Discussion and reflection

#11AFreebyPosted 9/17/2010 2:26:37 PM
The only games that were comparable to the original DMC in the gothic design department were Castlevania SotN and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. The act that you believe that this trailer has better design then any of those 3 games is ludicrous and tells me you jump on the bandwagon with games. You don't truly love the games themselves, you play for the quick entertainment thrill and then move on. I lent both DMC1 and DMC3 to my friend who never played the series before, and he decided to play them one after another. He came back to me and said "Man, these are great games and I can' believe I missed out on them when they were realeased, but number 1 was amazing. The details in that game set it above number 3 by a large margin." and that is the truth too. DMC1 has something that no other hack and slash action game has had since. It has a rich world, with wall that flow and move with demonic energy. The small details in DMC1 is what made it a success. The combat was improved with the sequels, but at the cost of what made the original as great as it was. The off the wall characters combined with a truly dark and gothic world.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
#12StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 2:31:12 PM
"Quick entertainment thrill"? Go tell this to Phantom Babies and TST participants.

As for the great design, refer to Gungrave and it's story of success.
---
What is a man? A miserable pile of se.. SHUT UP I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE QUOTING THAT, ENOUGH ALREADY, HAVE AT YOU!