What's really so bad about new Dante...

#11Liquid_AcidPosted 12/27/2010 11:50:14 PM
Taizuku
Posted 12/26/2010 8:39:17 AM
message detail

There doesn't really so bad about new Dante...he's pretty much the same. I mean it's funny cuz everyone says the new one's emo and stuff but the original Dante still seemed emo to me. Honest the new one seems like he'd be one of Dante's college buddies. I just don't see why the way the main character looks affects gameplay for you guys so much. His look is pretty unimportant in the long run

You sound like those guys that defended Hayden Christianson/Jake Lloyd for portraying Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader...

---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#12No_one_specialPosted 12/28/2010 9:10:46 PM
Yes, I have seen real crackheads. Unfortunately my nephew died last year so I can't call him up. Not that I would want to, his mind was pretty much gone. He looked pretty much like this, dark around the eyes, skinny, sores on him, beaten, wrinkled, filthy clothing so yes, I can see what people mean when they say that.

I am with Malus, I have no desire to play as this character. The character was already established, why change it to something that the large majority of fans do not want?

If you think the original Dante looked emo....I don't get that at all.

There is no need for realism in DMC. The games have pretty much set the tone all along. To give it "brutal reality" is just one other step away from DMC. If they wanted something new, develop a whole new franchise and leave this one be.

**** man, that's screwed up. I'd give you a hug, because anyone who has a dead relative due to drugs needs a good hug. My sympathies, my friend.

On topic:

What's bad about the new Dante?

Besides the fact that he makes Edward Cullen look like Rambo?
---
"20 bucks says none of you dumb white people can kill me!" - Eric Nally
#13myghostisdeadPosted 12/29/2010 9:05:29 AM
Thanks guys. It has been a hard year. He was so close to my age it was like he was a little brother. It was the first Christmas ever the entire family did not get together. But yes, on topic.

You can see why I don't like this look and yes, he does look like an addict and the smoking is just a stupid addition. The idea that he is skinny and beaten then goes to DMC3 in just a couple of years is beyond belief. The look in teaser is not of a young boy that has had a hard life. This looks like a skinny much older man ( to me in his 30's or 40's) and that voice.....

It is just a bad character design all around. It has no youth to it other than the CG poster. It is like they are good at textures but actually character design, no.

If this were an all new game, not related to DMC at all then I could see this direction from a new franchise. BUT, since we already have an established character with established physical characteristics and attitude that they are changing to 'westernize' the franchise is what most fans do not want. Personally in the teaser I have seen nothing that resembles DMC or Dante. The closest I can see is it is a guy fighting 'things' ( things that don't attack it seems) but even those things look like robots.

Not a lot to get excited about in the teaser for a DMC game to me and the interviews did nothing to assure me they are going in a direction I want to play.

Notice I did not even touch on the game play concerns based upon Ninja Theory's previous game output.
All we can do is wait and see but I hope their next teaser shows something to get fans excited. Again, I have my strong doubts. I just cannot feel positive at this point.
#14lennethsokiPosted 12/29/2010 4:52:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15Endless_NightPosted 12/30/2010 8:04:16 PM
Why not all of us just stop and agree that Donte is modeled after Tameen. From what I can see from past interviews of him, that's practically how he looks, except he don't look so much like a druggie.
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#16akira_hisyamPosted 12/30/2010 8:16:53 PM
this new dante seem like psycho maniac killer or mad man break out from something call asylum limbo and kill everything he saw even a demon just walking around park doing nothing and he slash that demon from behind! yup that scary
#17lokostilllPosted 12/30/2010 8:35:33 PM
Have you ever seen a real crackhead? He looks much better than a crackhead. Maybe a alcoholic. But the only reason you guys don't respect him is because of the way he looks, you know nothing about him. The only real difference between him and old Dante is the hair and voice...i mean physically, yea sure he looks less anime, but I don't think theres anything wrong with the character looking like someone you might actually see somewhere...and I can understand the Ninja Theory thin>>>

I gotta say, I was one of the few mis-fortunate bunch that actually bought Enslaved. I figured it would be another brainless action type of game because the main character looked like he was on steroids. Shame on NT for proving me wrong! By the time I finished Enslaved, I had such an emotional attachment to the game itself that I wish it wouldve sold more because I need a sequel!
#18lokostilllPosted 12/30/2010 8:49:01 PM
Yes, I have seen real crackheads. Unfortunately my nephew died last year so I can't call him up. Not that I would want to, his mind was pretty much gone. He looked pretty much like this, dark around the eyes, skinny, sores on him, beaten, wrinkled, filthy clothing so yes, I can see what people mean when they say that.>>

Im sorry for your loss but if you're telling me gaming should not portray real life at all we would be stuck with Mario Bros. 223. Darkness around the eyes does not automatically mean you're a drug addict. One of my best friends has circles under his eyes but he dont smoke or drink. He's only 22 but he has a stressful personality, worrying bout the simplest things.I would think a Character being part of and surrounded by ev il is stressful enough. Point is stress makes you look rugged and not drugs (not that im approving drugs, just say no).
#19smithkakarotPosted 12/31/2010 7:17:46 AM
Im sorry for your loss but if you're telling me gaming should not portray real life at all we would be stuck with Mario Bros.

You say that like SMB is a bad game.

---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#20myghostisdeadPosted 12/31/2010 9:27:28 AM
But that is just it. A step further away from the original Dante and original franchise. DMC was never based in reality. Dante is half demon, he fights demons. That is not reality, that is a fantasy world. If I wanted to play a reality based game I'd play a sports game or a driving game. DMC has always had fantasy injected into it.

No, dark circles does not automatically mean drug addict but I do see what fans mean by it due to what I have seen. Dark circles can be from lack of sleep or hereditary. The thing is, Dante never seemed stressed before in the games. He seemed quite the opposite and if we are going the heredity route, the circles were not there either unless he used concealer all this time.