DMC rumors- overheating guns, etc

#111FrostDancer289Posted 6/12/2011 11:45:09 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
>How am I flaming anyone?
Your modded message perhaps?

>The gameplay trailer has proven it's DMC style. Get passed the looks of dante, that's the only problem I have with some people here.
It's DMC "style" as in "alike" but it's not DMC. And it's not the look that's the most important thing here, nor what people are most complaining about.

>It's like people complaining about Ninja Gaiden 3 claiming it has QTE's which it doesn't.
QTEs are predetermined animation sequences that are activated from a press of a button. Now NG3 doesn't have BAD QTEs with the extra slashes, it's just that it slows down the combat A LOT. And the "back-and-forth" camera made me, for instance, dizzy.

>none of you guys have valid complaints really
Wow. So going by what we've seen so far is no basis for creating our arguments? What are you now, a dictator determining what is and what isn't a valid complaint? On what grounds? Honeslty you haven't exactly won me over to believe you're in any position to be telling OTHERS they don't have valid points. If you want to go down that road you have zero valid points protecting this game. The gameplay is unfinished? Ok, but so far, what we've seen, it isn't good and a lot of people are telling YOU and people LIKE YOU, who keep trying to snuff out the complaints because they can't handle criticism, this but you're just refusing to admit that they have differing opinions than you.

For instance: So far I haven't seen a single thing that I like about this game. The combat is clunky, it seems dumbed-down, it's slower, I don't like the graphics, I don't like the animations/lack of mocap, I don't like the "art" style chosen and I don't like the enemy models. These are all valid complaints. For them TO BE VALID doesn't mean you have to agree with them.
People like you are honestly the worst thing to happen to boards, you keep trying to moderate what others say and keep being condescending with comments like "not valid". Get off your high horse. I don't see anything that says you know any better than anyone else here and you're IN NO POSITION to be telling others if their opinions and points are valid unless you want to be called out on spewing that BS everywhere.

>which you can't at this stage until more gameplay videos comes out or until you actual play it
This is utterly ridiculous to even say at this point. First people are told they can't base any criticism towards this game after the reveal trailer and were told to wait until we got a gameplay trailer. Now that we got a gameplay trailer, people like you go back on their word and say "no no, waits untli moar trailurz". You're just trying to exhaust the opposition with that. You lot thought that when the gameplay trailer came out everyone would jump on the bandwagon of "NT r teh greetest" and when it didn't go like you expected, you cop-out completely and tell us "wait until moar or plau gaem!!1"
**** THAT! No, we GOT the gameplay trailer, WE WAITED FOR the gameplay trailer before we said we don't like the gameplay. We did just what you lot asked and now you're requesting MORE of us while dehumanizing us with insults and disregarding our pleas!? Dude. NO MORE. If you're so keen on getting people to like this crap-on-a-stick then give us a reason to like it rather than call us people who spank our monkeys to Dante's picture.
Just that so far there's nothing to win us over. If you checked that attitude of yours, maybe someone would actually LIKE to discuss with you. It just seems that you're trying to snuff complaints at this point from the way you're behaving.

Thank you! This expresses my feelings exactly!
---
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes
#112alchemy60Posted 6/15/2011 1:16:56 PM
TheOriginalMax posted...
>How am I flaming anyone?
Your modded message perhaps?

I wouldn't really call that flaming but more of an expression of how I saw alot of the posts about dante being, however I could understand from an outside view how it might not have been appropriate for a post.

Let me clarify, I have no problems with people having their own views, opinions and what not. If you play the game when it releases and still don't have any slight change of view that's fine. It's perfectly reasonable because you actually played it. Hell, If someone here get's a chance to play a small demo at the tokyo game show(which I'm assuming it might be at) and says what their initial thoughts on that time period, fair play.

I'm a person who will not pass judgement on anything until I either watch the movie, play the game or read the book.
As I said in an example: I originally thought iron man 1 and transformer movies would suck but I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were. I had different reasons for both: one being robert Downie playing as Tony Stark and the transformers working good as a live action flick. But my final judgement changed when I saw them.

That's all i'm saying. I'm not trying to convert anyone just asking to stay positive and wait for more stuff to be fleshed out. That is a fair request is it not?

Believe what you want about me but I can assure you there is no high horse, I'm not trying to moderate anyone here. Having a permanent view on something before you even try it is unfair and I'm all about fairness.

Ninja Theory can make good titles. Enslaved was a very solid game. Now if that game wasn't your cup of tea or heavenly sword then fine. But I like to give them a chance, benefit of the doubt that perhaps this game can be good because I haven't been happy with Capcom of Japan inconsistencies with DMC. And sometimes change can be good.

Also about Ninja Gaiden 3, those aren't QTE's: " QTE's allows for limited control of the game character during cut scenes or cinematic sequences in the game. Failing these segments—either by failing to take the correct action in time, or performing a different action—takes the scene in a different course, often to the player character's death."

Button Prompts are entirely different and that's mainly what NG3 has. And from multiple sources who I read that got a chance to play the demo at E3 says it's looking to be the most memorable NG game to date.
Everyone wanted Hayashi to make a NG game from scratch to see what he could do, after Sigma 2. now that he has a working demo of NG3 people are moaning. I'm very positive these people upset are itagaki fanboys who will resent anything that isn't made from him.

As Hayashi said "NInja Gaiden 1 was about making killing fun and the feeling of killing someone with a sword.
Ninja Gaiden 2 was about cutting off limbs.
And Ninja Gaiden 3 is the feeling of cutting through someone's bones with a sword"

Hayashi has been involved with all NG games since NG1 as a AI coder. And alot of the things in the previous NG has been dated which means old. He felt a slight change would be necessary for the franchise and so far I'm loving it.
#113TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/15/2011 1:53:08 PM
>I wouldn't really call that flaming
Saying people spank their monkeys to Dante's picture isn't flaming now? Wow, so what DID you get modded for?

>and says what their initial thoughts on that time period, fair play.
But this is the exact same thing that happened here. "Initial thoughts on that time period".

>But I like to give them a chance
This is getting incredibly frustrating explaining this same point in ten different topics. I'm 100% certain that most, if not all, will play the demo. That's more than you can ask for with such overwhelming negativity surrounding this game.

>QTE's allows for limited control of the game character during cut scenes or cinematic sequences in the game.
Then they are practically QTEs. Limited control during a cinematic sequence.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#114BerserkNinjaPosted 6/15/2011 2:11:37 PM
TheOriginalMax posted...
>
>But I like to give them a chance
This is getting incredibly frustrating explaining this same point in ten different topics. I'm 100% certain that most, if not all, will play the demo. That's more than you can ask for with such overwhelming negativity surrounding this game.

I doubt there will be a demo, and if there is, it'll probably be a pre-order the game to get access to the demo. Which will tell me that they have no confidence in giving you a demo before its release.
#115TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/15/2011 2:21:51 PM
>I doubt there will be a demo, and if there is, it'll probably be a pre-order the game to get access to the demo. Which will tell me that they have no confidence in giving you a demo before its release.
Honestly I agree... It just seems like such a big slap in the face and a clear scam if they don't give us a demo.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.