I think I just figured out something about the changes

#1TheOriginalMaxPosted 9/24/2010 3:41:56 AM
Dante has been pretty similar from 1 through 4.
So far in 4 he had the most drastic changes.
So I think I understand what Capcom is actually trying to do!

First it was Nero to take the spotlight, now this dude.
Why?
I think it's got more to do with vanity than anything else. The Capcom devs are so vain, they can't handle some character not being -theirs-, as in not their creation anymore(honor, getting money from someone else's work and such) so they try to off Dante as we know him so their character can take his place.
True, NT kinda owns this current Dante, which is exactly why Capcom are so facepalm worthy. Even then it's not theirs(Crapcom's, meaning it's not their creation).
Nero was, but like with MGS2, "surprisingly", people wanted Dante.
You know it's kinda like with a child. They stubbornly just refuse and refuse and even when the adult asks for a specific thing, the child doesn't want to show it. Kinda like asking a macaroni picture of an owl, yet the child insists on making a snake. Once the adult says the snake wasn't what they wanted, but they wanted an owl, the child proceeds to make a car.
It was very much the same with Nero and it backfired. Now Crapcom honestly think they're going to pull a fast-one over our eyes by saying "but hiz hear chaengz!"
Well would they be kind enough to address all the other drastic changes?
I honestly think not.
From my understanding, the whole idea of a reboot/retelling is to get out with the old and in with the new. So have they really offed Dante, as we know him, forever?
I sincerely hope not, and I sincerely hope NT won't be remaking all previous DMCs. Just put them in HD and fans will be happy.
I still don't get why put DMC3 Dante in MvC3 then... It's going to be very confusing to new people when they've got DmC with that guy and MvC3 with Dante.

Just something I made a theory about ^^
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#2Yuji KaidoPosted 9/24/2010 3:43:48 AM
Horatio ! There's semen in her ear !

Horatio: I guess she.....*puts on sunglasses*....heard her killer coming.
---
"Hell just got a little more crowded." *puts aways guns* - Zephyr, ROF
Loli's are not attractive. If you think they are you are a pedo. Period.
#3soul_assassin23Posted 9/24/2010 3:45:40 AM
They're just stupid. Capcom has been stupid for years now. I mean, look at SF4 compared to 3rd Strike. Or RE5 compared to RE4. Or Lost Planet 2 . . .
#4Yuji KaidoPosted 9/24/2010 3:53:02 AM
Lost Planet 2 online is fun. It just gets old after awhile.
---
"Hell just got a little more crowded." *puts aways guns* - Zephyr, ROF
Loli's are not attractive. If you think they are you are a pedo. Period.
#5TheOriginalMax(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2010 6:03:31 AM
Actually narcissism is one of the things that keeps companies the way they are.
Also there are characteristics that define how people act, so I thought it was a pretty interesting observation on what has been going on in the midst of Capcom.
Now if we take Platinum games into consideration as well, Bayonetta was a sort of "let us show you how it's done with just ONE character" to Capcom.
So now Capcom has gone on a childish revenge and trying to one-up Platinum games through shady ways, which indeed is getting a piece of the "5 million copies sold" thing through "westernization". All the while making a personal attack on the creator of DMC, who has indeed jumped ship.
Very interesting. Now if I could just talk with the people involved personally... Except Tameem. He's the type of person I wouldn't be able to NOT punch in the face especially with all the crap he's been spouting.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.