I've never felt so let down over a game before until now...

#1CsomaPosted 9/17/2010 5:22:51 AM
Honestly... DMC has been one of my top fav series of all time.

Like a good majority of you here I also hate the new Dante very much. Most people are saying it's the hair... and well... it IS.

It sounds stupid but, a lot of the elements of Dante are present in this new character model. The clothes seem about right, the cocky attitude is there.... kind of, from what I could see in his facial expressions anyway.

The skinny factor and and facial structure set him apart from the Dante we're used too, but the Dante from DMC 3 I thought looked very different from the Dante in 1,2, and 4 in terms of his face and body. Still, these 2 elements of the new Dante subtract a lot from the traditional Dante we're used to.

Still the hair thing. It sounds SO stupid I know.... but honestly Dante needs his traditional color scheme in order to feel familiar and traditional to the players. Red outfit with hints of black, and other neutral colors, caucasian skin tone, and white hair.

The new melee weapon he's using also seems very bad ass, but he needs a traditional sword like he's always has as well, also I don't like the guns he's using but since this is apparently a prequel it could be the guns he had before he made ebony and ivory.

Now other then all of these cosmetic changes I would also like to say I want a god damn DMC game that has some story advancement.

Seeing all of these past events is cool and all but I honestly just don't give a damn anymore. I want to know what Nero is and why Yamato bonded with him and awakened his powers. I want to know why the Sparta sword and Nero weren't in DMC 2 what happens after DMC 2. I want another game with Virgil. I don't care... I'm going to say flat out Virgil is very typically bad ass and awesome and I want to and have wanted to see more of him since DMC 3.

---
Meidou Zangetsuha...
#2Epistemology25Posted 9/17/2010 5:46:29 AM
Uh... It's not out yet. I think we should all at least wait for real gameplay to judge it.
---
PSN: Deadly_Bear
On the field of battle, "fair" knows not who the deserving are. - Kamorge
#3akito319Posted 9/17/2010 5:53:56 AM
Heh, heh. This is a lot like the Infamous situation a couple months ago. Well the squeaky wheel got the grease in that instance with endless complaining to Sucker Punch. Carry on with the complaints and maybe you can get through to Capcom as well.
---
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~ Benjamin Franklin
#4Csoma(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 5:54:26 AM
I have a feeling the gameplay will be great. I just don't like the new character and feel that this is going to be another game like GOW, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, and DMC....... but it'll be called DMC but be too vastly different.
---
Meidou Zangetsuha...
#5NietonoPosted 9/17/2010 5:55:17 AM
Carry on with the complaints and maybe you can get through to Capcom as well.

That's the plan~
---
Capitalism, ho!