the interview that didn't answer anything.for those who missed it live on E3.

#21SaydeWindsaurPosted 6/14/2011 12:14:44 PM
DMC3 Dante was an anti-hero that didn't care about anything and was that way because of his mother's death.

I can't claim to know all the circumstances surrounding the new Dante or this reboot, but if this Dante is in a place where he's constantly being targeted just because he's part-demon, I don't see it being beyond pre-DMC3 Dante's personality to hide his hair color just to avoid having to constantly exert himself. Afterall, Dante's also lazy.
#22TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/14/2011 1:05:12 PM
Ether101 posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...
Ether101 posted...
They said rebirth and retelling of Dante's story which means that have to be faithful to that story.

They're already being unfaithful because of the black hair. Dante was born with white hair. And they blatantly said reboot.
"... But for any... Reboot you generally want to show the... Iconic elements of the franchise..."

I know that, the point is that they really don't understand what a reboot is and are just saying it because they think its cool.

Listen, this is getting REALLY ridiculous, you SAID it's NOT a reboot, when they've BLATANTLY SAID IT IS. Could you STOP for one ****ing second in trying to deny the world is round? Seriously it's not a big freaking deal to admit being wrong. It's very obviously a true reboot, they're retelling everything we know about Dante and changing parts.
Retelling, rebirth and reboot are ALL interchangeable, they're basically the same thing. They even said, blatantly, that you SHOULDN'T use the previous story as a template, MEANING they're retelling the story. Not telling the story, REtelling. Meaning it's not tied in WITH the existing canon but it has features that can be TIED INTO the canon. Not the story as a whole being tied into canon.

>Dante's also lazy.
I'm interested in hearing the source of this if it's ok ^^
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#23SaydeWindsaurPosted 6/14/2011 1:24:06 PM
I'm interested in hearing the source of this if it's ok ^^

Just look at the anime or DMC4's cutscenes. Lady practically has to twist his arm everytime take to take a job and the only ones he's willing to accept on his own are from customers who have the "password". He doesn't really like to cook, clean, or do anything he feels he could get away with for that matter. So if he could do something simple (like changing his hair color) to avoid a large number of unnecessary brawls, I think that would fit into his personality just fine. Though I guess this is a moot point since the creators did apparently claim this particular Dante to be born with black hair.
#24Ether101Posted 6/14/2011 3:21:32 PM
TheOriginalMax posted...
Listen, this is getting REALLY ridiculous, you SAID it's NOT a reboot, when they've BLATANTLY SAID IT IS. Could you STOP for one ****ing second in trying to deny the world is round? Seriously it's not a big freaking deal to admit being wrong. It's very obviously a true reboot, they're retelling everything we know about Dante and changing parts.
Retelling, rebirth and reboot are ALL interchangeable, they're basically the same thing. They even said, blatantly, that you SHOULDN'T use the previous story as a template, MEANING they're retelling the story. Not telling the story, REtelling. Meaning it's not tied in WITH the existing canon but it has features that can be TIED INTO the canon. Not the story as a whole being tied into canon.

You're joking right? They themselves have pointed out how they want this to be part of the canon but because their a bunch of fools they grasp as straws to justify their the changes.

Also, make up your mind, either you believe this to be an 100% break from the original story or you don't.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#25TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/15/2011 9:40:49 AM
Ether101 posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...

You're joking right? They themselves have pointed out how they want this to be part of the canon but because their a bunch of fools they grasp as straws to justify their the changes.

Also, make up your mind, either you believe this to be an 100% break from the original story or you don't.

I'm saying this isn't canon but has parts that can be tied into canon. There's no two polar opposites to choose from only, there's a middle ground and various other "grounds" one can take. It's that sort of polarizing way of thinking that keeps getting people into bad situations.
They said it's a reboot. Which this "discussion" was about. Period.
You said this wasn't a reboot, but it's been blatantly said it is one. Period.
They said you shouldn't use the previous DMCs as a template. Now why do you think they said that? Question mark :D
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
#26Ether101Posted 6/15/2011 10:56:17 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
I'm saying this isn't canon but has parts that can be tied into canon. There's no two polar opposites to choose from only, there's a middle ground and various other "grounds" one can take. It's that sort of polarizing way of thinking that keeps getting people into bad situations.

Having a vague DMC skin of the story doesn't mean its takes form the canon. This game is no different the a Danver AMG fan fic, the traits that have passed on are only skin deep and ultimately show how skewered these people's view of the series is.

They said you shouldn't use the previous DMCs as a template. Now why do you think they said that? Question mark :D

Because their trying to get their asses out of a sling, Capcom has done this kind of thing before. I'd bet a dollar that the big plot twist of this game is going to be that this really is DMC Dante but trapped in some kind of purgatory.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#27TheOriginalMaxPosted 6/15/2011 11:59:35 AM
Ether101 posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...

Having a vague DMC skin of the story doesn't mean its takes form the canon. This game is no different the a Danver AMG fan fic, the traits that have passed on are only skin deep and ultimately show how skewered these people's view of the series is.

Because their trying to get their asses out of a sling, Capcom has done this kind of thing before. I'd bet a dollar that the big plot twist of this game is going to be that this really is DMC Dante but trapped in some kind of purgatory.

I guess this is the best admittance of you admitting being wrong(about it not being a reboot) possible.
Fair enough.
---