook a l Lara Croft.
5 years ago#34
I don't get why people are so turned off about his smoking. But say if old Dante did smoke burning the enemy with a cig after a puff would totally be something he'd do.

Funny thing is if you replaced the cigarrete with a pizza and Dante finished it than snapped the demon's neck people would not even complain about his personality.

The burning of the cigarette is a clue that this guy has some fun with his enemies.
---
http://www.myspace.com/xtreme65
5 years ago#35
i agree with TC on this. play the game before you criticize. you guys just saw 1 effin trailer and now you guys are all crazy.
for those of you who think this game is going to be trash because of the company, you guys knew NT was making this game a few months ago. heck i prefer old dante but new dante is cool too...he smokes cigarettes. ;D
by the time this game comes out and you guys play it, you guys are going to be like "this games awsome i should of listen to Quiksilver".
---
"Colt Brennan and thee Hawaii Warriors are the real National Champs" (07/12/07)
5 years ago#36
Address the faults of other while ignoring your own...do you ever even read what you type?
Every post you've made consists of petty insults and baseless derogatory remarks, and foolishly, I succumbed to it.

Derogatory remaks, yeah sure. Insults? Nah. The closest thing to an insult was that you were being a baby, which I said because you saw a (drastic, I'll admit)change in Dante's design and started downing the whole game and development process off of just that and nothing more. This is merely a reveal trailer,and you're not gonna be able to come to those kinds of conclusions based on this alone.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I've been reading ignorant bashing like that ever since the trailer was announced and I'm sick of 'em. I was furious at first too, but after watching it over and over, I realized there's not much there to be rightfully mad at besides Dante's design. Give them a chance to explain.

You don't sound full of yourself; you are full of yourself, and unlike Dante's change of character, it's not even debatable.

Maybe I am full of myself, but at least we can finally agree that Dante's change of character is debatable.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
5 years ago#37
I'd put a reticule on his face.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
5 years ago#38

From: Hvv0l24n9Derogatory remaks, yeah sure. Insults? Nah. The closest thing to an insult was that you were being a baby, which I said because you saw a (drastic, I'll admit)change in Dante's design and started downing the whole game and development process off of just that and nothing more. This is merely a reveal trailer,and you're not gonna be able to come to those kinds of conclusions based on this alone.

I never condemned the game in it's entirety; I condemned the character, and I'm rightfully disappointed that they're calling him Dante, and titling this game DMC. Also, I've never even played a Ninja Theory game(as far as I know)so I haven't/won't say anything against the developers.

From: Hvv0l24n9Maybe I am full of myself, but at least we can finally agree that Dante's change of character is debatable.

I had said that all along, and you just stuck to your guns, saying that you're right, and everyone who hates new Dante is wrong.
So long as you're reasonable enough to see that neither side can possibly be right or wrong, then this whole argument ceases to be so annoying.
5 years ago#39
seriously this is all about some dudes hair color! i bet all u guys that if new dante came out with white hair in the trailer, you guys would of been like watever. i mean seriously....com-on man!
---
"Colt Brennan and thee Hawaii Warriors are the real National Champs" (07/12/07)
5 years ago#40
UbberDevil
Posted 9/16/2010 4:44:33 PM
message detail

Hair color is part of it but what I really don't like is that he has the body structure of Christian Bale from The Machinist.

This is exactly what I've been comparing him to all this time. Christian Bale was so ugly in that movie. He clearly moved away from that look, why is Dante moving towards it? (More like instantly teleported to it... but whatever)
---
They say the new DMC is so horrible, that even a Dante May Cry.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. All this reticule over a new hair do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived