did they HAVE to...

#1Assassin4LifePosted 9/16/2010 9:26:06 PM
include the British flag on his left sleeve? they couldn't just leave it be? I don't know why, and no offense to anyone, but that just annoys me honestly. It almost feels like they're trademarking him.

http://devilmaycry.org/548/dmc5-gallery.html/dmc5-00943

left sleeve^^^
#2RoxasANobodyPosted 9/16/2010 9:28:55 PM
It could be possible that the European buyers may be *****ing themselves over this game because this may be how Europeans portray their bad ass heroes. But for the fans of the DMC series, we've kept with the original route of Dante not looking torn up.
---
Represent ABDC | Poreotix
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/DaijoubuQuest
#3wwinterj25Posted 9/16/2010 11:16:02 PM
Europeans don't portray their bad ass heroes as bad ass heros just because they have a flag on there sleeve.

I am however interested to find out this will be set in the UK as not many games are. They need to remove the flag though.....
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#4BerserkNinjaPosted 9/16/2010 11:21:00 PM
Really this game looks like a damn ego trip. Dante looking like the stupid lead designer of Ninja Theory to the flag.
#5RoxasANobodyPosted 9/16/2010 11:23:26 PM
Europeans don't portray their bad ass heroes as bad ass heros just because they have a flag on there sleeve.

There was no mention of that particular piece of accessory in my post.
---
Represent ABDC | Poreotix
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/DaijoubuQuest
#6wwinterj25Posted 9/16/2010 11:33:39 PM
Oh ..... sorry dude my bad. What I was trying to say is in that image.
He looks like chav scum. Not many people in the UK like chavs at all.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#7EurashalPosted 9/17/2010 1:31:46 AM
If this is what Ninja Theory think youth today is I'm insulted. Even MORE insulted seeing that they're an England-based developers and that this is what they think English/British youth is like... I'm lost for words.
---
Go, Mayor Dobe! Use your talking to stop them! No effect. Galbadians all have 100 Reasoning and 100 Logic junctioned to 2x Stat-Def. LPFF8
#8Rebel_DantePosted 9/17/2010 1:36:02 AM
I'm English, and I think the flag is ridiculous. Dante isn't English, he's American at best (going on the accent). The only reason that flag's there is because Team Ninja want to flaunt the fact that they are from the UK.

You don't see him strutting round with a Japanese flag in the previous games.
#9DEM0NICDEMISEPosted 9/17/2010 1:57:20 AM
umm... how about while they remove the flag on his sleeve, they just remove him in total? or just do a whole make over for the guy (i refuse to call him Dante because its obvious he's not Dante).... actually better yet, just rename the game if they so badly want to release it or just trash it, get Capcom to actually make a real DMC game, then we can all be happy and pretend this never happened.

(honestly im just waiting for someone from Capcom to pop up and go "HA HA! FOOLED U! we would never ruin DMC like this!")
#10Rebel_DantePosted 9/17/2010 1:58:30 AM
^ I wouldn't get your hopes up. That's what most of us want... but I don't believe we really have that much say in what crap they decide to churn out.