A few logic tests

#1LordDamien27Posted 2/11/2011 3:56:43 AM
I'm just bored so let's try looking at the decisions leading up to this game. Just present a situation then present some options and we'll see what sounds the most logical.

Let's start.
Your a japanese videogame developer.
You want to make a new installment of one of your most popular franchises.
You want it to sell 5 million.(over twice as much as any other game in the series and only 1 of your games has ever broken that mark)
You also want to give the main character a new look.

Now, for starters, what will you decide on developing your game:
A)Give your well-known franchise over to a western company and trust them to redesign your franchise for a western audience.
B)Make the game in-house, thus possibly alienating the detractors of your last game more.
C)Hand your franchise over to another eastern company which houses the original creator of the series and has had recent success with a similar game.
D)Ask the fans what they want from the game and try to appease them.
E)Lower your sales expectations and then go with A,B,C, or D.
F)Other(explain)
---
Emo girls want to kiss emo boys, but emo boys just want to kiss other emo boys. - Gamerkyle
#2Liquid_AcidPosted 2/11/2011 4:49:52 AM
5 million copies....

Ummm put it all on every platform!

Wii version, PS3 version, 360 version, PSP version, DS version, PC version, Iphone version, etc...

Maybe....MAYBE it will sell 5 million...if they are lucky...
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#3LordDamien27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2011 6:03:26 AM
Yep 5 million plus

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dmc/69773-capcom-dmc4-sales-not-enough-wants-5-million.html
---
Emo girls want to kiss emo boys, but emo boys just want to kiss other emo boys. - Gamerkyle
#4LordDamien27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2011 6:04:31 AM
I was a little off, they have 3 that have broken it, counting all of the console versions of RE4 and RE5
---
#5QadamantPosted 2/11/2011 8:18:40 PM

i like choice c

#6Malus_X6Posted 2/11/2011 8:41:59 PM
Hmmm... C is obviously the best choice.
---
"Malus is the only reason I didn't unfavorite this board after realizing it was for the PS3." -SenorGauntlet
PSN: LordMalus
#7Darren_dapimpPosted 2/11/2011 10:20:23 PM
i'd go with E then C as if i expect loxer i'll be more surprised if i sell more and i'd also make sure to get back all the VA's
---
Greatness has now entered the ring. Thank you very much. You may bow at will-Randy Orton Bad Blood 04
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/Jaden2045/Daz.jpg
#8Stink_NastyPosted 2/13/2011 12:35:29 AM
Even if you go with C, it's not like that developer has had so much success in the sales. Bayo and Vanquish didn't get close to 5 million at all. The real logical answer would be reduce the number of copies you are hoping to sell.. OR if you want it to sell a lot, make it an FPS.
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#9Stink_NastyPosted 2/13/2011 12:36:26 AM
I apologize I guess my answers would be E than F.
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#10LordDamien27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2011 4:16:30 AM
Ok, second test, assuming that you went with A and not E then C.

The company you hired to cater to the western audience unveils what they've done so far with a teaser trailer. This trailer is met with much ire from the demographic you were trying to appeal to. The main focus of this unwanted reaction is the re-design of the main character of the well known series. And the developer you hired has said to the press that they simply do not care about what the audience they are trying to cater to wants.

Do you...

A) Continue forth with the developer despite them not caring about doing the job that you specifically hired them to do(i.e. cater to the western audience)
B) Force the developer to change the design to something more akin to the previous installments.
C) Take development away from the western company and hire a different one(either western or eastern)
D) Poll the fans reactions to get an accurate reading on whether or not the initial reaction was as widespread as claimed then continue with A,B, or C
E) Drop your sales expectations then continue with A,B,C, or D
F) Other (explain)
---