What's really so bad about new Dante...

#1TaizukuPosted 12/26/2010 8:39:17 AM
There doesn't really so bad about new Dante...he's pretty much the same. I mean it's funny cuz everyone says the new one's emo and stuff but the original Dante still seemed emo to me. Honest the new one seems like he'd be one of Dante's college buddies. I just don't see why the way the main character looks affects gameplay for you guys so much. His look is pretty unimportant in the long run...
---
Dubstep. That is all.
#2HidatsuPosted 12/26/2010 9:40:09 AM
Ninja Theory made two sub par action games. And now they're supposed to make the next DMC game, using the Unreal Engine, no less. That's what effects the gameplay, not Dante's look.

That said, unrelated to gameplay: this new Dante totally looks like a crack addict which I'm not digging.
---
"What's wrong? It looks like you swallowed a bug. Oh wait. You always look like that." -Jade, Tales of the Abyss.
PSN ID: Amarix
#3Malus_X6Posted 12/26/2010 11:28:52 AM
It's all about respect TC. If players don't respect a character for any reason, they won't play the game.

---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
PSN: LordMalus
#4Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2010 11:33:13 AM
Have you ever seen a real crackhead? He looks much better than a crackhead. Maybe a alcoholic. But the only reason you guys don't respect him is because of the way he looks, you know nothing about him. The only real difference between him and old Dante is the hair and voice...i mean physically, yea sure he looks less anime, but I don't think theres anything wrong with the character looking like someone you might actually see somewhere...and I can understand the Ninja Theory thing.
---
Dubstep. That is all.
#5EzraGenesisPosted 12/26/2010 12:35:06 PM
Have you ever seen a real crackhead? He looks much better than a crackhead. Maybe a alcoholic. But the only reason you guys don't respect him is because of the way he looks, you know nothing about him. The only real difference between him and old Dante is the hair and voice...i mean physically, yea sure he looks less anime, but I don't think theres anything wrong with the character looking like someone you might actually see somewhere...and I can understand the Ninja Theory thing.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/52/
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple
I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
#6Malus_X6Posted 12/26/2010 3:21:47 PM

But the only reason you guys don't respect him is because of the way he looks, you know nothing about him.

Neither do you.

---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
#7myghostisdeadPosted 12/26/2010 4:58:33 PM
Yes, I have seen real crackheads. Unfortunately my nephew died last year so I can't call him up. Not that I would want to, his mind was pretty much gone. He looked pretty much like this, dark around the eyes, skinny, sores on him, beaten, wrinkled, filthy clothing so yes, I can see what people mean when they say that.

I am with Malus, I have no desire to play as this character. The character was already established, why change it to something that the large majority of fans do not want?

If you think the original Dante looked emo....I don't get that at all.

There is no need for realism in DMC. The games have pretty much set the tone all along. To give it "brutal reality" is just one other step away from DMC. If they wanted something new, develop a whole new franchise and leave this one be.
#8Malus_X6Posted 12/26/2010 6:04:32 PM

Yes, I have seen real crackheads. Unfortunately my nephew died last year so I can't call him up. Not that I would want to, his mind was pretty much gone. He looked pretty much like this, dark around the eyes, skinny, sores on him, beaten, wrinkled, filthy clothing so yes, I can see what people mean when they say that.

I am with Malus, I have no desire to play as this character. The character was already established, why change it to something that the large majority of fans do not want?

There is no need for realism in DMC. The games have pretty much set the tone all along. To give it "brutal reality" is just one other step away from DMC. If they wanted something new, develop a whole new franchise and leave this one be.

Win! Sorry about your nephew though.

---
#9xenogearz88Posted 12/26/2010 6:54:58 PM

my condolences to your nephew and classic Dante. may their souls rest in peace while cursing Donte, Tameem, and Tameem supporters from beyond the grave.

---
my rational reaction to any and all of Tameen Antoniade's DmC interviews.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw
#10demonfang178Posted 12/27/2010 10:15:20 PM
What's really so bad about new Dante...

He looks like ass and you can tell a lot about a person, especially in a video game, by how they look/dress.