Do you think that the reboot was a response to Bayonetta's critical success?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Do you think that the reboot was a response to Bayonetta's critical success?

User Info: Eurashal

Eurashal
6 years ago#1
Say what you want about Bayo's story and all, but you have to admit Bayonetta had some damn impressive gameplay.

I have the feeling that DmC is a response to Bayonetta, although I'm not sure why they'd reboot and redesign a popular franchise.

Maybe Capcom noticed that some people avoided Bayonetta because it was "too girly and/or cheesy" so they took DMC and changed it to be the opposite of Bayo.

I don't know, but it seems a little odd to me that a reboot of DMC occurs after Bayo's success... Could just be a coincidence though.

Also, anyone find it kinda funny that Kamiya said that he believes a Bayonetta sequel will happen shortly after DmC is revealed?

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/16/bayonetta-2-hideki-kamiya-believes-its-coming/
Go, Mayor Dobe! Use your talking to stop them! No effect. Galbadians all have 100 Reasoning and 100 Logic junctioned to 2x Stat-Def. LPFF8

User Info: mr369248

mr369248
6 years ago#2
I don't think so. The reboot was because sales were apparently not good enough in the west so they decided to give it a western touch to appeal to us westerners and this is the final product of this touch.

User Info: Glasses_Guy

Glasses_Guy
6 years ago#3
Ok Devil May Cry.... Show me on the doll where the mean devs touched you. *Gasp* In your western areas! UNACCEPTABLE!!
Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, and I shall smite you with unholy magic! -- Grimoire Weiss

User Info: Eurashal

Eurashal
6 years ago#4

I don't think so. The reboot was because sales were apparently not good enough in the west so they decided to give it a western touch to appeal to us westerners and this is the final product of this touch.

But that confuses me, weren't DMC4's Western sales greater than Eastern sales? Or am I thinking of something else?
Go, Mayor Dobe! Use your talking to stop them! No effect. Galbadians all have 100 Reasoning and 100 Logic junctioned to 2x Stat-Def. LPFF8

User Info: NuuType

NuuType
6 years ago#5
I was actually thinking the exact same thing TC.

I just dont know why they dont just give back Kamiya his DMC =( he would SLAY it. By now he wouldnt want to touch it with a 20 foot pole "im good with my Bayonetta lol" he would say
"Encounters are always abrupt."

User Info: mr369248

mr369248
6 years ago#6
But that confuses me, weren't DMC4's Western sales greater than Eastern sales? Or am I thinking of something else?

You should check the ps3 dmc4 board, it should probably have a topic about it somewhere.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Do you think that the reboot was a response to Bayonetta's critical success?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived