Re-envisioning, Reboot: Either Way It Is Happening Too Soon

#1SonyOwnzSeattlePosted 9/17/2010 2:50:45 PM
Capcom really should have waited a few more years (or two sequels) before screwing with Dante's image. As far as I can see no one is opposed to the actual DMC game. However they would accept it if it were a new character.

It's all good since it's a different universe though. Original Dante won't be succeeded by this design, nor are the events canon.
---
ILLUMINUS
#2StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 2:53:20 PM
You can't see very far then, because after DMC4 was announced, fans have made it pretty clear that the series is now ruined forever with that new character.
---
What is a man? A miserable pile of se.. SHUT UP I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE QUOTING THAT, ENOUGH ALREADY, HAVE AT YOU!
#3SonyOwnzSeattle(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 3:31:38 PM
Whatever hate they have against Nero is forgiven.
---
ILLUMINUS
#4AFreebyPosted 9/17/2010 3:34:01 PM
I still hate Nero, but he is still far and away better then our new meth head hero. At least Nero has some connection with Vergil which makes him somewhat cool by default.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
#5RoxasANobodyPosted 9/17/2010 3:35:15 PM
Fans hate Nero's personality, but as far as design and story-wise, he's relevant now, and no one tends to hate on him anymore. Nero is a great character.
---
Represent ABDC | Poreotix
Currently Watching: www.youtube.com/user/DaijoubuQuest
#6occupation_bobPosted 9/17/2010 3:37:43 PM
People hated Nero because he took up a huge portion of the game and they wanted to play real Dante.

(And he was emo).
---
They say the new DMC is so horrible, that even a Dante May Cry.
#7StepswordsmanPosted 9/17/2010 3:47:32 PM
I actually kind wonder when should the series have restarted. Every single game have screwed up the storyline somehow. DMC1 - by being a failure, DMC2 - by sealing any hope for a continuation, DMC3 - by adding more useless characters and ruining Vergil, DMC4 - by making Nero his son (Vergil was 15 when he became a father). Sparda is either 2000 or 60+ years old, Dante and Vergil - either 2000 or 20-something. Looking good, obviously DMC universe still has a lot of potential at being an even bigger failure, we can't stop having more sequels with braindead storylines and characters!

If anything, this is the best time to throw away that useless crap and forget about it.
---
What is a man? A miserable pile of se.. SHUT UP I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE QUOTING THAT, ENOUGH ALREADY, HAVE AT YOU!
#8benjimarleyPosted 9/17/2010 3:48:29 PM
I also think it was a little soon for a reboot.
---
made you look
#9Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/17/2010 3:49:58 PM
It's all good since it's a different universe though. Original Dante won't be succeeded by this design, nor are the events canon.

Has not been stated.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#10Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/17/2010 3:51:43 PM
DMC3 - by adding more useless characters and ruining Vergil

wut
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?