The japanese game industry is dead

#1RellmonPosted 10/15/2010 2:24:46 PM
Seeing they turned one of the most badass gaming heroes into a Westerner's wetdream: an emo meth head. Wow
---
True hardcore gamers don't need Achievements/Trophies to be recognized as such!
#2Malus_X6Posted 10/15/2010 2:49:59 PM
You're basing the entire Japanese game industry on the stupid move of one dude? Yeah, Inafune's plan to hand NT DMC to see what they could do with it is so far the biggest bonehead move since letting Bush AND Obama in office. But come on. You still have SquareEnix and Nintendo and Sony and Sega. Yeah, chill out.

---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
PSN: LordMalus
#3sirlordravenPosted 10/15/2010 4:48:37 PM
Yeah pretty much. I mean mega man didn't have to go this far to crack out another sequel/series. They have played out series so bad in Japan that we must now take a beloved gamign character and make him a drug addict just to get people interested in him. What's next? Mario starts doing LSD while drinking and driving so that Mario Kart can be more interesting?

Just say no to drugs, and playing out franchises.
#4Malus_X6Posted 10/15/2010 4:57:42 PM

Yeah pretty much. I mean mega man didn't have to go this far to crack out another sequel/series. They have played out series so bad in Japan that we must now take a beloved gamign character and make him a drug addict just to get people interested in him. What's next? Mario starts doing LSD while drinking and driving so that Mario Kart can be more interesting?

Just say no to drugs, and playing out franchises.

Well, Mario DOES eat mushrooms and grows huge and extra violent, not to mention abusive towards turtles.

---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
PSN: LordMalus
#5Stink_NastyPosted 10/15/2010 5:00:32 PM
What game has the main character as a drug addict?
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#6Rinoa DestinyPosted 10/15/2010 5:06:34 PM
^ Pac Man. I mean, the guy does swallow some amazing pills to be able to eat those ghosts. Must be steroids. ;D
---
There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future. - VS
#7cgenteroPosted 10/15/2010 7:36:31 PM
"What game has the main character as a drug addict?"

Ever heard of the really awful and stupid game NARC for PS2 and Xbox?

---
God is Dead~Nietzsche, Nietzsche is Dead~God, Nietzsche is God~Dead
Love is creepy, Sex is disgusting
#8sirlordravenPosted 10/15/2010 7:50:01 PM

DMC. Haven't you been paying attention?
#9lokostilllPosted 10/15/2010 8:15:33 PM

I would say Max Payne. Not sure but I remember taking pain killers to restore my health.
#10myghostisdeadPosted 10/15/2010 8:23:22 PM
I just wonder what the side effect were of all those potions, hi-potions, etc. in RPGs....
---
kipsart.com
http://kzeor.deviantart.com/