If to be a critical fan is to be "hive-minded"...

#1WolfeyesVIIIPosted 6/14/2011 7:48:32 PM
Lol damn, I think I'd rather be supposedly that than to be a passive sheep (o wait, wasn't that what Capcom or NT called critical fans once?) who will wait and accept whatever gets thrown at them and gets ansty when other rock the boat with their concerns. I mean, if someone somehow likes the direction the game is going, I can disagree but hey, everyone has an opinion. At least many "hive minded" fans have their own legitamate complaints based on what they've seen and reasoned as opposed to "STOP COMPLAINING. GET OFF THE BOARDS IF YOU DON'T LIKE. IT'S NOT OUT, CAN'T JUDGE OR REASON BASED ON WHAT WE'RE GIVEN, LALALALA HIVE-MINDED HATERS GOTTA HATE HAIR BLAH".

Yeeeah, I'll happily join the supposed Legion of the Hive-minded with those options.
---
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: Persona 2: EP (PSX)
#2smithkakarotPosted 6/14/2011 7:57:56 PM
What's the difference between "hive-minded" and "sheep"?
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#3GodzFollowerPosted 6/14/2011 8:08:14 PM
critical fans are fine, but use logic in your arguments. Some of the critisizers need to stop stating opinion as fact, stop with the silly petitions, and just realize if you don't like the direction of the game you gotta suck it up for this game at the very least. I highly doubt they are going to stop the game no matter how many fans hate it, they have their minds set that they can do it and they are going to do the best they kind.

You can't hate them for the mind state, so I say give them a chance, if they blow it fine, may we go back to the OG style. But alas if Capcom is willing to trust them with such a job, the fans(while you don't owe it) should at least give them the opportunity. I was turned off by the trailers but the more I watch them the more I want to give it a chance. Its still early development, they have a load of time to make changes, and actually make this a pretty decent action game, so lets see where it goes until we see final build development.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#4BerserkNinjaPosted 6/14/2011 8:40:09 PM
GodzFollower posted...
but the more I watch them the more I want to give it a chance.

Wow! You want to give them a chance after all those interviews? Are you Tam?
#5W3lkinPosted 6/15/2011 1:32:15 AM
I highly doubt they are going to stop the game no matter how many fans hate it, they have their minds set that they can do it and they are going to do the best they kind.

They will NEVER stop this game, since both companies are both financially involved deeply already. This doesn't change the fact that fans have to keep their voices heard. This Capcom approach is a model that may or may not be replicated after this game. If this is a failure, and fans constantly voice their displeasure many companies will realize that such an egomaniacal and arrogant approach at gaming will never be successful, so there won't be other series killed just because 'we gotta sell 5 millions'.

Maybe next time they need to rework on a franchise they'll try to follow true creative project instead of this pseudo- frankenstein project created just to aim the game at the most casual audience believing fans will follow around like sheeps.

But alas if Capcom is willing to trust them with such a job, the fans(while you don't owe it) should at least give them the opportunity. I was turned off by the trailers but the more I watch them the more I want to give it a chance.

Wow. So you don't like the things that actually matter (the trailer) but you enjoy people openly lying and insulting the fans. I guess The NT guys must be your idols or something like that.
#6Large_TonberryPosted 6/15/2011 1:45:48 AM
See guys, THIS is exactly why people like myself throw around the word "hivemind". One person in this topic reasonably explains why it should be given a chance, but then the hivemind swoops in and accuses him of being Tam, or not a "true fan" as I've seen in other topics.

You are all so intent and focused on hating that nobody can express opinions to the contrary on this board without being insulted.
#7GodzFollowerPosted 6/15/2011 4:00:01 AM

Wow! You want to give them a chance after all those interviews? Are you Tam?

No not at all, I just learned to accept the change. Im a DMC fan, I enjoyed all of the games, even 2 deserves credit. I understand the whole change is extreme, and i've said many times im not a fan of Dante's new punk look, but Im just saying give it more time. Come release the sales will speak for themselves anyways. Having your voice heard is one thing, constantly bashing the game cuz you don't like the direction is another. If you don't like it you can simply state it without having a deep hate for NT, Tameem, ect.

I've bashed Dante's look a couple of times, but he seriously looks poorly thrown together, its not out of hate that they changed him, its just the change could be a lot better. But cursing at NT every chance you get isn't really going to accomplish much, so just see where the game goes, if you don't like where it ends up ignore it and somehow voice your opinion to capcom in a more calm manner.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#8vhunter14Posted 6/15/2011 5:06:55 AM
how are we the hive mind if you guys are the ones who keep going on with the same thnigs too, that contradicts.
#9Large_TonberryPosted 6/15/2011 5:33:00 AM(edited)
vhunter14 posted...
how are we the hive mind if you guys are the ones who keep going on with the same thnigs too, that contradicts.

Hardly. "We", the tiny minority of people who are actually trying to give the game a chance, are actually capable of rationally looking at the changes, and are waiting for more substantial information to be released before jumping to conclusions.

Whereas you "haters" are spreading across the internet like a ****ing plague, contaminating every single piece of media relating to this game & Ninja Theory with your incessant hatred and unwillingness to accept change. Even Ninja Theory's facebook page is overrun with you people.

And in doing so, thus the hivemind was formed, and that's likely how it will remain until the game releases.
#10neogenoPosted 6/15/2011 7:37:00 AM
Hey im willing to accept change when I can honestly see the need for it. And I really didnt see the need for it here. Tons of people still think Dante is cool. Tons of people didn't mind his attire. The gameplay was top tier and tons of fun. His attitude despite his surroundings is entertaining. And there are lots of different areas from the end of DMC4 that they could have pursued storywise. I mean why introduce a brand new character and then say you've run out of ideas for story?
---
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.