C/D: If this game is an Alternate Universe, you'd be ok with it.

#11Malus_X6Posted 9/24/2010 11:03:19 AM
STOP THINKING WE'RE FOCUSING ONLY ON THE HAIR!!

Most of us may not like it, but we moved past that. My complaint is that he looks like a bleedin' junkie altogether. If I wanted to play a game as a junkie, I'd play the Fallout games and get addicted to everything I could think of.

---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
PSN: LordMalus
#12Dahaka-UKPosted 9/24/2010 11:07:22 AM

If it wasn't called Devil May Cry I'd be happy with it.

#13Dahaka-UKPosted 9/24/2010 11:11:34 AM

_Brollarotto_ posted...
The hair colour thing... I don't know why people are complaining. He could very well be simply dying it. >_>;;

---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante; WoW: Zepheldir, Death Knight, Sporeggar EU

His entire appearence looks nothing like the Dante that was in DMC3. I don't know why your just picking out the hair.. -_-

#14Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/24/2010 11:44:02 AM

I heard about that and, IMO, it comes off as damage control since they even acknowledge the horrible fan feedback + some people are even more annoyed at it being a prequel since it steps over Canon by Dante's appearance alone (Black Hair, yet he was born with White hair + his voice sounds deeper than DMC 3 Dante, yet he's younger). It's also why I made the topic to a degree since some people dislike it being a prequel. If it wasn't a prequel and was just an AU, with no bearing on the current canon, would fans be more accepting of it?

That isn't damage control. They've been saying this since the beginning. They're simply answering questions. And stop bringing up his stupid hair. The only place that was even shown was outside of the games was the manga and anime(I think), and canon outside of the main medium of a story is always subject to change. I'm willing to bet majority of the DMC fans haven't even heard of a DMC3 manga or DMC anime. And how the heck does a voice interfere with canon? It's simply a voice. They change. It happens.

STOP THINKING WE'RE FOCUSING ONLY ON THE HAIR!!

Most of us may not like it, but we moved past that. My complaint is that he looks like a bleedin' junkie altogether. If I wanted to play a game as a junkie, I'd play the Fallout games and get addicted to everything I could think of.

Well, it's the main complaint. I don't see how he looks like a junkie. He just looks like he gets in a hell of a lot of scuffles. I bet half of you people don't even know what a junkie looks like and only say it because it's the "cool" thing to say now.

My complaints stretch beyond the hair (It's his overall look to me.), but that's just me, and Ninja Theory seems condescending by only going, "lol he haz white hair zomg!" in their interviews, as if to say that fans are only complaining about the hair, which isn't the case for a good majority.

They're not going to lay out Dante's character right after the first trailer. They just aren't. And you keep blaming Ninja Theory for Dante's "change," but it was Capcom who demanded it.

To answer your topic, Deny.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#15WingedRegent(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2010 11:47:12 AM
1. First off, I brought up the hair due to other fans complaining about the hair, As you later read, my complaints are beyond the hair.

2. They're not going to lay out Dante's character right after the first trailer. They just aren't. And you keep blaming Ninja Theory for Dante's "change," but it was Capcom who demanded it.

To answer your topic, Deny.

Oh I am fully aware it's Capcom's fault. I haven't ONCE personally blamed Ninja Theory. I brought up what they said in Interviews and I even read the interview where it was stated that Capcom TOLD them to go as far as they can to "make them angry" with Dante's character design. I don't see your point since some of your remarks took what I stated out of context and pretty much labelled things that weren't my opinion INTO my opinion i.e. the hair remarks + me blaming Ninja Theory. <_<
---
Co- Owner of Teams Demon and Saviour for the BT series.
Holder of the 500th post in the Naruto ODT for 1/19/08: Naruto vs. Sasuke.
#16Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/24/2010 11:53:05 AM

1. First off, I brought up the hair due to other fans complaining about the hair, As you later read, my complaints are beyond the hair.

You brought it up so I replied.

Oh I am fully aware it's Capcom's fault. I haven't ONCE personally blamed Ninja Theory.

You named Ninja Theory and not Capcom. They haven't been doing these interviews alone.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: Vash Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#17WingedRegent(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2010 11:56:04 AM

You brought it up so I replied.

Oh I am fully aware it's Capcom's fault. I haven't ONCE personally blamed Ninja Theory.

You named Ninja Theory and not Capcom. They haven't been doing these interviews alone.

1. Yet you still labeled it as my own opinion, which it wasn't as you read on.

2. Ninja Theory has been as vocal as Capcom in these interviews, so I named them. Does it mean I blame them? Nope. I'm just naming them since these are also some of the things they've said. If that caused the meaning to be mis-construed, I apologize, but I am more than aware that this is majorly Capcom's fault.
---
Co- Owner of Teams Demon and Saviour for the BT series.
Holder of the 500th post in the Naruto ODT for 1/19/08: Naruto vs. Sasuke.
#18Malus_X6Posted 9/24/2010 11:56:22 AM
Hvv, yes, I do know what a junkie looks like. I'm actually educated, unlike a bunch of people who frequent these boards. And yes, you have part of that bunch on your side too. From most of what I've seen, junkies, much like Robert Pattinson, tend to look very unclean. Most of the time, t hey ARE unclean. Mainly due to being too strung out to even have a single though as to what soap and water is.

---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
PSN: LordMalus
#19Quiksilver8080Posted 9/24/2010 12:05:03 PM
your right Hvv0l24n9, i just don't get some of these people. whats wrong with dante? he's the same dante from previous titles but with a younger punk rock look. i mean people look different when their young right? maybe he had bad style back than and changed his look...you'll never know yet until you play the game. as for the junkie remarks...what is a junkie to you guys? i bet you guys would look just like that if u were being tortured right!? plus he smokes so he's cool with me. ;D

---
"Colt Brennan and thee Hawaii Warriors are the real National Champs" (07/12/07)
The official CREDO The One-Winged Dark Knight of the DmC board