If you guys all hate the new DmC so badly...

#1Large_TonberryPosted 6/13/2011 2:47:27 AM
...why are you still here? I genuinely don't get it. I just came to this board and nearly 90% of the topics here are just *****ing and whining about the new Dante or Ninja Theory. Why constantly post about a game you're going to inevitably boycott?

Surely you don't think petitions are actually going to make a difference!? Move on with your lives, guys. Find a game that you DO like.

/my 2 cents.
#2xenogearz88Posted 6/13/2011 3:58:37 AM
what, can't people have the right to complain anymore?

oh and, just came to this board? where were you 9 months ago? sleeping under a rock?
---
my rational reaction to any and all of Tameen Antoniade's DmC interviews.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw
#3Large_Tonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2011 4:58:25 AM(edited)
Sleeping under a rock? I didn't realise I had to come and post on the board immediately after the game was annouced. I was probably busy playing games that I actually enjoyed, not bawwwing on a message board because my beloved Dante is different, complaining about a game that most of you guys aren't even buying (by the sounds of it).

It's no wonder the NT don't give a **** about the fans.
#4HellFire-BahamuPosted 6/13/2011 4:53:48 AM
Lol.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#5Yuji KaidoPosted 6/13/2011 5:02:15 AM
To watch it fail of course. I can't speak for everyone but I'm a vindictive bastard.
Probaly not the answer you were expecting but oh well.
---
Anyone who likes Sazh Katzroy is my enemy.
"It's easy to lash out at someone, but it's harder to accept them as an equal." - Claude, SO2
#6neogenoPosted 6/13/2011 5:51:28 AM
Dislike THIS game yes.
Dislike this series no.

People stick around (at least I do) in hopes that the game may be able to retain what it is that you say we are "*****ing and whining" about. Fans tend to hang around a series that they enjoy if you can believe that.
---
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.
#7Large_Tonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2011 6:03:27 AM
neogeno posted...
Dislike THIS game yes.
Dislike this series no.

People stick around (at least I do) in hopes that the game may be able to retain what it is that you say we are "*****ing and whining" about. Fans tend to hang around a series that they enjoy if you can believe that.

Very few people seem to be "enjoying" the new changes though, that's my point. Also, does anyone really think they're going to change it back? Really?

Capcom wanted it to be radically different to the previous games, there's little to no chance of them going back to the old style. It took NT nearly a year to design the new Dante, they're NOT going to change it back, and they've already expressed their views on what the fans think.

But instead, let's all complain, and cry, and try to convince ourselves that DMC4 was actually good. I for one am actually looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and hope it's successful.
#802phelandPosted 6/13/2011 6:26:01 AM
its basic logic, they came here because them like devil may cry and they complain none stop in the hopes that it will have some effect and change Dantes hair,

if his hair was changed back the way it was we would probably see 90% of these threads vanish lol
#9Ether101Posted 6/13/2011 6:54:21 AM(edited)
Large_Tonberry posted...
...why are you still here? I genuinely don't get it. I just came to this board and nearly 90% of the topics here are just *****ing and whining about the new Dante or Ninja Theory. Why constantly post about a game you're going to inevitably boycott?

Surely you don't think petitions are actually going to make a difference!? Move on with your lives, guys. Find a game that you DO like.

/my 2 cents.

The reason we're still here is that went people like you take over we'll be able to say that this game doesn't represent the true DMC.

02pheland posted...
its basic logic, they came here because them like devil may cry and they complain none stop in the hopes that it will have some effect and change Dantes hair,

if his hair was changed back the way it was we would probably see 90% of these threads vanish lol

What the hell are you talking about?
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#10neogenoPosted 6/13/2011 6:53:37 AM
Large_Tonberry posted...
Very few people seem to be "enjoying" the new changes though, that's my point. Also, does anyone really think they're going to change it back? Really?

When we hear a line that says that they want to cater to Western audiences and they end up with something the majority of fans clearly do not enjoy then of course we are going to let them know that by voicing our concerns. Will they change it back? Who absolutely knows for sure? You? There is a chance they will and a chance they wont. Being fans of the series we all hope that they do and continue with trying to voice our concerns til the end.

Capcom wanted it to be radically different to the previous games, there's little to no chance of them going back to the old style. It took NT nearly a year to design the new Dante, they're NOT going to change it back, and they've already expressed their views on what the fans think.

Working a long time on a design does not make it any more better than another. All that means is that they worked long and hard on making something fans dont like. They have also expressed how much they value our opinion by literally saying that they don't care. They are pretty much saying: "No. We know what you guys like. You guys like this. Not that. So buy this because we know what your into. Not you." Taking criticism from the very fans who will be paying for the product is quite important. I understand not bending and snapping to their every will but fans are voicing pretty legit concerns about core staples that make the DMC series what it is.

But instead, let's all complain, and cry, and try to convince ourselves that DMC4 was actually good. I for one am actually looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and hope it's successful.

Again, I'm not sure where your looking, but most of the "crying and complaining" are for legitimate concerns although quite blunt, they do focus on concerns that they feel are important.

Honestly, in my opinion the game was doing just fine in the west without having to actually cater to the west. Now I may be wrong on this but in my opinion I think this whole thing started when Capcom said they wanted to cater to Western gamers. Usually that means that they wanted a bigger audience which in turn just means they want moar money. So they contact what seems to be a popular developer for western hack n slash gaming and say make this series western so we can profit more.

So they say its a reboot. So what happens is the game is stripped of anything that may bring resemblance to its past iterations and its very soul and replaced with the mainstream filler elements thats in most forgettable western games.
---
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.