i LoL'd HARD when he said "deeper gameplay"

#1lunic7Posted 9/23/2010 12:48:46 PM
seen the GT interview?

anyone who dare say "deeper gameplay" on Kamiya's creation is totally full of dog diarrhea mixed with horse puke and gorilla piss

i'm pretty sure he's the first one who's got the guts to say that
#2Coolio2597Posted 9/23/2010 12:50:25 PM
All of the DMCs after 1 with the exception of 2 had deeper gameplay. Bayonetta and God of War have deeper gameplay than 1. No More Heroes 1 and 2 have deeper gameplay than 1. I would not be surprised AT ALL if this game had deeper gameplay.
---
Renan is back!
#3lunic7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 12:59:32 PM
it's not about the number in the series, it's the guy who's in charge of the tuning the play mechanics, i mean by comparison heavenly sword can't hold a stick against the free form crazy combo in DMC3,
#4lunic7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 1:07:43 PM
and tossing a car with a sword isn't exactly what i had in mind when thinking of DMC...
what is this grand theft auto?
#5ChickenfrogmanPosted 9/23/2010 1:42:52 PM
and tossing a car with a sword isn't exactly what i had in mind when thinking of DMC...
what is this grand theft auto?

Good god. Do you even know what Grand Theft Auto is?
---
First I intended to take his INFERNO DIVIDER and put it in a CARNAGE SCISSORS.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#6Squall28Posted 9/23/2010 1:43:04 PM
Play mechanics are much more important to me than "complexity."

A game like GoW3 has multiple weapons, dial up combos for each weapons, grapples, QTE finishers, a parry, and items like hermes boots. Sounds solid, but I've never hated playing any game as much as I hated GoW3. The play mechanics just flat out blow. I don't see how it gotten so popular.

Kratos has one of the worst jumps I've ever seen in a video game. He barely gets off the ground at all, and falls back down like a brick afterwards. And you have to time his double jump, wtf.

The enemies are either completely blown away by Kratos's blades, or they just tank it like the blades are made of paper. There's no middle ground, and it feels like there's no concept of "weight" in the game.

The targetting system is garbage. It feels like I'm spamming AoE moves and hoping the enemies get in range as opposed to me actually aiming at them. It plays more like D2 than a brawler.

The parry system timing is done so that you are awarded for parrying before an attack as opposed to "timing it just right."

As far as I know, there's no invincibility frames for his roll, and using the right analog stick to roll sucks because you have to move your thumb away from the face buttons.

The button mapping for magic and items suck. Making us "hold" various combinations to do different moves just feels awkward.

For me, if a game decides to be complex, it needs to nail the mechanics (Bayonetta for example) for it to be fun. Otherwise, I'd rather have something simple like Kingdom hearts.
---
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
#7Tameem_May_CryPosted 9/23/2010 3:47:45 PM
It will be deeper! As deep as Heavenly Sword!!
---
New DmC Inspiration video - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-devil-may/704979
#8Grey_WarderPosted 9/23/2010 3:51:17 PM
TC.... You know this, despite the fact that we know nothing of the gameplay in the game, right?

Riiiiiiiiight....
#9EzraGenesisPosted 9/23/2010 3:52:47 PM
What GTA game have you played where you can get a weapon and throw cars? 0_0
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple
I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
#10Grey_WarderPosted 9/23/2010 3:53:30 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Hulk Edition.