It's upsetting...

#131Ether101Posted 12/21/2010 4:10:20 PM
Disney started with the princesses from fairy tales -_-

Those are fairy tales as well.

I'm merely telling you that, unlike what you claim, I CAN put myself in that position because I've been there. And even today I still suffer from slight "side effects" like a relative short fuse and being timid in large companies. However, i do NOT freeze up in a life or death situation. It's the total opposite.

And you keep digging the hole.

Guess that happened in the past. Nowadays institutions aren't as bad as they were in the 70's.

No it still happens because institutions aren't the right choice for every problem.

Face it, Samus' "panic attack" against a being she crushed in the earlier games, several times at that, would get her killed. Once this happens you should either retire, or seek professional help in getting rid of them. If you you'll get yourself, or others killed because your mind decides to tard out when lives are at stake. It's like being a surgeon with a ****ing hermophobia.
If you have so many emotional problems AND have panic attacks, for your own well being SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP! Else, even in a NORMAL environment, you can get people KILLED by your reactions!

You need to understand that what happened in Other M is a special case and shouldn't happen again.

It seemed a lot like itt.
You still didn't say why the word "racist" is there though. It makes no sense.

Because at lest half of the people who mindless complain about Other M blame it on the Japanese.

Then she should either seek professional help or retire altogether. She will get people killed.
And this is why I utterly loathe Other M. It's COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL on how Mercs work and how someone with emotional/mental problems works.

There you go again talking about things you don't understand, people that deal with this sort of thing have thrown in their two cents about how rational it was but you keep whining about how you're opinion is the only one that matters.

Someone who is THAT emotionally scarred should not, EVER, pick up a profession where you're confronted, DAILY, with extremely terrible events and situations. It's like giving a pyromaniac a barrel of gasoline and a box of matches.

But she isn't that emotionally scarred.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#132StrelokPosted 12/21/2010 11:13:36 PM
Those are fairy tales as well.
And significantly changed beyond recognition. In general, the stereotype is "is in a tower, needs rescue". Try to get my point already.

And you keep digging the hole.
Minor sideeffects doesn't mean a total lockup.

No it still happens because institutions aren't the right choice for every problem.

For a situation like this? YES THEY ARE! SEEK. PROFESSIONAL. HELP! YOU GET PEOPLE KILLED!

You need to understand that what happened in Other M is a special case and shouldn't happen again.

Special case? Dude, this isn't Samus' first adventure. She faced Ridley SEVERAL times. Her reaction was stupid, and made no sense considering where it took place in the timeyline. And yes, an abomination like Other M shouldn't happen again.

Because at lest half of the people who mindless complain about Other M blame it on the Japanese.
I've yet to see anyone do that. I wouldn't call those people racist, I'd call them stupid (although the two tend to be the same)

There you go again talking about things you don't understand, people that deal with this sort of thing have thrown in their two cents about how rational it was but you keep whining about how you're opinion is the only one that matters.

Again, I've experienced trauma. I know how it works because I've had it happen to me.
Again, mercs do NOT take suicidal orders. They'd either shoot you, or break the contract.
Again, locking up in a fight against a foe you defeated several times MAKES NO SENSE.

But she isn't that emotionally scarred.
Seeing how she nearly got herself and a friend killed from locking up completely... YES SHE IS!
And again you're contradicting yourself. Earlier she went through a lot and had severe emotional problems and now she doesn't?

**** this. Seriously. You aren't being consistent in your arguments. Right now I'll simply ignore further replies from you.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://tinylink.in/2L1
#133Heero-XPosted 12/24/2010 11:15:38 AM
Why Samus had that panic attack?....she gave the me more of the feeling of....-that little cute thing became Riley?!...wait a sec I work for Nintendo who also makes Pokemon....How many *Bleep* times do I gotta kill this bastard?! WTF are you people thinking to clone this guy?!

Other M- looked like a Metroid game played like a Metroid game even if Samus didn't want to be a glory girl cause she was all powerful just to give some respect.Team Ninja did a good job......

Ninja Theory when messing with another franchise.....STICK TO THE BASICS OF THE FRANCHISE CHARACTER!!! And WTF is Vergil since you are so called doing a "Prequel"? He should also have a playable story which should walk directly into DMC3(the Devil May Cry prequel).
---
---
2751-5567-0975 - SS-FC
#134hxcgrdhorrorPosted 12/25/2010 11:19:27 PM

It's more than a new model design to me. I can get over a new hair color, scrawny figure, and some smoking. This is a prequel after all. Dante could very well be dying his hair to fit in and interact with his current age group/society, beef up to his DM3 model, and quit smoking.

The problem I have is that the current developer, Ninja Theory, and its lead desiginer, Tameen seem to be completely inept to what DMC is about. According to them, Dante's look is outdated; DMC surrounds every idea behind the word "cool"; fashion, trend, music, and movies are the key inspirations of DMC; and apparently the fans have no say in what they believe DMC is about.

I've got news for these **** Devil May Cry was a unique experience from the start. How the hell can you modernize a character if you're making a prequel anyway? I suppose Dante started as a hip teen and slowly decided to make himself obsolete? This is assuming he was obsolete in the first place, which he isn't. Dante's character has a stand-alone style, different than anything else... well... ever seen? Why allude to a modern punk kid look when he already has the characteristics of a likeable person that any generation of gamer can enjoy?

If I ever met Tameen, I would, just for a moment, ignore that he pulled all those assumptions out of his ass and ask him what movies he believes inspired the creation of DMC. "Oh well, I think some Capcom devs watched Clash of the Titans and decided to make the opposite and... WOOPS, pooped my pants!" And sure, a lot of the things we see in DMC make us think "Wow, that was pretty cool," but most definitely not (or at least I hope not), "Wow, that was cool, it related to something I saw on MTV!" DMC equals "cool" only on it's own definition, not what's hip. And yes, the later games had some nu-metal music play during battle moments, but I doubt they saw it as a necessary key element to add.

Depicting from what I've seen with Tameen interviews, I gather he is a complete moron and is unconditionally uneducated on what he's dealing with. The fans even reacted to these interviews, more negatively than anything, and he just holds an "i don't care" in our faces from afar. Like I said, Dante's new look isn't my huge beef, as he can change his look when the adventure is done, but the outlook of the developers.

#135Ether101Posted 12/26/2010 9:28:55 AM
And significantly changed beyond recognition. In general, the stereotype is "is in a tower, needs rescue". Try to get my point already.

As are every Disney princess movie. You seems to not understand that there are very few of them that really have damsel in distress.

Minor sideeffects doesn't mean a total lockup.

The way that you're acting right now is a clear effect of what happened to you in the past.

For a situation like this? YES THEY ARE! SEEK. PROFESSIONAL. HELP! YOU GET PEOPLE KILLED!

No, instantiations are really only meant for people that might hurt themselves or others.

Special case? Dude, this isn't Samus' first adventure. She faced Ridley SEVERAL times. Her reaction was stupid, and made no sense considering where it took place in the timeyline. And yes, an abomination like Other M shouldn't happen again.

It makes perfect sense in to the premise of the game. All of Samus' emotional walls were coming down over the course of the game.

I've yet to see anyone do that. I wouldn't call those people racist, I'd call them stupid (although the two tend to be the same)

Then you're out of the loop or lying but either way refuting to a group of people in such away is racist.

Again, I've experienced trauma. I know how it works because I've had it happen to me.

No, what you're doing is assuming that your trauma is the same as everybody else. You're experiences only give you insight not absolute knowledge on how everybody deals with things.

Again, mercs do NOT take suicidal orders. They'd either shoot you, or break the contract.

Samus wasn't given suicidal orders in Other M. Samus isn't in danger when she enters Sector 3.

Again, locking up in a fight against a foe you defeated several times MAKES NO SENSE.

What makes you think that? You've never been able to back that comment up with anything other then whining.

Seeing how she nearly got herself and a friend killed from locking up completely... YES SHE IS!

No she isn't, you're trying to force childish views on the world.

And again you're contradicting yourself. Earlier she went through a lot and had severe emotional problems and now she doesn't?

No, what I'd was not be clear enough. There's a big difference what I was trying to say and how you took it.

**** this. Seriously. You aren't being consistent in your arguments. Right now I'll simply ignore further replies from you.

How am I being inconsistent? The only inconsistent arguments around here are you, first you act like you've played all of the games but when I suspect that you haven't you insult me because I have. Act like you have a understand the series and then proceed to say things that aren't true like Ridley is the weakest boss in the series. You complain about the story being weak despite the fact that four out of the five previous Metroid games have had weak stories. When you haven't been lying you've been spewing half trues and acting like your own experiences represent the norm of humanities even thou they clearly don't.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#136StrelokPosted 12/26/2010 11:14:56 PM
Summary as I really shouldn't be doing this:

1: She locks up in a fight to the death. YES she gets people injured! She nearly gets a friend *KILLED*. This calls for professional help to prevent this from happening. ANY merc who suffers from PTSD undergoes professional help as every merc understands a mentally unfit merc is a dead merc. Again. It. Makes. No. Sense.

2: You *ARE* bing inconsistent. First Samus is horribly mentally scarred. Then... she suddenly isn't when it suits your argument? Uhh... that isn't how things work. II'm not going to bother looking it up, look a page or two back yourself.

3: I never claimed to have played all the games. You, wrongfully, thought I did. However I don't think you ever played the NES or SNES Metroid as else you'd realize that Ridley *IS* the weakest boss in the series.

4: I never resorted to namecalling. You were on the other hand and outright (again, unjustified) called me a sexist. Don't worry, I would have loathes Samus' reaction to Ridley regardless of gender. Because the reaction makes no sense.

5: Yes Ridley is the weakest boss in the series. In the NES Metroid he hits the weakest and generally is killed first for the rocket upgrade (which is one of the best upgrades and you only need to kill a really weak boss to get it). Yes in other games he returns, sometimes stronger, sometimes weak as all heck. But Ridley is still the weakest boss in the series.

6: YES, Samus got suicidal orders. "Go into the really hot area that constantly saps your health until I deem it ok for you to use the upgrade that prevents this".
It's the equivalent of going through a gasfilled chamber to get a gasmask. It's suicidal.

7: I don't complain about a weak story, I say the story makes no sense because it doesn't. At this point in the timeline Samus already defeated Ridley at *least* two times. There is *NO* reason whatsoever to lock up. The monster from her childhood has been curbstomped twice already.
For the umpteenth time:
Mercs don't take suicidal orders (Guess what happens)
Mercs who are mentally unfit seek professional help to avoid dying in the field (hey, guess what almost happened)
This isn't "forcing my "childish" views on the world, it's how mercenaries are and act. It isn't a fun happy world they live in, but cruel, hard, ruthless and dangerous. Not being at peak efficiency and you *DIE*. Not being at peak efficiency and your combat brothers *DIE*. Taking suicidal orders and... well, they're called suicidal orders. FIll in the rest.

If you seriously want to carry on this stupid and meaningless "argument" contact me on AIM, TTripweed. I've had enough of this crap, you putting words in my mouth and you unjustly accusing me of things I never did.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://tinylink.in/2L1
#137Solid_BelmontPosted 12/28/2010 5:00:42 PM
Folds out lawn chair and opens bag of Doritos. "So uhh how is the whole Metroid discussion on a Devil May Cry board coming along??" takes sip of soda "Ohh my bad pardon my manners,Doritos anyone??"
---
Give me a PS3,a Gibson Les Paul,a Paul Chen and you'll never hear another pip outta me ;)
#138eclipse_phoenixPosted 12/28/2010 5:23:28 PM
^ as long as they're cool ranch, I'm game! :D
---
offically Larry Buts of the Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban board XD
#139hyper_trunkxPosted 12/29/2010 4:23:50 PM
yea..its all been said but i might as well say it again. ninja theory is gona ruin the series...bad track record, etc. there was absolutely no need for such a dramatic change in the characters appearance. dante was badass as he was. this younger more rebel drug addicted dante looks..well, dumb.

also...yes, the action and demon slaying is what makes it fun, but if uve been playing dmc since the 1st one came out, u should understand that dante made the game what it is today.