Why Capcom isn't using the new Dante in MVC3?

#11YoshioKSTPosted 2/10/2011 2:31:53 AM
But what about DMC3's 2 pages worth of reviews (on this site)going mostly 8, 9 and 10? I've long believed it to be the fan favorite, while 4 didn't get quite as much love or praises, am I wrong?._.
---
Heroes don't need plans...just lots upon lots of HP
#12LordDamien27Posted 2/10/2011 2:35:03 AM
They would have used it as a testing ground for the new version or familiarise people with it or at least be an alternate costume, they are using Jill's RE5 outfit although her RE1 or RE3 are more famous.

They know they blew it with this one, thats why we are not seeing or hearing anything about this emo since the his debut 5 months ago

This. MvC3 would've been the perfect time to try and ram the new "Donte" down people's throats, however, they saw the reaction from the DmC trailer and were like "oh ****".
---
Emo girls want to kiss emo boys, but emo boys just want to kiss other emo boys. - Gamerkyle
#13_Uwye_Posted 2/10/2011 2:46:25 AM
Frankly I think DMC3 Dante is more known than the other incarnations thanks to the combo clips you can find around. A lot of people watched those even without ever touching the game.

"Also, it was at a time when there weren't many good games out at the time so everyone was all over DMC4..."

The same could be said for DMC1, to be honest. At the time the PS2 library was awful.

Also, DMC3 probably sold the less because people were burned with DMC2.
#14Liquid_AcidPosted 2/10/2011 3:09:01 AM
^ Pretty much....But at the time, I was like 11-12 and didn't have the cash like I do now...So I'm not too familiar with all of that

But but but Tameem said that it had great music, fashion, great music, look so stylish, and great music! And it took elements of popular culture and movies and incorporated it into DMC1! hahahaha
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#15zavius2Posted 2/11/2011 4:03:42 AM
I thought DMC 3 was the most popular. That sales figure really got me dumbstruck! What Happened???

I personally like DMC 3 the best in the series. The combos are the fastest, huge weapons selection, ridiculous over the top action and arguably the best story and soundtrack.

Do most people actually disagree with me?
#16bobbysjobyPosted 2/11/2011 7:58:22 AM
DMC 1 is in a class of it's own, leagues above its bigger budget half assed sequels
#17myghostisdeadPosted 2/11/2011 8:09:21 AM
I figure it is because they started working on it earlier before the NT Donte was set and did not know where that was going and it was created by another division of Capcom and not enough communication. I also guess that it was created by another division of Capcom that seems to like and know that fans like Dante.
#18vhunter14Posted 2/11/2011 1:57:53 PM
No putting that abomination in my marvel vs capcom would kill that so hard, I'd play it still but i'd be ashamed of seeing such thing on my screen.
#19Malus_X6Posted 2/11/2011 2:06:26 PM

No putting that abomination in my marvel vs capcom would kill that so hard, I'd play it still but i'd be ashamed of seeing such thing on my screen.

But wouldn't beating the crap out of it be worth it?
---
"Oh yeah? I HAVE lived a little. And you know what? IT FREAKIN' SUCKED!!" -Me, to my friend when getting me to do something stupid.
PSN: LordMalus