Do you think that the reboot was a response to Bayonetta's critical success?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Do you think that the reboot was a response to Bayonetta's critical success?
5 years ago#1
Say what you want about Bayo's story and all, but you have to admit Bayonetta had some damn impressive gameplay.

I have the feeling that DmC is a response to Bayonetta, although I'm not sure why they'd reboot and redesign a popular franchise.

Maybe Capcom noticed that some people avoided Bayonetta because it was "too girly and/or cheesy" so they took DMC and changed it to be the opposite of Bayo.

I don't know, but it seems a little odd to me that a reboot of DMC occurs after Bayo's success... Could just be a coincidence though.

Also, anyone find it kinda funny that Kamiya said that he believes a Bayonetta sequel will happen shortly after DmC is revealed?

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/16/bayonetta-2-hideki-kamiya-believes-its-coming/
---
Go, Mayor Dobe! Use your talking to stop them! No effect. Galbadians all have 100 Reasoning and 100 Logic junctioned to 2x Stat-Def. LPFF8
5 years ago#2
I don't think so. The reboot was because sales were apparently not good enough in the west so they decided to give it a western touch to appeal to us westerners and this is the final product of this touch.
5 years ago#3
Ok Devil May Cry.... Show me on the doll where the mean devs touched you. *Gasp* In your western areas! UNACCEPTABLE!!
---
Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, and I shall smite you with unholy magic! -- Grimoire Weiss
5 years ago#4

I don't think so. The reboot was because sales were apparently not good enough in the west so they decided to give it a western touch to appeal to us westerners and this is the final product of this touch.

But that confuses me, weren't DMC4's Western sales greater than Eastern sales? Or am I thinking of something else?
---
Go, Mayor Dobe! Use your talking to stop them! No effect. Galbadians all have 100 Reasoning and 100 Logic junctioned to 2x Stat-Def. LPFF8
5 years ago#5
I was actually thinking the exact same thing TC.

I just dont know why they dont just give back Kamiya his DMC =( he would SLAY it. By now he wouldnt want to touch it with a 20 foot pole "im good with my Bayonetta lol" he would say

---
"Encounters are always abrupt."
5 years ago#6
But that confuses me, weren't DMC4's Western sales greater than Eastern sales? Or am I thinking of something else?

You should check the ps3 dmc4 board, it should probably have a topic about it somewhere.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Do you think that the reboot was a response to Bayonetta's critical success?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived