If you guys all hate the new DmC so badly...

#91_Uwye_Posted 6/15/2011 3:07:33 PM
Large_Tonberry posted...
No that's NOT what I said at all. I explicitly said two - three times that I personally didn't experience any apart from that final boss fight; thinking back, there was a very brief bit during the fight with Jeanne on the collapsing building.

Grunf...please enlighten me. The PS3 isn't a PC, where different configurations can lead to completely different experiences. The PS3 is a closed hardware, the performance of your unit are identical to the performance of every other unit in the world. So if everyone in the world is experiencing frame rate issues with Bayo can you tell me why yours magically doesn't? Because unless you are mixing frame drops (same speed, less frames-per-second) with slowdowns (normal frames-per-second, less speed) I don't know what to say to you.
#92BerserkNinjaPosted 6/15/2011 3:11:53 PM
I think Large_Tonberry gets his/her kicks from arguing with people. Even with the patch to install Bayo on the PS3, there were still problems.
#93Ether101Posted 6/15/2011 3:16:10 PM
Large_Tonberry posted...
This is Dante before he becomes the cocky demon hunter that we know from the previous games.

Dante's fiery personality is something he's supposed to have sense he was a child. Its one of the things put him at odds with father and brother.

He's probably (I'm making an assumption here) inexperienced in combat at this point (being just a skinny kid), so whose fighting style might he try and emulate? His father's maybe? His father who was legendary for his demonic fighting skills? As of yet we don't know WHY he's fighting demons at all - so it's difficult to draw conclusions.

But Sparda was never around for Dante to emulate which plays on an idea for the original DMC that Sparda had died when the twins were young.

Also, NT have said this is merely showing how he becomes that Dante, he'll likely change throughout the course of the game - Ninja Theory seem to like expanding and developing their characters, so that they've made some sort of progression from when the game starts to when the game ends.

Quote me on this - "Emo" Dante will not be miserable and psychotic by the end of the game if Ninja Theory are in control of the storytelling.

The thing is that Dante doesn't because Dante until the end of DMC3, before that he "doesn't give a damn" and is reckless to the point of being suicidal.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#94myghostisdeadPosted 6/15/2011 3:22:13 PM
I hate to say it but as much as I loved Bayo and want a second the PS3 version was not that good, it was terribly distracting.
#95WolfeyesVIIIPosted 6/15/2011 3:25:32 PM
myghostisdead posted...
I hate to say it but as much as I loved Bayo and want a second the PS3 version was not that good, it was terribly distracting.

Thirding this. I liked Bayo, I could have done without the technical problems.
---
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: Persona 2: EP (PSX)
#96Wolf_TorrentPosted 6/15/2011 7:41:14 PM
The thing, most people are complaining about 30fps like it's the impending apocalypse - Bayonetta was much faster paced than DMC4 but ran perfectly fine at 30fps on the PS3, the whole thing is being blown way out of proportion by the people who want to find reasons to hate the game.

When you're used to a certain level of quality, one that's clear and quantifiable (60ps), then are told to expect a downgrade (30fps), negative feedback is not surprising. What's added fuel to the fire is the fact that this is but one of many insults to injury.

Wolf_Torrent posted...
Rule #2 in Fan Club: Don't rip out the soul of the thing that drew us to it in the first place.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-22-new-dante-inspired-by-james-bond-reboot

They're not.

Here's a simple truth. Read, remember. When the knee-jerk reaction of a community thousands strong is this overwhelmingly negative, the person(s) responsible for the community's displeasure best pay attention or risk suffering the consequences.

I never did lump the whole community together - I clearly said in the opening post that it was directed at that part of the community (which I've since labelled the hivemind) that are openly and constantly saying the game is crap, boycotting it, creating petitions, insulting Ninja Theory and saying they won't support the game.

Read your first post again. Didn't see any hivemind speech in it, or even on the first page of this topic. That modded quote of yours was a rude generalization, so whether or not you truly meant it, knock it off.

If this new reboot is upsetting them so much - why not forget about it and move on

Because humans find catharsis in pissing and moaning when we feel personally wronged. It's our thing.
#97TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/16/2011 1:38:21 AM
>Dante's fiery personality is something he's supposed to have sense he was a child. Its one of the things put him at odds with father and brother.
True and all the more reason for Vergil's personality. He's there to counterbalance Dante's personality. The whole gist of the Sparda twins is to have two polar opposites. Though the boastfulness is a shared personality trait :D

>When you're used to a certain level of quality, one that's clear and quantifiable (60ps), then are told to expect a downgrade (30fps), negative feedback is not surprising. What's added fuel to the fire is the fact that this is but one of many insults to injury.
Indeed. The difference between 50fps and 60fps alone is visible enough to warrant opinions about it.

>Read your first post again. Didn't see any hivemind speech in it, or even on the first page of this topic. That modded quote of yours was a rude generalization, so whether or not you truly meant it, knock it off.
Actually about that: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc/59445043/660317072
You're completely right.

>Because humans find catharsis in pissing and moaning when we feel personally wronged. It's our thing.
Yay! Freud time! :D
Good point.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.