The Hair...

#1LuffypwnsNarutoPosted 9/17/2010 2:23:58 PM
If you rewatch the trailer you can see that there is some white hair behind the head of Dante could this mean that at some point in the game this new Dante would end up with an appearance similar to a DMC3 Dante (which makes sense since DMC3 Dante is in MvC3.)
---
GENE FOR MVC3! DRAGON KICKING ASSES INTO THE MILKYWAY!
Duke Nukem may be the single most fratcore game franchise ever produced. - An idiot
#2BerserkNinjaPosted 9/17/2010 2:24:41 PM
It's not just the hair.
#3wwinterj25Posted 9/17/2010 2:31:39 PM
Dante was born with white hair.

However been as this is nothing to do with the old Dante chances are his hair will turn white. Kinda strange.....
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#4Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/17/2010 2:35:50 PM
Dante was born with white hair.

People have to stop saying this. Learn what retcons are...
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#5LuffypwnsNaruto(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 2:40:26 PM
It's not just the hair.

This topic was only adressing the hair, which people say is black, which is true, but the is a small amount of white hair too. If you want to get technical the other major change would be his body, which is boney, as apposed to Dante being masculine.

Also, this is a teaser about a guys who calls himself Dante, has some white hair, and fights monsters which is all we know. However, certain parts in this trailer shows Dante being tortured(experiments?) and maybe he was just a normal guy(which explains the black hair), but because of the experiments Dante begins to develope powers and white hair. His body appears to be meek because of the experiments/torture he endures. Perhaps they want us to hate the new Dante at first but as his hair becomes whiter and his body becomes tougher(it should considering DMC has a lot of fighting) he'll start to act more like the original Dante.
---
Duke Nukem may be the single most fratcore game franchise ever produced. - An idiot
#6wwinterj25Posted 9/17/2010 2:44:49 PM
As I said Dante was born with white hair and no I won't stop saying it because it's true.

This doesn't matter though as this game has nothing to do with that Devil May Cry.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#7Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/17/2010 2:55:13 PM
As I said Dante was born with white hair and no I won't stop saying it because it's true.

That doesn't mean it cannot be retconned.

This doesn't matter though as this game has nothing to do with that Devil May Cry.

Speculation.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#8LuffypwnsNaruto(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 2:55:18 PM

Ofcourse SoS(Son of Sparda)Dante was born with white hair, but this is a reboot and a different cannon from what we know. However, TS(test subject)Dante starting off with black hair that slowly turns into white hair matches the definition of a reboot since it really does show that they are trying to make this seperate from the main cannon.
---
#9anu8i5Posted 9/17/2010 3:03:30 PM

if it's a prequel I would love it, but if it really is a reboot then they should keep him different from the other Dante

#10CompetitiveEdgePosted 9/17/2010 3:17:02 PM
If it's a prequel I would hate it because that guy can never become the real Dante, the difference is far too great.

If it's a reboot, which is more than likely, then they need to find a new name and title because you don't jeopardize a popular preexisting series by experimenting with bold new ideas; that's what new IPs are for.
You test the waters with a new game; you improve on a series...or maybe they're just trying to be the new Square Enix.