The "prison" scene

#1zavius2Posted 2/12/2011 11:24:35 PM
Something just crossed my mind when I was typing a reply to a comment in a DMC-reaction-video on YouTube.

The new Dante was actually GOT BEATEN AND CAUGHT! I know it's not new but let me explain...

Nobody is supposed to be stronger than Dante in his human form except Vergil. So, the person who actually caught Donte might as well be Vergil. If it's not Vergil, and he turned out to be caught by some random character other than the final boss, basically this Donte is not only a black haired, skinny, English, emo, crack addicted, NT creative supervisor copy, but also a total weakling. Although I know I might be wrong.

I mean..Dante...got beaten, put in a prison and interrogated??? I don't think even before he got his devil power he is that weak.

Has everyone realize this or am I the only one who think this way?
#2Malus_X6Posted 2/13/2011 12:25:59 AM
I think a bunch of us have had that same thought, more or less.
---
"Malus is the only reason I didn't unfavorite this board after realizing it was for the PS3." -SenorGauntlet
PSN: LordMalus
#3ezekial45Posted 2/13/2011 1:04:32 AM
Keep in mind that this is a younger Dante who's abilities are still developing. This is what the game is all about, an origin story.
---
Would you kindly......
#4Stink_NastyPosted 2/13/2011 1:19:51 AM
^ you have a valid point my friend, but what this poster is debating is something that has been debated since the beginning of this board. It's impossible for Dante to be vulnerable in any point of time. Newly born baby Dante it stronger than any human being in the universe, an he was just born awesome.

You think what I said is ludicrous, but I swear someone actually made that argument when this game came out.
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#5LordDamien27Posted 2/13/2011 6:09:20 AM
Not to mention in DMC1 he talks about how "Even as a child I had powers"
---
Emo girls want to kiss emo boys, but emo boys just want to kiss other emo boys. - Gamerkyle
#6bobbysjobyPosted 2/13/2011 8:09:36 AM
maybe they wont be boring and have weakass villains far from dantes league this time around

dante hasnt even had a worthy challenge since dmc 1, yet another example of how lame the sequels have been (dmc 3 is a prequel)
#7zavius2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2011 9:09:22 AM
What are you talking about? We got Vergil as a villain for 3 and the fact that he ahsn't got any worthy challenge is because he is that strong. Another reason why we love Dante.
#8myghostisdeadPosted 2/13/2011 9:19:16 AM
MY guess in this game they are making him a weak kid that has some weird powers like he sees demons that are not seen by others and people think he is crazy. Maybe he attacks them ( they sure don't seem like they attack him in the teaser) and he gets picked up for running around screaming and making a fool of himself.... He is probably thought of as a danger to himself besides others with all his boo boos and stuff so he is chained.
Why they are asking his name really makes no sense unless they think he is truly nuts and he gives them another name or it was done just for shock value in the teaser.

We have got to keep in mind this isn't the same Dante. He is a new guy with just his name they are replacing him with so he can be as fragile mentally and physically as they want to make him.

They are probably going to make his powers show up at puberty or something like that and what he said in the previous franchise doesn't matter. It would be an easy way to create a slower game with shallow game play and say it is part of the story because he is not full powered.
#9ezekial45Posted 2/13/2011 10:03:39 AM
-- Stink_Nasty
^ you have a valid point my friend, but what this poster is debating is something that has been debated since the beginning of this board. It's impossible for Dante to be vulnerable in any point of time. Newly born baby Dante it stronger than any human being in the universe, an he was just born awesome.

You think what I said is ludicrous, but I swear someone actually made that argument when this game came out.

Perhaps he didn't develop his invulnerability till later. I can understand that they said he had powers at an early age, but did they clearly say that he was invulnerable as a child?

If they said he just has powers and kept it vague, then i don't see what the problem is. That was one of the aspects of DMC3, embracing your heritage, and understanding who you are. Hell, you didn't get the DT till about 6-7 missions into that game.
---
Would you kindly......
#10Malus_X6Posted 2/13/2011 10:33:21 AM

If they said he just has powers and kept it vague, then i don't see what the problem is. That was one of the aspects of DMC3, embracing your heritage, and understanding who you are. Hell, you didn't get the DT till about 6-7 missions into that game.

It took him that long to DT because he didn't go through the same crap as Vergil did.
---
"Malus is the only reason I didn't unfavorite this board after realizing it was for the PS3." -SenorGauntlet
PSN: LordMalus