It's upsetting...

#1Prince-NoctisPosted 11/26/2010 6:58:21 PM

It's upsetting the ammount of people who are going to avoid playing this game due to a silly little image change. I'm over trying to defend this game to all the shallow homophobes who think black hair means twilight. I can just laugh at you people while im enjoying a great game which is about the combat and the demon slaying and havings s**tloads of fun. That's what matters when you play a Devil May Cry game not how buff the character is or what hairstyle he's rocking or what he's smoking he's still gonna kick a*s.

So enjoy doing nothing on DMC's release date :D

#2Yuji KaidoPosted 11/26/2010 7:02:15 PM
K
---
"If we don't finish this quickly, it's gonna scar me for life." - Nero DMC4
Loli's are not attractive. If you think they are you are a pedo. Period.
#3dwarfkickerPosted 11/26/2010 7:08:25 PM
Dante looks like crap. Whoopity doo. Remember how much heat DMC3 got for Dante's design? As well as his DT design?

You have the silly haters that hate on the look. And then you have the "other" haters, who hate the company making the game. Ninja Theory doesn't make good games. They don't go above the level of "OK." The sales of their games speak for themselves, and the director's attitude, just another mark on his list of failures right alongside his boring games.
---
Stupidity is a disease that is only cured with a bullet to the head...or an education
#4EmeraldJazzPosted 11/26/2010 7:43:50 PM
It's upsetting the ammount of people who are going to avoid playing this game due to a silly little image change. I'm over trying to defend this game to all the shallow homophobes who think black hair means twilight. I can just laugh at you people while im enjoying a great game which is about the combat and the demon slaying and havings s**tloads of fun. That's what matters when you play a Devil May Cry game not how buff the character is or what hairstyle he's rocking or what he's smoking he's still gonna kick a*s.

I agree with you, but I can't resist...

http://www.myfacewhen.com/i/478.jpg
#5Malus_X6Posted 11/26/2010 8:23:03 PM
TC, get a clue. There's more to our hate than just a cosmetic change. Educate yourself, then try again. Well, educate yourself anyway. We's prefer you not try again because your failure make us all look bad.

---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
PSN: LordMalus
#6Angel_KarinkaPosted 11/26/2010 10:40:20 PM

I dislike the image because it's a farce. I'll still play it, yes, but just to examplify my facts once I start shouting at people at how Dante was sexiest in DMC3.

#7StrelokPosted 11/27/2010 1:13:40 AM
The visual change is one thing.
Then we have how, in the trailer, he acts nothing like Dante, with smoking, torture and apparently being imprisoned and tortured himself.

It's icon butchery and allowing it to happen sends a message to devs everywhere that they can keep producing mediocre games with little to no content and take a dump on established franchises with no regard to the fanbase.

They did something similar to Other M. Only there it wasn't a graphical change, but a change of Samus' personality, where she takes orders (wut? Samus never takes orders, she is a friggin bounty hunter!) and is... afraid of Ridley, and so afraid that she needs rescuing. (Wut? Every single time Samus met Ridley she kicked his ass, why would she ever be afraid of him?! Note that it takes place after Super Metroid too!)

They did something similar to Shadowrun. The entire universe was unrecognizable and the PR was about as good as that of Ninja Theory. That is to say, it's terrible and a mentally ill monkey with a wrench could produce better PR. I could make about 30 posts on how it's different from the original product, but suffice to say that NOTHING was correct, right down to the timeline (and how can you screw a timeline up!)

Now, both games have gameplay that's good and suitable enough (aside some frustrations with acquiring powers in Other M, seriously, why am I not allowed to use my heat-absorbing shields again until some random dude tells me I can and at that point I'm pretty much done with the place?!) but that doesn't mean they didn't piss off the fanbase the games were aimed at (supposedly) and both were ill received, with Shadowrun causing the dev to be shut down by Microsoft.

And now some tards are doing the same thing to Devil May Cry.
Will they never learn?

THAT is upsetting my friend. Not that people get upset when some people start pissing over their franchise.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://tinylink.in/2L1
#8mariosxPosted 11/27/2010 3:23:29 AM
Prince-Noctis posted...

Oh yeah?
What's there to enjoy?
This is NOT DEVIL MAY CRY as we know it.
First of all: The character design is way too different. Where's that cool guy who was eating pizzas? Oh there he is with the black hair and now he is smoking
Secondly: Did you ever expect Dante fightning with a weapon which is similar to Trident or Warhammer? Dante always faught with swords (Alistar), Gloves & Boots (BeoWulf), A music organ (like a Guitar or those roses from DMC4)
Thirdly: They also changed the gameplay. This is going to be some sort of Heavenly Sword. I have played Heavenly Sword and finished and to be honest I didn't like this mass-killing, the story was poor and was going through a loop "I've got to save her, save her and then dies"

Ninja Theory has already proved us how wrong is with games and none of her games was quite good.
So go, enjoy your fine piece of crap-game while we "mourn" of a fantastic game series ruined.
#9Zed7777ZR1Posted 11/27/2010 3:59:56 AM
TC's only concern is to mash the buttons and see some random messages popping up telling him he scored some points ...

i got this idea from him saying " its about demon hacking and ****load of fun " ... or something like that ...

while other fans play the game and appreciate greater details ...

i don't know much about the game but the previous topic pointing out Ninja Theory's failures is true ...

so everyone would absolutely hate the new design and combat system ...

i mean DMC4 took a swing down the wrong road when they made Nero a new hero ... which changed the combat system ... which DMC3 had it best ...

besides Dante getting tortured and whats not? seriously? a supernatural character getting prisoned and tortured? now unless an unstoppoable villan imprisoned him ... it will render this whole story idiotic ...

as it was shown in all installments of the series that Dante is unstoppoable ... so i can't wait to find out the details ...
#10neogenoPosted 11/27/2010 9:52:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]