Devil May Cry Anime on Funimation Channel

#1neloangelo6661Posted 10/9/2010 8:19:09 PM
Didn't know it was on TV. Cuss words, blood, English voice actors, and everything. This is my Dante. The series wasn't all that great and only one season long but it's still better than this DmC crap.

Lol. Too much DmC hate. Can't help it. Ninja Theory completely destroyed one of my all time favorite characters. Even if the game turns out to be good, Dante still looks ridiculously ugly.
---
#2pigboyPosted 10/9/2010 8:35:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I have watched the DMC Anime probably 100 thousands times and still love it. I first got the DVD set and now got it on Blu-ray. Dante and his friends always give me the warm feeling and a sense of strong bonding between them. An awesome anime and I wish they will make another longer season.
#3CompetitiveEdgePosted 10/9/2010 11:05:42 PM
Honestly don't know anyone who actually gets that channel...
It wasn't in their on-demand section for Comcast, but I already watched most of it online anyway.

Didn't really get the overarching story with that circus-freak who was stalking Dante, but for what it's worth, it was still an entertaining show.
Would be nice to see a 2nd season, especially now that that Dante is out-of-commission for the time being.
#4occupation_bobPosted 10/10/2010 12:14:42 AM
I didn't know there was a Funimation channel.
---
They say the new DMC is so horrible, that even a Dante May Cry.
#5ZiggyStardust72Posted 10/10/2010 12:46:01 AM
Dante was kind of a darker, duller character in the anime. A lot of his wise cracking and partying didn't carry over.
---
"I've had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it." - Errol Flynn's last words.
#6Liquid_AcidPosted 10/10/2010 3:23:47 AM
One thing that bothered me a lot with the anime is that everything was a one bullet kill...All the action was just a fancy way of Dante killing everyone with one bullet!

Do some combos and use your Rebellion man! Also, for a series so heavily based on action, there wasn't much action in the anime!
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#7neloangelo6661(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2010 4:24:23 AM
I didn't know there was a Funimation channel either. I just got the Verizon Fios internet, TV, phone package. I was going through the guide when I saw Devil May Cry and was like "Wtf?".

I do agree that there wasn't much action in the anime but when there was it was pretty good but too short and Dante was a bit duller. It wasn't all that interesting either. Though I did enjoy the opening credits which was probably my favorite part and probably had more action than the entire series.
---
#8Liquid_AcidPosted 10/10/2010 6:03:50 AM
Well, the Abigail episode where Dante as on the cross with rebellion in his chest was cool...I wish there could of been more of a sword fight...Dante just whooped on Abigail without breaking a sweat...I wish the battle was a lot longer than Dante just destroying him....

I think I only enjoyed 3 episodes from the DMC anime. Trish/Lady encounter, The Episode where the guy with the blonde hair was following Dante around, and the last episode...
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#9demonfang178Posted 10/10/2010 7:59:01 AM
I didn't know there was a Funimation channel.

This.

Awesome job with advertising Funimation.
#10TheOriginalMaxPosted 10/10/2010 8:03:52 AM
The soundtrack is amazing! ^^
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.