Discussion and reflection

#1Dark_EpathyPosted 9/17/2010 2:53:50 PM
I think we should try to foster some positivity here amongst all this nay-saying. Personally, I'm interested in seeing how the source material is handled. We see Dante imprisoned in the trailer, and a piece of promotional art floating around referenced a "Limbo City." I'd wager the story will be more psychological, and it could very well be that this Dante is wrestling with sins he may be looking to purge/atone for. Perhaps his hybrid nature, if it has been retained in this character, may be one such issue.

That may not seem very appealing to those put off by an "emo Twilight" Dante, but I think it could work if done well. If the game utilizes more material from the Divine Comedy, who knows what we'll see of new renditions of Vergil and possibly Beatrice (Trish).

I'm hyping myself up unwittingly, ha. : )

Any thoughts?
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#2StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 2:59:07 PM
Well, I think that the reboot will give another chance for some one-dimensional characters to finally develop into something. And since it's the series' entire cast we are talking about, no way can this be bad. Anyway, as long as gameplay doesn't doesn't turn out to be underwhelming this game will achieve success.

Most thoughts can be summed up as "BAWWWWWWW", however.
---
What is a man? A miserable pile of se.. SHUT UP I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE QUOTING THAT, ENOUGH ALREADY, HAVE AT YOU!
#3AFreebyPosted 9/17/2010 3:08:23 PM
It is the one dimensional characters that I loved in the old DMC's. Every character was a specific arch-type, and they didn't deviate from that path. I'm sorry but you will not get any positivity from me until they show us that this new 'Dante' is just as laid back, care free, and wise cracking as they original. If they try to add any layers of darkness, grit, or emotional trauma I will ignore the very existence of this travesty. I want a hero who will walk through the gates of Hell with a smirk on his face and a whatever attitude.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
#4StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 3:09:45 PM
And I don't...

I want a good game.
---
What is a man? A miserable pile of se.. SHUT UP I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE QUOTING THAT, ENOUGH ALREADY, HAVE AT YOU!
#5AFreebyPosted 9/17/2010 3:11:23 PM
Go play DMC1 then. No better action game has been made since it was released.
---
#6StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 3:11:54 PM
Uh, yeah. Welcome back to 2002.
---
#7AFreebyPosted 9/17/2010 3:13:47 PM
I know, its sad that DMC came out in 2001 and no one has been able to top it yet. DMC3 and Bayonetta came close, but they both lack the atmosphere and the brilliant enemy design the original DMC had.
---
#8StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 3:14:23 PM
LOL
---
#9AFreebyPosted 9/17/2010 3:15:21 PM
^I'm guessing you don't value creative design in your games then?
---
#10StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 3:17:46 PM
And I'm guessing you don't care about top-notch gameplay.

As for creative design, DMC1 as a whole has just as much as this one trailer.
---