The Capcom meeting that led to DMC.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. The Capcom meeting that led to DMC.

User Info: MusicMagicMyth

MusicMagicMyth
6 years ago#1
Capcom Guy 1: We need to make a new Devil May Cry.

Capcom Guy 2: The last one didn't do too well because we didn't advance the gameplay.

Capcom Guy 1: So you're saying we should try and make a great genre defining game?

Capcom Guy 2: **** no, that takes work. Let's do nothing to the core gameplay but change everything else.

Capcom Guy 1: You know what's popular now? Western developers. Let's have them make our game.

Capcom Guy 2: Great idea, because only western developers can make games that sell in the west.

Young Capcom employee: Haven't you make hundreds of millions of dollars in their market while making games how you want? I mean, I don't see Fallout: Mushroom Kingdom, I don't see killstreaks in Mario Kart, I don't see Metal Gears of War, maybe the problem is you.

Capcom Guy 1: The economy is bad right now.

Capcom Guy 2: Which sucks for you because you're fired.
I am whole mission against you today.
MGO: xMatin is dumbx

User Info: MusicMagicMyth

MusicMagicMyth
6 years ago#2
made*

Anyway, while it's too early to judge the gameplay I'm fairly certain it won't be that different. It may have a new gimmick as they all do but the reboot was definitely done to overshadow a game series that was unfortunately going nowhere.
I am whole mission against you today.
MGO: xMatin is dumbx
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. The Capcom meeting that led to DMC.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived