Do you think that the reboot was a response to Bayonetta's critical success?

#1EurashalPosted 9/17/2010 6:50:49 AM
Say what you want about Bayo's story and all, but you have to admit Bayonetta had some damn impressive gameplay.

I have the feeling that DmC is a response to Bayonetta, although I'm not sure why they'd reboot and redesign a popular franchise.

Maybe Capcom noticed that some people avoided Bayonetta because it was "too girly and/or cheesy" so they took DMC and changed it to be the opposite of Bayo.

I don't know, but it seems a little odd to me that a reboot of DMC occurs after Bayo's success... Could just be a coincidence though.

Also, anyone find it kinda funny that Kamiya said that he believes a Bayonetta sequel will happen shortly after DmC is revealed?

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/16/bayonetta-2-hideki-kamiya-believes-its-coming/
---
Go, Mayor Dobe! Use your talking to stop them! No effect. Galbadians all have 100 Reasoning and 100 Logic junctioned to 2x Stat-Def. LPFF8
#2mr369248Posted 9/17/2010 6:59:27 AM
I don't think so. The reboot was because sales were apparently not good enough in the west so they decided to give it a western touch to appeal to us westerners and this is the final product of this touch.
#3Glasses_GuyPosted 9/17/2010 7:52:39 AM
Ok Devil May Cry.... Show me on the doll where the mean devs touched you. *Gasp* In your western areas! UNACCEPTABLE!!
---
Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, and I shall smite you with unholy magic! -- Grimoire Weiss
#4Eurashal(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 10:22:14 AM

I don't think so. The reboot was because sales were apparently not good enough in the west so they decided to give it a western touch to appeal to us westerners and this is the final product of this touch.

But that confuses me, weren't DMC4's Western sales greater than Eastern sales? Or am I thinking of something else?
---
Go, Mayor Dobe! Use your talking to stop them! No effect. Galbadians all have 100 Reasoning and 100 Logic junctioned to 2x Stat-Def. LPFF8
#5NuuTypePosted 9/17/2010 10:27:43 AM
I was actually thinking the exact same thing TC.

I just dont know why they dont just give back Kamiya his DMC =( he would SLAY it. By now he wouldnt want to touch it with a 20 foot pole "im good with my Bayonetta lol" he would say

---
"Encounters are always abrupt."
#6mr369248Posted 9/17/2010 10:40:00 AM
But that confuses me, weren't DMC4's Western sales greater than Eastern sales? Or am I thinking of something else?

You should check the ps3 dmc4 board, it should probably have a topic about it somewhere.