A Devil May Cry Movie?

#1cgenteroPosted 2/28/2011 6:11:52 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033032?refCatId=13

From the same people who made the Resident Evil movies.
---
Love is creepy, Sex is disgusting
#2myghostisdeadPosted 2/28/2011 7:03:27 PM
Yeah, I saw that. Reuben Langdon said after the teaser for DmC that he expected this. I guess we will see a live action Donte?
#3Malus_X6Posted 2/28/2011 7:10:15 PM
Paul W.S. Anderson better not be involved. He ruined the Resident Evil movies if you ask me.

Uwe Boll better not know about this either.

---
"Malus is the only reason I didn't unfavorite this board after realizing it was for the PS3." -SenorGauntlet
PSN: LordMalus
#4myghostisdeadPosted 2/28/2011 7:14:35 PM
God just don't start him as Donte. Let it be an adult Dante and we see snippets of his past.
#5Wolf_TorrentPosted 2/28/2011 7:47:07 PM
There is a chance the movie will be passable. Hell, I might even enjoy it for what it is if it doesn't wind up utter garbage. FF: Spirits Within = nice spiritual/scifi feel, but not an FF. Resident Evil: Extinction? Freakin' hilarious, but not worthy of being associated with RE. DMC movie? Best chance, I think, is if they CGI that sucker.

Sadly, in order to appeal to the masses, the fans are likely to get shafted regardless. Video game movies rarely work. Fact. The nuances of the subject matter'll fly over Average Joe's head if the screen writer caters to fans, and fans will rage if the movie is dumbed down for the masses.

Like everything else, I'll just wait and see was happens.
#6wolf riderPosted 2/28/2011 7:48:40 PM
The only way this could be worse if it was directed by and starred Tameem.
---
If The Bouncer was released in this day and age it would probably get perfect scores from every reviewer.
#7Stink_NastyPosted 2/28/2011 8:52:38 PM
You know what? I don't think it will be a good movie, I'm expecting it will be a shade lower than an Underworld production (mind you I like those movies, even though I think they are crappy).
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#8Malus_X6Posted 2/28/2011 8:56:55 PM

Best chance, I think, is if they CGI that sucker.

Perhaps in a way like they did for Beowulf.

---
"Malus is the only reason I didn't unfavorite this board after realizing it was for the PS3." -SenorGauntlet
PSN: LordMalus
#9Stink_NastyPosted 2/28/2011 8:58:12 PM
^ Hopefully a lot better, I agree with the CGI statement.
---
Official Vergil of the DmC boards. -PSN: mdelrio344 XBL: Stinkk Nassty34
#10Wolf_TorrentPosted 2/28/2011 9:36:01 PM
Hey, CGI is no cure for suck. Just saying it's the movie's best hope for mediocrity.